Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#101   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 12:09 PM

[url]http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/18/wot-i-think-hitman-absolution/#more-132250[/url]

Quote:
    “Because he is no longer actively working as a hitman, he doesn’t actually do ‘hits’ anymore and so requires motivation other than a paycheck, and that requires narrative, which requires dialogue, which is dreadful.”
    RPS seems to agree with PCG. It's a shit Hitman game, go an play Blood Money.

Last edited by jon_hill987; 11-18-2012 at 12:37 PM.
      #102   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 12:19 PM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

Running theme of reviews seems to be terrible level design. Since the levels are the most important part, I think I'll pass.
      #103   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 02:22 PM
    Banned

By the by just to update the thread, Tom has now updated the review now it's [url=http://www.pcgamer.com/review/hitman-absolution-review/]gone live online[/url] by addressing the technical issues. As a few people brought that aspect of the review up in this thread I'm reposting them here:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tom Francis
    At the time I reviewed it for the print edition of PC Gamer, the PC version of Hitman: Absolution suffered from serious performance problems. These have since been fixed, and Iíve had the chance to verify that on our own machines. Since itís still not out, there doesnít seem much point in dinging it for a problem you wonít have. So in this online version, Iíve amended the bit that was no longer accurate.

To give you an idea, on a 2.8 GHz quad core with a Radeon HD 4800, it now runs at about 30-40 FPS on medium settings. It used to be 15 even on minimum.

The previously awful performance contributed to it feeling like a shonky PC port to me, and I took it into account in the score. Now that it runs decently, the game feels approximately 4% less shonky, and Iíve adjusted the score accordingly. This is about as scientific as the initial scoring process.
      #104   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 02:31 PM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

Before the retards crawl out of their hole and ask what he was expecting to get from a 4800, they use multiple rigs to test the game across a range of hardware. It's not the main test machine.
      #105   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 03:35 PM

Until i get this game i cannot comment on it. But what would dispel this argument is a decent demo (or a demo at all).

I personally won't be getting absolution from release to see how the dust clears and see how the other reviews pan out from everyone. Who knows, if the game is cheap enough i might pick it up and make up my own mind.

but personally, i don't give a shit if people give a game a crap score or say the game is flawed as long as i had fun with it and i got my money's worth from it (whether it was the heavily discounted price or the full price. The full price games obviously will have to work harder obviously).

But that said (going off topic here) not sure if the new syndicate is worth 5 quid (just over 2 quid for the game and another 2 for P&P) but i went for it anyway as i need FPS games to play.
      #106   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 03:48 PM
    Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnway View Post
    Until i get this game i cannot comment on it. But what would dispel this argument is a decent demo (or a demo at all).
    If the demo is the one they did at the Eurogamer Expo it'll be of the King of Chinatown which RPS mentioned as one of the best levels in the game. Not sure if that'd then be a good idea (show off the game in best light) or bad (you've already played the best level the game had).
      #107   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 07:04 PM

I'll be honest here. I'm neither a Hitman Blood Money fanboy nor a Hitman fanboy, if it wasn't Absolution I wouldn't be typing this post now because it the Absolution that made me wanted to buy this game. I don't give a shit about how much score the game got or how it was not the same as Blood Money.

Some of the people always says CoD was the same since it first release and will never change and a game with bold new direction is a good game. So tell me if Absolution was indeed what you expect, your Blood Money 2, will you hate it for being too similar to Blood Money or you will praise it like a crazed fanboy.

I admit I have CoD WaW and BO2 and I've got to admit it was Treyarch that change the game's direction from recklessly killing people to save the world from a old hacker (lolz?!) Finally until this game release, finished the story campaign and make a review myself, I don''t give a fucking shit what Tom Francis thought about Absolution, NEVER!!
      #108   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 07:57 PM

Erm, that last post wins most confusing and pointless post of the year.

Congratulations, you've won a speedboat that you can only use in Milton Keynes.

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com
      #109   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 08:10 PM

You know, I have to say: of all the games/reviews I thought might generate a thread like this, Hitman was not one of them.

Still, at least it was nice to see some new posters, even if their (no doubt temporary) stay here was hilariously... hilarious.
      #110   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 08:25 PM

Heh. Made me giggle I nothing else :-)

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com