Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#151   Report Post  
    Old 11-21-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by UKChris View Post
    Fuck what other people say, but for a new hitman player this game is a MUST buy!
    Its great for newcommers as they dont realise what they were missing.
      #152   Report Post  
    Old 11-21-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by The_B View Post
    UKChris, I wouldn't take people questioning your opinion too harshly - most of folks responses here are just genuine discussion even if it is a little passive/aggressive.
    Lol I don't think they understand what I have written, I don't play games like this usually.. and have never played hitman before.. So I wouldn't compare it to another hitman game, or any other genre of game. From my own opinion, I love it..
      #153   Report Post  
    Old 11-21-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
    Lol I don't think they understand what I have written, I don't play games like this usually.. and have never played hitman before.. So I wouldn't compare it to another hitman game, or any other genre of game. From my own opinion, I love it..
    Good for you. Hope you have many happy hours gaming. I'll probably wait till it's on sale before I buy it though.
      #154   Report Post  
    Old 11-21-2012, 03:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to glottis8 Send a message via MSN to glottis8

So far i am enjoying the game very much. Some of the levels tend to be a little more open, and looking at some of the unlockables it can get pretty creative. The gameplay is fun, but i can see where it deviates from Blood Money.

Prbly pick it up if you guys don't want to pay full price... just the art in the game is pretty gorgeous and all the ways to kill a target is a lot of fun. For me its what i was looking for... specially if you play on hardest settings where there are just a ton of guys...

i do have to say that the crowds are done amazingly well. Play the game... is there a demo? i think the game holds on its own, and i am pretty happy with it.

You can see my steam list if you are worried about what kind of games i play.

That is just my opinion.
    -Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor BX80570E8500
    -RAM 8GB
    -SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit
    -Antec NeoPower 650 Blue 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI
    -Windows 7 Home Premium
      #155   Report Post  
    Old 11-21-2012, 03:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to glottis8 Send a message via MSN to glottis8

oh yea... agreed.. don't play this game on normal... you can just waltz your way in... i have been playing on expert... and some missions i checked purist.

I think the game is fun. some screenies of how pretty it is in my steam profile.
    -Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor BX80570E8500
    -RAM 8GB
    -SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit
    -Antec NeoPower 650 Blue 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI
    -Windows 7 Home Premium
      #156   Report Post  
    Old 11-21-2012, 03:53 PM

I like the idea of Hitman games and have enjoyed playing them before over at a friends but I really sucked at them. It was a long time ago and I have more patience now so maybe I should give Blood Money a go since everyone seems to regard that one as the best.
    “There has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this simple fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots.” - Ian Banks
      #157   Report Post  
    Old 11-21-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
    Which is what I was getting at. I hope you have many hours of fun with the game, but, quite frankly, if you have no idea what the genre is capable of, you will be unaware of whether the game matches up to its contempories.
    Its like, if that Amazonian tribe that had never interacted with the modern world were taken to the cinema. They might think that Twilight was a good film because, well its got pictures that MOVE!!!
      #158   Report Post  
    Old 11-21-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JackRabbit View Post
    Which is what I was getting at. I hope you have many hours of fun with the game, but, quite frankly, if you have no idea what the genre is capable of, you will be unaware of whether the game matches up to its contempories.
    Its like, if that Amazonian tribe that had never interacted with the modern world were taken to the cinema. They might think that Twilight was a good film because, well its got pictures that MOVE!!!
    Pretty much.

I took mine back to Asda today for a swap. I was trying to play contracts last night but the servers were down for bloody hours. that coupled with the fact that it just wasnt the "Hitman" we all knew and loved sealed the deal for me.

Got Dishonered and Blood money (Again)

I've lost count of how many times I've actually owned Blood money but sold it on only to re buy it again sometime down the line, today, was another time..
      #159   Report Post  
    Old 11-21-2012, 07:12 PM

Okay, I had a chance to sink my teeth into this game last night (got about 3 hours of solid gameplay in), and while Hitman Absolution is not perfect, I am really enjoying the game. The graphics are really well done (and my framerate rarely dips even with my settings on ultra), the AI is decent enough (but can be wonky at times), the controls are not too shabby. And I LOVE the fact that you can subdue NPC's without using a syringe needle or a bottle of anesthetic. By the way- it's great to hear David Bateson's voice again. That dude rules.....

Now there are some additions to the gameplay that was unnecessary (i.e. the tagging system... while cool, it's just not needed in a series like this). And this may sound lame, but I miss Jesper Kyd's musical score.... the music, while okay, just doesn't seem to fit for me.

Is Absolution as good as Blood Money? Not in my opinion. I LOVE Blood Money.... I kinda feel like Absolution took the series a couple steps forward, but a couple step back as well.

Tom Francis' review is a tad harsh in my eyes, but he is entitled to his opinion and his gripes are not completely without merit. But the bottom line is that I am enjoying the game. We have waited over 6 years for another Hitman game to hit the streets, and it's just great to be able to control Agent 47 again.
      #160   Report Post  
    Old 11-21-2012, 07:25 PM

It's funny because now I will play Blood Money and ignore this. Never played a Hitman game.