Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
      #1   Report Post  
    Old 05-30-2012, 04:06 PM
    Insane Moderator

Default From Rolf...

Just had this through my email...

Quote:
    Dear Wurm players!

As you may be aware, Wurm was attacked by some nasty hacker who put his foul code on our web pages a few weeks ago.

This of course made some of our players nervous and some even believed their computers could be infected by the game client. Their anti virus software noticed that the client visited the hacked web pages and so the diligent anti-virus software gave (false) warnings. Our fine game client could however never infect any computer with anything bad.

Since then we've been very busy with making our web site safer, and now everything is hosted in new fresh environments. We even have a new fancy website design!

Now that all this website fuss is handled I will have my hands free to move on with progressive things like the Multi Storey buildings project. We are also releasing some interesting Achievement stuff tomorrow (designed by Wollschaf and Saroman) which keeps track of what you're doing in the game and dings pleasantly now and then.

All this means that it's time for Celebration, so we're opening a new Freedom server with that name tomorrow! Isn't that great?

The new server will be located on the south border of Exodus. The opening is scheduled at 15.00 hrs CET on the 31st of May and hopefully everything goes as smooth as I expect. Wish me luck!

Rolf