Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Magazine and site talk

#31   Report Post  
    Old 02-25-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    why did you reply about the patch thing it is the most pointless thing to try to make him understand, since he doesn't understand the developer makes the patch then steam just distributes what they are given the same as any other digital service, so steam has literally nothing to do with patching anyway. (more proven by the number of games that now come with launchers on steam and update through the launcher instead of steam)
    i vaguely remember 1 game(only 1 mind you ) that steam borked due to the patch not going to the right place on the HD, can't remember the actual game though, got fixed pretty quickly anyway.

maybe its because steam was 'extributing' rather than 'distributing' that was the problem?!

Last edited by RLR149; 02-25-2012 at 12:19 PM.
      #32   Report Post  
    Old 02-25-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Congo View Post

I just bought Deus Ex HR for a tenner....Fuck you steam you suck!
    £2.50 per boss battle, not bad.
    might get the missing link and tong mission dlc myself while its £4-5.
      #33   Report Post  
    Old 04-12-2012, 03:26 AM

I have never have a disconnect from Steam. Occasionally I get a cannot connect message but I try again and get right in. Steam is the greatest thing since sliced bread!! I love it!
      #34   Report Post  
    Old 04-12-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PioneerRaptor View Post
    I would like to know these special "instructions" as well. I love Steam, but the only problem I've ever had is the Offline Mode. Disconnected your network adapter never worked for me. I'd do that and it'd ask if I wanted to go into Offline Mode, and I clicked yes and it'd tell me that it cannot connect and to check my internet connection... duh it's not working, I disabled it.

Now the one time it did work very well for me, is when I put it in Offline mode while I was still Online and then disconnected and took my laptop to work with me.
    I just switched off my internet, then started Steam. The last time I started steam, it was in online mode. Here's what happened:

offline.jpg

I clicked 'Start in Offline Mode' and bam, there it was. No problem at all. I haven't set anything special up in settings, though some months ago I did have the problem you describe. No any more though - maybe you just need to let the steam client update?

Last edited by SuperNashwan; 04-12-2012 at 09:12 PM.
      #35   Report Post  
    Old 04-14-2012, 05:30 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Manuel Calavera
    Exclamation

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sollitdude View Post
    ive got a new topic for pc gamer magazine.
    steam, how reliable is it these days? how many people have suffered from not beeing able to play games online becouse of the steam server failing to connect.
    how realible is other download software? more than steam, i can tell you that. im trying to play modern warfare 3, but every 2 hours my steam seem to be disconnect happy. where the games i purchased via gamestop or ea origin never seem to disconnect becouse they lost connection to the main server. it might be a big download program, but does that mean we, the downloaders, should suffer under it? they got multiple servers across the globe, how is it possible that the server you are playing on always goes down?
    Get yo EA astro-turfing arse of PC Gamer. This is a clean place.

Tags

hate it, steam, stupid, unrealiable