Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Planetside 2 > Planetside 2 UK

#21   Report Post  
    Old 06-27-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    I was leaning towards VS for the stealth and such, but this is one of those games where you either find good people to play with or your screwed.
    All the factions have stealth. All the factions have the same classes. The things that are different are basic things like rate of fire, maneuverability, damage etc. Even these aspects of the empires will probably be unimportant because anyone can spec themselves however they want with certifications.

Back on point though. I really want to join the PCG outfit but I intend to remain loyal to the NC after many years of service with them in PS1, so looks like I'll be forced to kill you all . Unless PCG plans to have outfits for all 3 factions (good idea).
      #22   Report Post  
    Old 06-27-2012, 04:09 PM

Good to know about the stealth thought they were just giving it to vs after they demoed it as a vs infiltrator.
      #23   Report Post  
    Old 06-27-2012, 04:16 PM
    Insane Moderator

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr.Nicklebe View Post
    All the factions have stealth. All the factions have the same classes. The things that are different are basic things like rate of fire, maneuverability, damage etc. Even these aspects of the empires will probably be unimportant because anyone can spec themselves however they want with certifications.

Back on point though. I really want to join the PCG outfit but I intend to remain loyal to the NC after many years of service with them in PS1, so looks like I'll be forced to kill you all . Unless PCG plans to have outfits for all 3 factions (good idea).
    The problem with spiliting up the outfits, is the work involved. Better to focus on one and then if you want to run with your other friends made from PS1, then make your main with them and visit the PCG TR guild.

It's your choice, but considering you can learn whilst offline and as long as character's are not on same server, you should be ok for gaining some skill points?
      #24   Report Post  
    Old 06-27-2012, 04:28 PM

Count me in.

#25   Report Post  
    Old 06-27-2012, 04:36 PM

Well... if there are lots of solid pilots already, I don't mind either hefting around the worlds biggest gun to brrrrrrap or pew pew peeps. Or I'll play a red hand... red from all the gore when I delve into peoples... open... gaping... *retch* wounds. (medic)
      #26   Report Post  
    Old 06-27-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olgit View Post
    The problem with spiliting up the outfits, is the work involved. Better to focus on one and then if you want to run with your other friends made from PS1, then make your main with them and visit the PCG TR guild.

It's your choice, but considering you can learn whilst offline and as long as character's are not on same server, you should be ok for gaining some skill points?
    Call me weird, but I just wouldn't play as anything other than the NC.

I don't know if you played the first Planetside but if you did you probably know how loyal people got regarding their factions. It's silly I know but that's just the way it was, and I think for a lot of veterans it will carry over into PS2.
      #27   Report Post  
    Old 06-27-2012, 05:59 PM

you find with PCG guilds the majority of people will go where the staff are, look at ToR, I managed to get a decent following for the republic guild but it never got anywhere near the level of the imperial guild that was ran by the staff.

how ever if you think you can get it off the ground I'm sure the staff most likely wouldn't mind you making a secondary guild for a different faction, but as I've said due to how the guilds work here if it isn't ran by staff it most likely won't do anywhere near as well.
      #28   Report Post  
    Old 06-27-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris Thursten View Post
    what will your role be in the battle for Auraxis?
    support...... i'll be checking the terran scum respawn chambers work constantly and consistantly
      #29   Report Post  
    Old 06-27-2012, 07:35 PM

Count me in too guys! I'm good with sniping, stealth or assault so I can back you guys up from a distance or strike quickly and flank the Vanu and Conglomerate :P

Last edited by Moaz13; 06-27-2012 at 07:41 PM.
      #30   Report Post  
    Old 06-27-2012, 08:07 PM
    Insane Moderator

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr.Nicklebe View Post
    Call me weird, but I just wouldn't play as anything other than the NC.

I don't know if you played the first Planetside but if you did you probably know how loyal people got regarding their factions. It's silly I know but that's just the way it was, and I think for a lot of veterans it will carry over into PS2.
    I am a six year vet of VS.

I will play VS on release, but will most likely be on an American east coast server. So during my day time, I will be on european, with TR.