Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#1   Report Post  
    Old 08-12-2010, 06:35 PM

Lightbulb Time for a new sim Earth?

Now before you say spore? hear me out.

Sim Earth, some may remember this game and for some it may be before there time but i used to play sim earth and still do now and again when i get that itch but i've recently been thinking, what modern equivalent is there for this sim.

I have scoured the net for a modern equivalent and i cant seem to find anything sufficient there is a collection of games listed under sim earth wiki - [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SimEarth[/url]
    some or good games and some are rubbish but the type of game has never really been fully explored like sim earth sure spore revived a little pieace of sim earth and when spore was being made i waited with such excitement but oh boy was i dissapointed when it did but that's a story i'm sure many share.

The concept and idea of making a game based on terrorforming surely most attract some people and not just me why isn't there a modern making of sim Earth of even a community made modern sim earth style game (if anyone knows of one please let me know)

The terroforming on games such as wurm has a appeal perhaps the terrorforming concept could be made into a game much like wurm we could be given a barren an hostile world and we all have to work together to terroform it

The thought gives me a avalache of ideas and concepts.

Anyway weather it be top down sim or first person mmo, if this idea appeals to anyone let me know as right now i feel rather alone on this :S

(sorry about my bad spelling and grammer i never scored high in English)
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 08-12-2010, 06:42 PM

I'll second that. I loved Sim Earth.

I once bred an island of Triffids, and had them penned up on a small island in the south pacific. Somehow, they evolved the ability to spread on the wind, and within a century were the dominant form of life on the planet.

Oh, and bees. My bees seem to always end up carnivorous. Damn you Darwin!

Spore? I remember Spore. Wasn't it that game I was promised in that beautiful presentation by Will Wright? I wonder what happened to it? I had my eye open, but no, I can't think of any game released that was ANYTHING LIKE IT.

Tags

earth, mmo, sim, terraforming