Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Off topic

#11   Report Post  
    Old 12-05-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
    [...]But the campaign group Republic - which wants an elected head of state in Britain - said "nothing of substance" had been changed.

"The monarchy discriminates against every man, woman and child who isn't born into the Windsor family. To suggest that this has anything to do with equality is utterly absurd," spokesman Graham Smith said.
    It's about as pertinent an issue as whether women are allowed to become bishops; it's all archaic bullshit - who gives a good god damn?
    "Today the law has decided that dogs can now be a member of the Gestapo." Well that's fabulous; we can mark this down as another great leap forward for civilisation today.

Unfortunately whenever I show my anti-royalist tendencies I'm told that we can tolerate the gross hypocrisy of claiming to be being a progressive, equal-opportunities society when we carry these aristocratic ticks on our flank because they bring in more money than they take. Which is all fine and dandy - but if they're bringing in so much money, why do they need to skim taxes?

Of course if they weren't funded by the citizens they could say "Well screw you then", lock down the palace we currently pay to maintain and move all their money out of the country to dodge taxes like the other aristocrat parasites.

I've not checked the Jobscentre site, but I don't think you're entitled to benefits if you're getting [url=http://www.discoveryfinance.com/how-much-do-british-royal-family-make-annually.html]over $450,000 a year[/url] in inheritance.

Last edited by agr1ppa; 12-05-2012 at 02:32 PM.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 12-05-2012, 03:01 PM

I say we lock them all in a cage and charge tourists to feed them peanuts, most of them look like shaven chimps anyway.
    -8GB kingston DDR3 1333MHz HyperXBlu Red
    -Corsair 650w psu
    -Win 7

Void Destroyer - Space Sim meets RTS
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 12-05-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by agr1ppa View Post
    they bring in more money than they take.
    Actually they don't. Everything they own is stolen from the poor either directly or by their ancestors. For example, Charles's personal wealth is somewhere in the region of 900 million pounds with all the properties he owns and shit. Those properties make money from tourism and he pays a little of this money to the British government in tax.

But those properties aren't his. They were stolen by his ancestors, or built with wealth that was otherwise stolen from Britain. If charles didn't own them, every penny they brought in would go to the British government. He is the entity which is keeping ALL that money from tourism going to the British PEOPLE by taking most of it for himself.

Quote:
    Of course if they weren't funded by the citizens they could say "Well screw you then", lock down the palace we currently pay to maintain and move all their money out of the country to dodge taxes like the other aristocrat parasites.
    They couldn't move any wealth out of the country, it's not theirs. Their ancestors stole it from the poorest people in the world, mostly English citizens. The palaces they live in were never bought or earned through honest work or trade, they were stolen either by them, or by other people who gave them as gifts. They belong to the British people, currently they are infested with mentally ill parasites who believe they have a divine mandate from God to live there.

Like I said, it's hard to keep a straight face when Britain or British people claim our society is one of meritocracy, progressive, etc. because it's not, not even a little bit. I wish this family of parasites and leeches nothing but harm, pain, suffering and bad luck and I hope I see it all in my lifetime.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 12-05-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alberthammond View Post
    Same as they valiantly blew the shit out Manchester city centre, although it did get a shiny new one.
    Someone blew the shit out of Manchester? Wouldn't have thought anyone would notice.
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 12-05-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JackRabbit View Post
    Someone blew the shit out of Manchester? Wouldn't have thought anyone would notice.
    It caused a billion quid's worth of damage and injured 212 people. I think a few people noticed.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 12-05-2012, 09:20 PM

Did it cause a billion quids worht of damage, or is that just what the insurance claim said?
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 12-05-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JackRabbit View Post
    Did it cause a billion quids worht of damage, or is that just what the insurance claim said?
    Well, it was 700 million at the time. That's a billion in today's scrilla though. Back in those days you could get paid tuppence, go to the pictures for a thripny bit, get a bag of chips for a bob on the way home and still have enough left over to buy a house and a car.

Money these days goes nowhere.
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 12-06-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
    Someone blew the shit out of Manchester? Wouldn't have thought anyone would notice
    Apart from the loud bang that I heard 6 miles away? Apart from all the parking meter areas being closed off and my work place moving to red alert on the friday (which funnily enough dropped straight back down to normal on the Monday in spite of plod telling everyone there would be more attacks as an excuse to check everyones cars for tax/insurance/being black).

Quote:
    Well considering we'd had fuck all investment off the government in donkey's years is it surprising that they did what EVERY fucker else does with insurance claims? See that bright light? Hear that god-like chiming? Thats the worlds first honest insurance claim ever right there.

Quote:
    get a bag of chips for a bob
    Chips!! you could afford chips!! Bloody middle class! We had to put up with scratching.
    Om - Thats a funny thing, winners never talk of Glorious Victories. That's because they're the ones who see what the battlefield looks like afterward. It's only the losers who have Glorious Victories.

T Pratchett, Small Gods.
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 12-06-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alberthammond View Post
    plod telling everyone there would be more attacks as an excuse to check everyones cars for tax/insurance/being black
    Are you saying that the British police force in the early 90's was racist? INCONTHEEVABLE!
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 12-06-2012, 02:35 PM

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk[/url]