Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Eve Online > General Discussion

#31   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 12:01 PM

If we were to get organised then I think we could produce an orca a week with the slots that people have very kindly offered IF we have enough mats.

On that topic I think the mats are going to be the limiting factor using Jita prices the cost of the mats needed to produce an orca is 773m or so.

This is based on using blueprints that are not researched.

Next time I'm on i'll have a look at changing the google doc to reflect a blueprint that has been researched.

But given that on the op on wednesday we refined around 170m isk worth of mats it look like mats will be the limiting factor.

To get past this we could either run a second mining op or try and think of a way we can buy ore from corp members as per the thread that core set up a week or so ago.

On the subject of blueprints I reckon it probably is worthwhile getting our own blueprints. I'm not sure what the corp resources are like but orca blueprints are around 913m isk plus all the component blueprints. Assuming we don't have that kind of cash just lying around then we need to buy them out of orca profits.

In the short term I think we should continue to buy copies until we get the mining fleet sorted and then put orca profits into buying blueprints for the orca construction.

I'll update the numbers for reasonable blueprints and do a re-post when I get chance, this will give us an idea of how far short we are on mats to be thinking in terms of an orca per week.
      #32   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 02:57 PM

Second Orca is completed and is in the corp hangar.
      #33   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 03:42 PM

Well i placed evrything i wont be using in the Stacmons garbage bin... i hope some of the mats will be usefull :]
      #34   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 05:14 PM

Materials are always the limiting factor in capital construction, we will never be able to mine at a rate that matches our max production. This gets much much worse when you move to the bigger capitals like dreads, frieghters and rorqs.

You can suppliment what you mine with buying but that means either some poor sod has to sit in Jita 23/7 playing the 0.01isk game with buy orders or you could buy off of sell orders at which point you can kiss any profit you hoped to make goodbye. You will likely have to do this anyway with Zyd and Mega since they cannot be mined in highsec unless the wormhole can supply these.

"There is no such thing as an effective segment of totality" Bruce Lee - The only man with a Chuck Norris Killmail
      #35   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cecil Montague View Post
    Materials are always the limiting factor in capital construction, we will never be able to mine at a rate that matches our max production. This gets much much worse when you move to the bigger capitals like dreads, frieghters and rorqs.

You can suppliment what you mine with buying but that means either some poor sod has to sit in Jita 23/7 playing the 0.01isk game with buy orders or you could buy off of sell orders at which point you can kiss any profit you hoped to make goodbye. You will likely have to do this anyway with Zyd and Mega since they cannot be mined in highsec unless the wormhole can supply these.
    Only rarely at best you can refine it from mission loot though.
      #36   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Patryn View Post
    Second Orca is completed and is in the corp hangar.
    Great news, Soth. Thanks a lot, for finishing the job.

Can someone provide a suitable wh fit for the Orca so we can get it ready for wh mining ops, pls?

Cheers,
    (Eve Online)
    ... working on an Eve explorer career right now
      #37   Report Post  
    Old 11-20-2012, 12:18 PM

So if we said we have enough to create an orca every 2-3 weeks say with researched blueprints we would probably only need 1-2 manufacturing slots to do that.

There seems to be a lot of people wanting to help out with manufacturing things so would it be worthwhile the corp putting together some sort of shopping list of items they would be willing to buy/trade from corp members?

That way everyone who wanted to chip in and help in this way could. We could still create the orca's in the background with the mats from the mining op's to generate the funds to do this.

Items could be bought from corp members at jita less 5% or something to account for them not having to haul it and mess around trying to sell it and everyone gets to chip in.

You could have on the list a combination of smaller stuff like T1 fits for new starters through T2 fits and onto capitals for the people more skilled in production.

This way people would use they're own mats/blueprints (although we could also look at putting together some sort of blueprint library) and feel like they are contributing to the cause.

If we get to a point where people are making more things than we need then we can always sell the excess off and realise the 5% difference to Jita.

I realise Jita prices move around quite a bit so we would probably have to put a time limit and a price for everything on the shopping list and then update every month or so.

Thoughts?

Karadis
      #38   Report Post  
    Old 11-20-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jonsey_ponsey View Post
    So if we said we have enough to create an orca every 2-3 weeks say with researched blueprints we would probably only need 1-2 manufacturing slots to do that.

There seems to be a lot of people wanting to help out with manufacturing things so would it be worthwhile the corp putting together some sort of shopping list of items they would be willing to buy/trade from corp members?

That way everyone who wanted to chip in and help in this way could. We could still create the orca's in the background with the mats from the mining op's to generate the funds to do this.

Items could be bought from corp members at jita less 5% or something to account for them not having to haul it and mess around trying to sell it and everyone gets to chip in.

You could have on the list a combination of smaller stuff like T1 fits for new starters through T2 fits and onto capitals for the people more skilled in production.

This way people would use they're own mats/blueprints (although we could also look at putting together some sort of blueprint library) and feel like they are contributing to the cause.

If we get to a point where people are making more things than we need then we can always sell the excess off and realise the 5% difference to Jita.

I realise Jita prices move around quite a bit so we would probably have to put a time limit and a price for everything on the shopping list and then update every month or so.

Thoughts?

Karadis
    Thats rly cute but i already gave my stuff for free So go figure
      #39   Report Post  
    Old 11-21-2012, 07:52 AM

To be clear I'm not suggesting that we buy every thing that anyone might ever want to sell. It's just that if we are going to use orca profits to buy the things we need it makes sense to me that we buy them from corp members rather than some random in jita.

It saves everyone trucking over to Jita to but and/or sell as well as saving people the nightmare of the 0.01 game.

But we if we're saying we need the hulls for a mining fleet then people may be able to make the t1/t2 hulls and components.

If we could put something together showing ideal fits then a PCGE shopping list should be reasonably easy to compile, anything then people can't make we can then buy if need be. If we also put the skills needed to get to the t2 fits it gives people low on skills something to aim for if they want to up their participation in any of the ops.

Karadis
      #40   Report Post  
    Old 11-21-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jonsey_ponsey View Post
    To be clear I'm not suggesting that we buy every thing that anyone might ever want to sell. It's just that if we are going to use orca profits to buy the things we need it makes sense to me that we buy them from corp members rather than some random in jita.

It saves everyone trucking over to Jita to but and/or sell as well as saving people the nightmare of the 0.01 game.

But we if we're saying we need the hulls for a mining fleet then people may be able to make the t1/t2 hulls and components.

If we could put something together showing ideal fits then a PCGE shopping list should be reasonably easy to compile, anything then people can't make we can then buy if need be. If we also put the skills needed to get to the t2 fits it gives people low on skills something to aim for if they want to up their participation in any of the ops.

Karadis
    I was just joking i get the idea and it is nice the thing is i dont think we could go without having to purchase some stuff fromm the outside...

...still it would be nice to organise a buyout of resources from corp members ;] its better than to give the cash to some other corp ;]