I have decided to restart the mount runs I used to run some time ago.
The plan is to go to [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/zone=3845"]Tempest Keep[/URL]
for a chance at [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/item=32458"]Ashes of Al'ar[/URL]
. Any level 70+ welcome for this.
For the remainder you will need to be level 80 or higher.
We will then head to [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/zone=4493"]The Obsidian Sanctum[/URL]
for either 25 man [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/item=43954"]Twilight Drake[/URL]
or 10 man [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/item=43986"]Black Drake[/URL]
depending on numbers and what people want.
If we control Wintergrasp we will head into [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/zone=4603"]Vault of Archavon[/URL]
and try for [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/item=44083"]Grand Black War Mammoth[/URL]
, which drops off all 4 bosses in here. So 4 chances for a drop.
Next will be [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/zone=4500"]The Eye of Eternity[/URL]
and time to kill [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/npc=28859"]Malygos[/URL]
and grab [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/item=43952"]Azure Drake[/URL]
or [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/item=43953"]Blue Drake[/URL]
. Seems both of these can drop from 10 and 25 man.
Just a refresher for those who have either not been here in a while or never : This is a 3 phase fight.
P1 is a tank and spank against Malygos - normal dragon tactics (stay away from head and tail unless you are the tank).
P2 is where we need to kill mobs on discs. You either hop on the discs or range kill them from the ground whilst remaining within the bubbles.
P3 is the fun drake flying phase. Just all stack and move left when he casts [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/spell=57430"]Static Field[/URL]
. The rotation for the abilities is a steady 1-1-2-3. No need to rush the rotation.
Finally we will head over to [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/zone=15"]Dustwallow Marsh[/URL]
and go and see old [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/zone=2159"]Onyxia[/URL]
. She may drop [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/item=49636"]Onyxian Drake[/URL]
Hopefully we will get some mounts for people.
There are a few rules that I must insist on :
1. If you already have any of the mounts on any of your characters then you MUST NOT
roll. When Mists is released shortly, all your mounts (bar a few class specific ones) will become account wide. Therefore if you already have a mount on one character, you do not need it on any others. These runs are to allow us all to get a chance to get these mounts on our account. I will ask that anyone signing up for these runs already knows which mounts they have and which they need.
2. You are free to come for only the raids you wish to. I would ask that you help the rest of the raid if we need the numbers as these raids will not take long. An hour should be enough time to do them all.
3. All loot will be on a Need/Greed basis. If you want any loot for transmog then please feel free to Need on it. This also goes for the OS/Onyxia bags and gems. The mounts will similarly be Need with everyone heeding rule 1 above.
4. If there are achievements that anyone wants, then feel free to go for them or ask before-hand. We will see how things go.
5. Cross your fingers. These mounts have a low drop rate, apart from the OS mounts which are a guaranteed drop.
I plan to run these runs every Monday and Wednesday for the next few weeks and hope to get as many people the mounts as possible. You are free to sign up for both runs and bring alts/mains as you want to each run - BUT remember rule 1 above. Yes, I am repeating this as I do not want to hear of someone winning a mount they already have as that will upset the rest of the raid/guild.
Good luck to us all and let's hope we get some mounts