Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 05-09-2012, 07:50 AM

Default Raid Report 09/05/12

Attendees:
    Tanks: Slim and Tenderiser
    Healer: Doom, Archaz and Kafwen
    Melee: Asokuri
    Ranged: Belimawr, Zalid, Zubi and Aphaeas

We headed off for our usual Firelands run. We attempted to get the achievement on Alysrazor but managed to get smacked by the tornados. We will try this again next week as we need to not get hit by the tornados for heroic. Then we did Baleroc normal before managing to kill Beth on heroic. Then we finished off with Domo HC and Raggy normal.

A good raid once we got going. I think we will continue to work on Firelands Heroics as they are good fun and a break from Dragon Soul.

Thursday will be the mains run.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 05-09-2012, 08:08 PM

Must admit that I enjoyed Beth heroic. Plenty for everyone to do and a good pace.

We are getting very close with Alysrazor. Yes, I know that I keep getting hit by tornadoes, the down side of getting 3 feathers and being so fast, and just failing. Though I am not the only one
    I think the achieve is really close now with both myself and Zubi flying. We are almost killing her before she lands now. She was at 3% on the last attempt.
    I know that we need to avoid the tornadoes on heroic and all, but once the barrel roll achieve is out of the way things should get easier.
    Some may ask why we are bothering with the barrel roll achieve on normal as we need to avoid the tornadoes on heroic. You know someone will get hit on heroic as we will have more than 1 tornado phase. So I agree with the plan on getting that achieve on normal and then working on heroic, or vice a versa. I can't see us getting both in one go

Anyway. It's a nice change of pace to go back to firelands - and I prefer the fights in there if I am honest (apart from there still being too much trash before Shannox). DS fights are ok, but they are a disappointing end to an expansion.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 05-09-2012, 08:14 PM

Yeah we should just throw as many people into the air as possible. Just me and Zalid got her down to 30% on try one then when Aph came along to we boomed it down to 3%, so throwing up as many as possible will remove the requirement of even hitting a tornado phase.

Agreed zalid, DS was a pretty low lvl raid in terms of everything but.......it was all rushed for Pandas

TBC - ftw
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 05-09-2012, 08:34 PM

for me throwing everyone up doesn't really work, when I've tried flying I actually pull way more DPS on the ground, the stacking buff doesn't seem to do a lot for me and side stepping the odd bush fire allows me to tunnel a lot more while on the ground, if I just ignored them I could probably get a bit more but then the healers would complain.

really we need doom chicken and up with you and zal.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 05-10-2012, 03:57 PM

Didn't realise that Aph came up on that attempt. I never noticed her, which is a good thing really. In the past I have been way too distracted by others flying up there with me
    Don't think we need to over worry it as we are very close now.