Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Planetside 2 > Planetside 2 UK

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-27-2012, 12:00 PM

Default What do you want from a Liberator pilot?

I'm not very good at it, but I'm learning. What'd help me is if you chaps could let me know what you'd like from your ideal Lib pilot. Last night, great as the outfit action was, I was kind of annoyed at myself for not finding many tasty targets for my gunners. And I was downright embarrassed when I did eventually crash the thing, murdering dear squad mates.

So, my question is - if you're riding with me, what do you want me to be able to do? Or how would you like me to try and fly?

And if there's any Lib pilots who have got tips for handling the damn thing (I'm using a 360 controller and still experimenting with key bindings) please share them.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-27-2012, 12:04 PM

I would also like to know this. Do Gunners Prefer a high altitude stable(stationary) platform, Or maybe a more mobile lower altitude. Or maybe something completely different.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-27-2012, 01:18 PM

Log on early in the morning to get flight practice (less crowded). Try all sorts of crazy moves. The render distance you can see enemy's on the ground is shorter then if you were on the ground looking up. So the higher you are the less targets for your gunners. If you buy the zoom optics, your gunners can use them (don't forget to equip them, and tell the gunners you have it). Hold middle mouse to free look. T for 3rd person. You can adjust turn sensitivity just for air in the settings menu.

And I would be remiss not to suggest switching to a mouse instead of a pad :-p
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 11-27-2012, 02:26 PM

For real? I've tried mouse flight, found it painfully tricky.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 11-27-2012, 07:29 PM

Maybe I'm more used to it. I invert the controls and crank my mouse dpi up to 3000 (mouse acceleration off, Of course). Practice with the one seater.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 12-04-2012, 09:17 AM

I highly reccomend getting a pad, got a xbox controller last night and its rediculous how good flying is now

Stationary high altitude is prob the best state for gunners to fire from but if you do have to move try to keep your flying down to slow banking turns so the gunners can track targets easier.

Of course if you have an enemy fighter on your tail then do whatever needs to be done lol.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 12-05-2012, 09:39 PM

Buy the zephyr or dalton and fly around in circles ! DONE

seriously, learn how your guns aim so if the gunner calls which way to face know how to position the lib in a way he can aim, same goes for tail gunner if hes AA especially, know how to react and position properly.

Learning a rapid landing is useful aswell, needs pratice but basically fly at the ground, pretty steep angle last minute pull hard up while pressing your space key to ascend, should just hit you into the ground but not damage you.

Usual health or auto repair upgrades, 1 level of decoys are very good as I can imagine soon enough every ESF will have lock on missiles and finally don't neglect the performance upgrades be it speed or maneuverability, both will be useful just depends on what you prefer.

Mnemi