Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Minecraft > UK Server

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
      #1   Report Post  
    Old 10-09-2012, 06:59 AM

Talking Obstacle Course Tournament (with prizes!)

Hey guys!

I've recently finished building all 32 levels from the original Super Mario Bros., and I'm gathering players for a parkour tournament on my build!

Believe it or not, the course is totally playable in Minecraft (due mostly to the placement of ladders)!

And now I'll bet you're wondering about those prizes I mentioned in the title. I've been hitting up the Steam sales to pick up a delightful assortment of games specifically for this tournament. You read that right: the prizes are Steam games!

But here's the catch: my course is located on the US server, so you'll have to visit (gasp!) another server in order to sign up and play! D:

It should be easy enough to find once you get there. As soon as you have permission, just use /warp smb and follow the signs. You'll be there in no time!

As of this post, there are 32 players signed up, the top ten of whom will each receive their choice of game from the list (going in order of ranking). At 34 players, 11th place will also get a prize (another place is given a prize for every three players beyond this, as well)!

The tournament begins on Dec. 1, and the scheduling of matches is set up to be as easy and flexible as possible (however your opponent is randomly determined).

Participants should have a Skype account and be okay with being recorded while playing, as the tournament will be posted on YouTube in January.

If you're interested, I'll see you over on the US side! =D

Tags

mario, obstacle course, parkour, prizes, us server