Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#31   Report Post  
    Old 11-22-2012, 02:28 PM

Just a spam account. Its stardock. Others have the exact same scenario as me. In the first link the guy had never even received spam until his encounter with Stardock. One of the two of my accounts had never received spam either as it was private.

Stardock is spamming, refusing to unsub people, and selling emails. There is nothing more I need to look into. I am not new to this, I don't need any advice. I am sharing information.

*edit JUST TO REMIND PEOPLE... The spam I am talking about did NOT start until I visited Stardocks webpage ONCE. It was because of this thread I went to their site. Since this thread popped up I have received emails from them almost daily.
      #32   Report Post  
    Old 11-22-2012, 05:56 PM

Yeah, but did you enter your email address when you visited their website? Cause I can't imagine that they've "guessed" it somehow.
      #33   Report Post  
    Old 11-22-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arobein View Post
    Yeah, but did you enter your email address when you visited their website? Cause I can't imagine that they've "guessed" it somehow.
    I am not going to educate you on how its done. But I will clear up that I had not entered EITHER of my 2 email addresses during my ONE visit.

I have provided links, and a quick google search will enlighten you more. Should you wish to take it a step further, you can even find out how to gather email addy's from people visiting your site!

Stardock has horrible practices and I am not sure why you are so eager to defend them, but that is your decision. Just bare in mind if you don't work for them, you aren't going to get paid for it anyhow!

*edit* - I also wanted to point out AGAIN that they are ignoring my unsubscribe wishes. I now have them completely blocked on all my email accounts.

Last edited by johnny82; 11-22-2012 at 08:18 PM.
      #34   Report Post  
    Old 11-22-2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnny82 View Post
    I am not going to educate you on how its done. But I will clear up that I had not entered EITHER of my 2 email addresses during my ONE visit.

I have provided links, and a quick google search will enlighten you more. Should you wish to take it a step further, you can even find out how to gather email addy's from people visiting your site!

Stardock has horrible practices and I am not sure why you are so eager to defend them, but that is your decision. Just bare in mind if you don't work for them, you aren't going to get paid for it anyhow!

*edit* - I also wanted to point out AGAIN that they are ignoring my unsubscribe wishes. I now have them completely blocked on all my email accounts.
    You don't have to be so rude. I was just wondering as to how they got hold of your email adress without you giving it to them.
      #35   Report Post  
    Old 11-22-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by doctor_roxo View Post
    usually in these cases i assume the woman is lying.
    Nice to see sexism is alive and well on the PCG Forums...
      #36   Report Post  
    Old 11-23-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arobein View Post
    You don't have to be so rude. I was just wondering as to how they got hold of your email adress without you giving it to them.
    You know what, I was rude. And I am sorry. Seriously. It isn't you. Even though I am a grown man, it was one of those silly moments full of annoyance, at Stardock. They have offended me lol.

My apologies.