Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 12-03-2012, 09:57 PM

Exclamation will of the emperor avoiding devastating combo

i found a video that shows you have to avoid the combo's might be worth a watch may help ya abit just a 2 and a half mins showing ya how he does it

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2MJt87swEdM[/url]

Tanks:
    On this encounter we had our tanks drag the boss back to where the stairs were, the boss will cast Devastating Combo, what you will be looking for is blue lines in the air showing the direction of his strike. He will have 4 different strike that you will need to look for. Right ,Left Forward, and Stomp.

Each of his strike will cover at lease 180 degrees in the direction he is striking. so if right is strike then move left, If left move right, if forward then run thew him to get behind, then his stomp u will need to run out 10 yards away from him. u will need to dodge 5 of these strikes to gain Opportunistic strike that will inflect 500,000 damage each time. after the combo the boss will be doing increase damage so make sure to use a defensive cool down each time it ends. You will need to save one of your major cool down for when you are in the gas phase.

Also note: that you can add more people to dodge these combo's for the opportunistic strike, balancing this will depend on how your add controls are.

Rinse and repeat!Rinse and Repeat Then Win!

Over all this was a pretty easy fight if you killed Elegon then this will just take a few attempts till your tanks get how to dodge the combos

Note that we were able to keep one melee full time on the boss dodge combo's since we 2 healed this encounter

Also bit for add control and info

This fight its all about handling the adds and tanks dodging the Devastating combo, so they are able to gain the Opportunistic Strike.
    Add Priority should be Emperor's Courage, Then Emperor's Rage and then Emperor's Strength.

Once the Emperor's Courage spawns it will target a tank and start to fixate on them and head towards them, if the add reaches the tank it will place a stacking debuff on the tank that will decrease movement speed by 25% per stack and also buff the add with a 100% damage increase each stack. Note that they will only be able to be attack from behind and you can in-snare and slow its moments.

Once the Emperor's Rage spawns it will fixate on a random raid member, this excludes tank. and starts attacking its target till it is killed.

Once Emperor's Strength spawns we had our hunter taunt it and kite and kill this add, he will also cast Energizing Smash it will be a large circle on the ground that you need to move out of.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 12-03-2012, 10:02 PM

Just because I dont know where else to put it and I need to get it out of my system...

THAT DAMAGE IS INSANE, I HAVE NO HEAL THAT LARGE.

Guess a lot of this comes down to tanks not getting the armor debuff = win
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 12-03-2012, 10:22 PM

i aint got a big heal lol my monks gets Surging mist that hits for 66k after nerf if iam luck and crits 122k , my EM is ment ot be over 100k upfront seems to be around 60k and then it puts a dot on target and thats it thats 2 heals i got that are big

the main issue we have thats a problem if it happens for tanks and healers is this

Once the Emperor's Courage spawns it will target a tank and start to fixate on them and head towards them, if the add reaches the tank it will place a stacking debuff on the tank that will decrease movement speed by 25% per stack and also buff the add with a 100% damage increase each stack. Note that they will only be able to be attack from behind and you can in-snare and slow its moments.

is that add hits tank there slowed and the add hits them harder and they have to avoid the dance that basically makes it almost unhealable but if we going to 2 heal this we need to put a high dps melee on boss as they can do the dance and get the button tanks get for that big damage hit , we need a hunter to taunt Emperor's Strength kite and kill it that that will be there main job only . rest should be dotting all adds and bosses and helping where needed most.

most of the damage on the 2 bosses will be coming from tanks and the dps doing the dance with them to get the 500k damage hit button i belive it is, this is why its so important to get the dance spot on if they dont get hit by it they aint taking hardly any damage and me and totem can basically 2 heal as we be mainly healing the raid and having the mana for the gas part of fight where huge aoe damage is incoming

Range job is just the adds and doting boss when possible

are best attempt on will and damage on the adds and by who

Emperor's Courage
    Actor Amount %
    Aphaeas 973481 25.5 %
    Noheels 582785 15.3 %
    Belimawr 468964 12.3 %
    Littlesky 407241 10.7 %
    Serpent 350804 9.2 %
    Vodanda 281948 7.4 %
    Bounty 246192 6.4 %
    Zalid 207951 5.4 %
    Slím 128499 3.4 %
    Totemchucker 96575 2.5 %
    Mindbender 67767 1.8 %
    Searing Totem 8939 0.2 %

