Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Off topic

#11   Report Post  
    Old 11-24-2012, 11:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to Megazell Send a message via MSN to Megazell Send a message via Skype™ to Megazell

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dylanger View Post
    I think most people and organisations in this country are Cunts. We're shit to each other, shit to our neighbours, shit to kids and shit to the old.

when I heard this story I didnt bat an eyelid to be honest. just another story of the English being Cunts to one and other, whats new?
    I won't belong to any organization that would have me as a member. - Groucho Marx
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 11-25-2012, 07:52 AM

SaEn, the people in question were regular foster parents/ theyd already looked after 12 kids. They spoke to the chores in their own language and played local games/songs with them.

They were removed for their political beliefs, nothing more.

Incidentally, the council woman even got the ukips position wrong, so she was no doubt responding to a caricature of the party rather than the Actuality.

On the plus side, this has really damaged labour.

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 11-25-2012, 09:58 AM

I for one will not jerk the knee to my Daily Mail overlords without access to all the facts. Then again, who knows maybe it is [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmkHLiZMJeU"]political correctness gorn mad[/URL]
    "...people who personify and love corporations to the point where they can actually feel betrayed by them - well, roll over and take it. You're in for a lifetime of abusive imaginary relationships."

(Blyth Jon, September 2011, PCGamer UK, p90)

Steam id: feersum
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 11-25-2012, 12:09 PM

I really don't get all the negativity towards UKIP. A lot of their arguments against the EU make a lot of sense and as far as I can tell they don't appear to be racists.
    “There has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this simple fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots.” - Ian Banks
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 11-25-2012, 12:19 PM

ITs absolutely disgraceful to accuse UKIP of racism when its far more accurate to accuse them of self promotion, corruption and hypocracy.
    I am especially ford of the way that, when he was an MEP, Mr Farrage sequestered 2 million pounds worth of tax payers money, on top of his salary, to show how the MEP expenses were being abused.
    Of course, that he did not announce this himself but let the Guardian announce it for him, thereby allowing a hard working British journalist obtain a significant scoop just shows how dedicated to the cause of British virtues such as hard work, fairness and honesty Mr Farrage is.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 11-25-2012, 01:57 PM
    Banned

BNP or UKIP, it makes no difference. Children shouldn't be taken away because of a parent's political leanings. Can you imagine the uproar if this had been Christian or Muslim children taken away because of their parent's detrimental religious beliefs? Unbelievable.
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 11-25-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JackRabbit View Post
    ITs absolutely disgraceful to accuse UKIP of racism when its far more accurate to accuse them of self promotion, corruption and hypocracy.
    I am especially ford of the way that, when he was an MEP, Mr Farrage sequestered 2 million pounds worth of tax payers money, on top of his salary, to show how the MEP expenses were being abused.
    Of course, that he did not announce this himself but let the Guardian announce it for him, thereby allowing a hard working British journalist obtain a significant scoop just shows how dedicated to the cause of British virtues such as hard work, fairness and honesty Mr Farrage is.
    I have no idea who I will vote for
    “There has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this simple fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots.” - Ian Banks
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 11-25-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
    On the plus side, this has really damaged labour.
    so because of one persons views you are going to go against an entire group of people? sounds just as small minded as the person who took the kids off the parents for them being in UKIP.
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 11-25-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    Can you imagine the uproar if this had been Christian or Muslim children taken away because of their parent's detrimental religious beliefs? Unbelievable.
    Taking them away before they are brainwashed sounds a good idea to me...
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 11-25-2012, 04:24 PM

Bel- no, I've always been anti labour. Until they put forward policies that don't needlessly bloat the public sector and over spend then I will continue to do so. Ironically, I thought millibland had a chance to rebrand labour back to its roots, making it far more electable. But he didn't.

Any council that removes children because of political motivation deserves the drumming it will likely get.

Don't get me wrong tho, I'm no fan of UKip either, and we're it the other way around of be just as pissed off.

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com