Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Eve Online > General Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 10-29-2012, 10:55 AM

Default Roam Training - Sign Up

Ladies and Gents,

We seem to have settled into a nice rhythm now of RvB Ganked being a regular thing for the Corp to attend to get its weekly PvP fix.

We're also seeing some pretty exciting things - last night we took down a Battleship (Megathron), took down a POS and took a big slice out of a Rorqual before his carrier friend showed up to ruin the fun.

I know a few people are a little nervous of joining because they don't necessarily have the experience of navigating the routes, picking up on the data that's being broadcast and are generally not as confident as others.

If anyone's interested, please use this thread as a sign up for some training. The goal will be to slowly and patiently run through all the things you'll come across in a roam, and to go at the pace of the slowest member.

We'll start by running through High Sec, practice moving from system to system, getting to safe spots and how to follow instructions that are broadcast, and where to pick them up.

If everyone's up for it we can then take a tour through low-sec and see what we can find to kill, or give us an insta-teleport back to Stac,

We'll see how many names we can get, then pick a date. And we can keep doing it until everyone is confident.

Vent is a must, although if you don't want to talk, or prefer to type questions you can just listen. You don't even need a headset for that.

Bring small ships, and assume that they will be destroyed (if we go through low sec). Step one of the training will be in always insuring your ship, and always making sure your clone is up to date.

We can even speak to Sam nicely about doing a production run of something using our ever increasing pile of mining op materials.

Thanks,

Core

World of Warcraft:
    Healstorm, Steamwheedle Cartel
    Igore, Darkmoon Faire
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 12-16-2012, 08:23 PM

If the offer is still open I'm up for some PVP training; it's been years since I last did any PVP in Eve, hell it's been years since I last played Eve, so I'm massively out of practice

I used to enjoy PVP and fleet warfare though so I'm up to try it once again. I'm good for ships, cash etc.

Ingame name Guru 4uuuu
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 12-19-2012, 11:42 AM

Definitely something that I know little about so I'm up for some sort of roam training.

Karadis
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 12-21-2012, 10:36 AM

I am definitely in. Can help in different roles, DPS, Scout or Logistics.

Corp will put in some support.
    We can build some hulls up to Cruiser size and/or replace losses of insured ships for trainees or ppl short on ISK.

Cheers,
    (Eve Online)
    ... working on an Eve explorer career right now
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 12-22-2012, 01:07 PM

If it's going this'd be really cool =)
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 12-23-2012, 10:49 PM

I see we've got a spike in the signups to this thread. Need to plan a time in to get this up and running. Let's try and set something up over the Christmas/new year break - standby for more details.

The Corp really needs someone to step up and take the lead as Fleet Controller for Corp PvP activities. If anyone's interested in this, please speak to Sam, myself, or one of the other directors.

Core

World of Warcraft:
    Healstorm, Steamwheedle Cartel
    Igore, Darkmoon Faire
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 12-24-2012, 06:06 PM

Im in for this and can help out with dps/tackle once I get back after christmas

Kiara