Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Minecraft > UK Server

#1   Report Post  
    Old 05-04-2012, 10:31 AM

Default Ban Appeal

Just a moment ago, I was walking this morning; across a flat surface, filling in an area with dirt, when I was banned for: "Refusing to remove a movement mod." I don't know if this is a temporary ban or permanent, but nonetheless I am appealing this ban because, quite simply, I never have used a movement mod on the PC Gamer UK Server and there are no movement mods even installed on my system. I think there is a grave misunderstanding, and I hope I can get this worked out.

Thanks

Last edited by Kittymonk4; 05-04-2012 at 10:35 AM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 05-04-2012, 10:42 AM

Here we go again ^^ Cara, you aweful aweful liar!
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 05-04-2012, 10:42 AM

Two admins watched you float up a wall today. Just like yesterday when you were jailed and warned. It's a perm ban because you were warned yesterday.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 05-04-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
    Here we go again ^^ Cara, you aweful aweful liar!
    I would appreciate it if you kept the joking-around to a minimum. This is an important issue I would like to work out with the moderators.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by caramelbee View Post
    Two admins watched you float up a wall today. Just like yesterday when you were jailed and warned. It's a perm ban because you were warned yesterday.
    Scaling a wall was I? Last I checked I was walking over a flat dirt area, preparing to plant some wheat. Is there any chance you or the other moderators involved caught some screenies of such suspect behavior and my "movement mod" in action?

I don't want to come off as rude, or overly defensive, but this ban is rather sudden and suprising. Yesterday when I was jailed for using a "movement" mod to hop a fence, I assumed it was just a fluke; some odd glitch that caused my movements to look unnatural. To be honest, I am clueless. I really want to come to terms with the moderators, no back and forth accusations of lies and "movement mods". I want this to be dealt with appropriately and respectfully.

For all I know it could be due to some sort of connection delay; after all I am on a different continent than most of y'all; but that's nothing more than guesswork, because I really am baffled at why these charges are being thrown against me with such certainty. As I recall, after my jailing, you said caramelbee, that next time you "caught" me, I would only receive a two-week temporary ban. It is my humble opinion that such a ban would be a much more fair and honest punishment (despite my maintained innocence). Once again thanks.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 05-04-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kittymonk4 View Post
    I would appreciate it if you kept the joking-around to a minimum. This is an important issue I would like to work out with the moderators.

nah.

Scaling a wall was I? Last I checked I was walking over a flat dirt area, preparing to plant some wheat. Is there any chance you or the other moderators involved caught some screenies of such suspect behavior and my "movement mod" in action?

Surely the fact that two admins seen the same thing is suspect enough.

I don't want to come off as rude, or overly defensive.

:/

am baffled at why these charges are being thrown against me with such certainty. As I recall, after my jailing, you said caramelbee, that next time you "caught" me, I would only receive a two-week temporary ban. It is my humble opinion that such a ban would be a much more fair and honest punishment (despite my maintained innocence). Once again thanks.

Take it on the chin and move on, you done it to the US server easily enough ..granted, after a 50 odd page forum discussion.

Good luck with your appeal, however
    x

Last edited by scottyboy; 05-04-2012 at 07:56 PM.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 05-04-2012, 08:32 PM

I've discussed it with all available admins and the ban stays. Just so you know, you may have been walking on flat ground when you were banned but two admins had been observing you and had watched you clearly using a movement mod when getting to and moving around in your base. We then discussed what we should do about your blatant disreguarding of rules and the warnings you have been given and decided that a perm ban would be appropriate. Play by the rules on your next multiplay server
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 05-04-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by caramelbee View Post
    I've discussed it with all available admins and the ban stays. Just so you know, you may have been walking on flat ground when you were banned but two admins had been observing you and had watched you clearly using a movement mod when getting to and moving around in your base. We then discussed what we should do about your blatant disreguarding of rules and the warnings you have been given and decided that a perm ban would be appropriate. Play by the rules on your next multiplay server
    Ah yes I recall now, I scaled the quarry wall; didn't know ladders were considered movement mods nowadays. Well anyway I'm so sorry to have blatantly disregarded the rules and warnings, I'll make sure not to move on the next server I'm on. Cheers!
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 05-04-2012, 08:55 PM

In my short time as admin I've expeirenced a quite a number with movement mods, these "ladders" of yours didn't exist, I was witness to you seemingly float up blocks without jumping, you just walked into the side of the block and floated up it.

I have seen this sort of functionality in a multitude of movment mods and before you blame lag or ping times or location it was a jerky movment you slid up the blocks as if you were using a ladder but alas no ladders were in place.

In my opinion, this is not the opinion of the other admins, including the one that banned you, the reason you got a temp ban is becase you have broken rules/values of common sense most notably by letting someone "dperra" i believe onto your account.
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/snowy1256
    Steam Name: snowy