Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > 25 Man Raid Team

#11   Report Post  
    Old 06-15-2010, 03:08 PM

No there isn't Bimble, I looked into this a while back. Combined with the symbols not showing instantly and needing to watch for defile positioning can be rather annoying, but claiming that having to target a mob is difficult is going a bit far. Maybe you could clean up your UI to better show your target's mark, other than that swapping between the targets early on isn't game-breaking as they are all snared in the frost trap.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 06-16-2010, 10:04 AM

speaking to my collegue in the office - he said if you are waiting for defile to pop on someone then move, then chances are you are going to fail because you just can't get 24 people to react and move as a group at once

The system they use is they tank arthas near tirion - a couple of seconds before - the raid splits left and right then whomever gets defile runs north towards the frozen throne and everyone is scattered a bit so you are less likely to get 24 people standing in it
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 06-16-2010, 11:10 AM

Well, we tried scattering for Defile for the first 4 hours we were on Arthas, so I thought we'd try a different approach for the last 2. The problem with spreading anything like 2 or 3 seconds before Defile is that the Valkyrs will fly off in different directions. As you say, some combination of the two may be the answer.

I did think that splitting the DPS into 3 groups, each on a Valkyr, worked well. Feedback is welcome.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 06-16-2010, 11:11 AM

Here is what someone who has done it on 25 man says: (Found on the US dungeons and raids forum)

"If you have the awareness, speed of reactions and collective and individual skill of Paragon, then you can all stack, and have the defile target move out of the raid and drop it safely away"

"If on the other hand you are like most other guilds, stacking for valkyr then scattering before a defile will probably be the safer option"