Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Minecraft > US Server

#21   Report Post  
    Old 09-10-2012, 08:29 AM

For me (as a builder), the biggest problem with Towny wasn't the towns or the features. It was the people using it. Anytime someone showed up who wasn't part of a town, there would be roughly thirty lines of "Join my town!" "No, mine!" "No, that town is teh suxxorz!" and so forth, even after the new player declined repeatedly.

It was the worst kind of spam I'd ever seen (I call it "townspam"), even more loathsome than gibberish. Now, I realize I'm just a builder, but I personally can't support any replacement for Towny that enables and encourages the same kind of behavior.
      #22   Report Post  
    Old 09-10-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Twentydragon View Post
    For me (as a builder), the biggest problem with Towny wasn't the towns or the features. It was the people using it. Anytime someone showed up who wasn't part of a town, there would be roughly thirty lines of "Join my town!" "No, mine!" "No, that town is teh suxxorz!" and so forth, even after the new player declined repeatedly.

It was the worst kind of spam I'd ever seen (I call it "townspam"), even more loathsome than gibberish. Now, I realize I'm just a builder, but I personally can't support any replacement for Towny that enables and encourages the same kind of behavior.
    X2!
    I saw persistant pleas scare off a couple of new players.
      #23   Report Post  
    Old 09-11-2012, 03:54 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Twentydragon View Post

How else were we supposed to expand with little or no town promotion?
      #24   Report Post  
    Old 09-12-2012, 04:28 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by braiceline View Post
    How else were we supposed to expand with little or no town promotion?
    There's a big difference between inviting new players to join your town and spamming the chat with it. Most players interested in their towns took the latter route.