Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#11   Report Post  
    Old 10-28-2012, 11:35 PM

at first i thought it said Parodox was making an mmo. wouldn't that be nice.

Looking 4 Indie bundles? http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 10-29-2012, 12:50 AM

Personally I'd recommend waiting until you've got something resembling an actual game before you try building up a community; it's one thing to plan a game but another to make it. For starters you'll get an idea of what suggestions are possible and what aren't with what budget and skills you have, and most people won't bother supporting something that doesn't have screen shots or even concept art.

There's also a hell of a lot of classes and races in there which might be overwhelming and to the game's detriment to start with; more you have, the harder it is to make each distinctive. You can always add more later.

Anyway, best of luck. I'd imagine MMOs are quite an undertaking.

P.S - A race of highly intelligent blue females called Anarii? I hear the lawyers at Bioware stirring in their coffins.

P.P.S - The map on your home page blocks the 'About the Developers' paragraph which sends a rather worrying -if somewhat hilarious- message.

Last edited by agr1ppa; 10-29-2012 at 12:55 AM.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 10-29-2012, 03:27 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by agr1ppa View Post

P.S - A race of highly intelligent blue females called Anarii? I hear the lawyers at Bioware stirring in their coffins.
    Fortunately for the Anarii not all of them are female and I hear they live on an entirely different, all be it substantially more primitive world, than Bioware's blue females...unfortunately for the Anarii males.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by agr1ppa View Post

P.P.S - The map on your home page blocks the 'About the Developers' paragraph which sends a rather worrying -if somewhat hilarious- message.
    What browser are you using? I verified that it is not blocked in IE9, Chrome, Firefox and Safari. The last sentence should be a link to our forums.

Thanks,
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 10-29-2012, 11:47 PM

I kind of think the art is interesting. It's not the greatest but I think it gives it some old rpg like character. It reminds me of some older video games I played in the past, but yeah having an actual game will help with building a community.

Badcompany 2- xJakex068

Specs:
    Windows 7 64bit
    Antech truepower 650 watt psu
    8 gb ram
    HIS Hd radeon 5770 OC'ed to 950 gpu clock/1350 memory clock
    Intel core i5 3570k
    gigabyte z77-d3h
    500 gb western digital hd
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 10-30-2012, 01:13 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by xJakex068 View Post
    ...but yeah having an actual game will help with building a community.
    We as well want to have an actual game. Paradox has been designed and is on hold for being developed (software, game graphics, etc.).

In order to make this game correctly, it will take an enormous investement. To see if it is worth this investment, we are first gathering a following. If we do not generate a following we will be forced to scrap the project.

We know that this is a bit different from what people are used to where games are first published and then a community is generated, but we believe that this has attributed to the rise of many mediocre MMOs.

We also understand that this requires a bit of conviction from the gamer's end and with the hype of many MMOs made available there is quite a bit of skepticism and disappointment. So why should you, the gamer, trust us in the mess of all of this?

The answer is simple; either Paradox will exist as a game which is exceptional or it will not exist at all. We are not willing to publish Paradox if it is a game the players will not enjoy.

So at the moment our concept artwork "may not be the greatest", our website "may not compare to the generated content of megalithic gaming companies", but we have something else...a game we can promise you is well worth playing because it is stamped with your fingerprints.

We don't want to see Paradox fall into the shadow of gaming empires. So, we ask that you help us promote Paradox and we will keep representing you.

Thank you,
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 11-03-2012, 05:09 PM

We are proud to announce the debut of our new and improved website for your viewing pleasure!
    [URL="http://www.paradoxnoe.com/"]http://www.paradoxnoe.com[/URL]
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 11-03-2012, 05:33 PM

I think maybe you should focus on content before you advertise

Tags

mmo, mmorpg