Emperor's Rage

Actor Amount %
    Noheels 3555022 17.4 %
    Aphaeas 3551558 17.4 %
    Zalid 3539701 17.3 %
    Belimawr 1972530 9.7 %
    Littlesky 1699728 8.3 %
    Serpent 1696271 8.3 %
    Bounty 1520996 7.4 %
    Doómy 913911 4.5 %
    Totemchucker 298768 1.5 %
    Mindbender 291831 1.4 %
    Slím 285324 1.4 %
    Beast 274228 1.3 %
    Beast 256969 1.3 %
    Vodanda 254718 1.2

Emperor's Strength

Actor Amount %
    Zalid 3779190 22.2 %
    Noheels 3351278 19.7 %
    Aphaeas 2321896 13.6 %
    Belimawr 1591599 9.3 %
    Littlesky 1499644 8.8 %
    Bounty 1228324 7.2 %
    Serpent 1215902 7.1 %
    Slím 563234 3.3 %
    Totemchucker 390061 2.3 %
    Doómy 316874 1.9 %
    Mindbender 265966 1.6 %
    Shadowy Apparition 164649 1.0 %
    Beast 130399 0.8 %
    Beast 127704 0.7 %
    Searing Totem 51135 0.3 %
    Vodanda 40578 0.2 %

only thing i can see from that attempt and dont think iam having a pop is the 2 hunters damage on them could off been abit better on Rage and Strength but on Courage aphaeas is doing 25% of the damage nearest one to her is 10% lower, just buy improving people reaction time and timing on right adds this could improve the adds going down greatly, as said i only using are best attempt as an example and not having a pop at anyone just putting it on here so we know where we can improve, i was'nt perfect myself i got stuned a few times but the big add when i shouldn't off and i let slim die a few times by not keeping him toped up enough

Last edited by Vodanda; 12-03-2012 at 10:24 PM.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 12-03-2012, 10:46 PM

to be honest as a hunter your doing well just coming close to the casters, most raid groups wont even take them to will as they may as well just sleep in the corner for what they can contribute to the fight.

for me the main thing I would take from those numbers is zal spent too much time on the Str in comparison to courage and his DPS would do a lot more.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 12-04-2012, 12:52 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    to be honest as a hunter your doing well just coming close to the casters, most raid groups wont even take them to will as they may as well just sleep in the corner for what they can contribute to the fight.

for me the main thing I would take from those numbers is zal spent too much time on the Str in comparison to courage and his DPS would do a lot more.
    Hunters are sought after once u hit hcs as there great spark soakers. One of the best par SPriest.

Just control the adds and don't worry about the boss at all, nuke the rages then strength and boom courage whens its up.

U will be a min or so when no adds spawn so u can fully focus on spanking the boss at that point. If there is a strength left up just before the nuke assign melee to kill it while range nuke emps.

Rinse repeat, get loot.

Go go team, good luck! I hear u have pro tank now?
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 12-04-2012, 10:44 AM

You can go survival for the roots, Belimawr, and lock the smaller adds down almost completely. You can also use disengage to get to the Courage and put dots and concussive shot on it before it gets the shield up.

If a hunter's dps is good on this fight, they're doing it wrong. Focus on keeping the adds off the healers.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 12-04-2012, 12:12 PM

Once DPS understand that their job is to kill the adds most of the time, the fight's really easy. The bosses will die to tanks hitting them with overpowering thingy, and the DPS are allowed to hit them during the gas phases (when they do extra damage and there are no adds spawning). The rest of the time, just stay on top of the adds.

There's very little damage to heal; the tanks take regular moderate hits, and the raid needs healing during gas.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 12-04-2012, 01:00 PM

The damage I was healing was not 'very little' Auto attacks for well over 50% of the tanks hp. Sure that will go away once they are avoiding the debuff but as of now we are still learning the encounter.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 12-04-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belara View Post
    You can go survival for the roots, Belimawr, and lock the smaller adds down almost completely. You can also use disengage to get to the Courage and put dots and concussive shot on it before it gets the shield up.

If a hunter's dps is good on this fight, they're doing it wrong. Focus on keeping the adds off the healers.
    but thats the problem with 2 hunters they need to try to do the damage to keep ontop of it, but after sunday I was planing on having a look at possibly going a style with more control., but guess that will have to wait till thursday/sunday to try.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 12-04-2012, 03:24 PM

Found this for avoiding arcs useful [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrycm4Ayhu0[/url]