Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#21   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by flickenmaste View Post
    Enemies have little to no attack patterns so you can not learn on how to fight enemies.
    The entire idea behind Souls combat is to learn the attack pattern, every enemy has a fixed number of attacks and you have to learn the telegraphs to avoid them. But every enemy has a DIFFERENT move/attack set, and they don't always use them in the same order, so you have to learn each enemy and each attack individually.

Quote:
    You just have to hope and pray that they do not do their one hit attack(which almost all enemies have)
    This is complete nonsense. I can think of only two minibosses that can one hit you in the entire game, no regular enemy can, and absolutely no boss can, they have been proven to be hardcoded to a max damage per hit based on percentage of your HP (by EpicNameBro on YouTube and I'm sure others). People play through the game at starter level with a club and no armor and never get one hit killed...

Quote:
    and you have a small window to spam left click until they die because the combat has no depth. This means you cannot learn from mistakes because there is nothing to learn.
    Again I disagree completely. I can't speak for the mouse controls but with a pad you can block, parry, light and heavy attack as well as a backstab and a riposte. Once you learn each enemy's move set you can easily outmaneuver almost all of them and use whichever attack you please. It's incredibly deep and requires timing and studying. On top of that each weapon type behaves completely different. I can make it through an area with one weapon and not take a single hit, whereas with another weapon I die half way through.

Quote:
    Having to grind is an absolute chore. And yes you need to grind in this game. If you manage to power through an area and reach a boss without having high enough stats, then the game literally becomes impossible.
    Never had to grind once in the game, I grind when I want a specific item from a specific enemy, never for resources or levels. Just by playing the game normally you end up being appropriate level for each area.

Also no boss or enemy is ever impossible, as you put it. People do challenge playthroughs where they run through the game naked at starting level... If bosses were impossible and every enemy had a one hit kill, that WOULD be impossible, now it just takes dedication in order to learn every enemy's move set. Search for "Dark Souls Challenge" on YouTube...

I'm the biggest PC fan here, I hate consoles passionately, I have none of the current gen consoles, and I hate bad console ports the most. But even I have to react when someone spews so much bullshit and misinformation about what is truly a remarkable game, despite the console born flaws.

Last edited by BadManiac; 11-16-2012 at 11:50 AM.
      #22   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BadManiac View Post
    Td requires timing and studying. On top of that each weapon type behaves completely different.
    not to mention that they behave differently and even have different attacks depending on if you're holding a weapon with 1 or 2 hands.

Looking 4 Indie bundles? http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker
      #23   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by doctor_roxo View Post
    not to mention that they behave differently and even have different attacks depending on if you're holding a weapon with 1 or 2 hands.
    And the timing changes depending on your stats and how much weight you have on.
      #24   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
    yep. probably why i roll with a super light dex build so i can be ninja-fast. keep rolling rolling rolling

Looking 4 Indie bundles? http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker
      #25   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by doctor_roxo View Post
    yep. probably why i roll with a super light dex build so i can be ninja-fast. keep rolling rolling rolling
    keep them [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCRae5mRoRE"]doggies rollin'[/URL]
    "...people who personify and love corporations to the point where they can actually feel betrayed by them - well, roll over and take it. You're in for a lifetime of abusive imaginary relationships."

(Blyth Jon, September 2011, PCGamer UK, p90)

Steam id: feersum
      #26   Report Post  
    Old 11-17-2012, 03:24 AM

Quote:
    YA BUT TEH GAYM HAS A SOOPER SIMPEL COMBAT SISTEM!

I've come to the conclusion that almost all complaints about this game regarding mechanics usually come down to one thing. The game being too hard for the person trying to play it.

If it's too hard for you their's not shame in admitting it, you're not alone if you do, but blaming your dislike of the game because it's challenging, on game mechanics is pretty lame.

Badcompany 2- xJakex068

Specs:
    Windows 7 64bit
    Antech truepower 650 watt psu
    8 gb ram
    HIS Hd radeon 5770 OC'ed to 950 gpu clock/1350 memory clock
    Intel core i5 3570k
    gigabyte z77-d3h
    500 gb western digital hd
      #27   Report Post  
    Old 11-17-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by xJakex068 View Post
    YA BUT TEH GAYM HAS A SOOPER SIMPEL COMBAT SISTEM!

I've come to the conclusion that almost all complaints about this game regarding mechanics usually come down to one thing. The game being too hard for the person trying to play it.

If it's too hard for you their's not shame in admitting it, you're not alone if you do, but blaming your dislike of the game because it's challenging, on game mechanics is pretty lame.
    Found the enviroment and theming uninteresting. I got past the first few bosses to see if it "got better" and it didn't interest me any more. The difficulty was ok, it just meant I couldn't be arsed going any further due to the first things I mentioned.

GUESS I SHOULD JUST STICK TO HELLO KITTY THOUGH HUH
      #28   Report Post  
    Old 11-17-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
    GUESS I SHOULD JUST STICK TO HELLO KITTY THOUGH HUH
    Yeah, probably

I said mechanics, not environment or theme. Your complaint is valid. Saying game mechanics suck just means your not a fan of getting your ass rocked over and over again.

Badcompany 2- xJakex068

Specs:
    Windows 7 64bit
    8 gb ram
    Intel core i5 3570k
    gigabyte z77-d3h
      #29   Report Post  
    Old 11-17-2012, 01:15 PM

I had fun playing this game, I gave up by the time when it got too damn hard, but I play occasionally when I feel like it. It's a game that requires patience and I salute anyone who finishes this game. I remember when I first met the damn skeletons. Fuck those things. I didn't know I had to go to the aqueduct because that leads to the easier monsters.
      #30   Report Post  
    Old 11-17-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by consigliere94 View Post
    I had fun playing this game, I gave up by the time when it got too damn hard, but I play occasionally when I feel like it. It's a game that requires patience and I salute anyone who finishes this game. I remember when I first met the damn skeletons. Fuck those things. I didn't know I had to go to the aqueduct because that leads to the easier monsters.
    Lol me too. I spent a good hour or two trying to get past those damn skeletons.

Badcompany 2- xJakex068

Specs:
    Windows 7 64bit
    8 gb ram
    Intel core i5 3570k
    gigabyte z77-d3h