Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games > PC Gamer Game Club

#11   Report Post  
    Old 03-03-2012, 03:52 PM

Ah Bioshock's a funny one. I played it for the first time around this time last year. The noises those machines which you buy plasmids from make still ring in my head

The setting and backstory behind the game is easily what makes it so great. The Big Daddy is so iconic and the game has such amazing art and design; definately one of my favourite games stylistically.

I think the story itself is fairly good, but the ending was so disappointingly bad (I'd like to know if anyone liked it?!).

The graphics aren't that great, but the vivid colours I think work well and help to emphasise the feeling of being underwater.

The combat gameplay itself is pretty bad; it almost put me off playing entirely but I stuck with it and quickly became used to it. The plasmids are pretty fun, but nothing spectacularly fun in my opinion.

Bioshock was fun and I'd definately recommend it, but it wasn't one of the best games I've ever played.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 03-07-2012, 06:24 PM

Hi all,

This hasn't died a death. My copy of Bioshock is on Steam, it must have some sort of DRM because it simply won't work in offline mode. I am hoping I'll have my Internet connection back in a couple of weeks and I'll start posting again.

Cheers

Otto
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 03-11-2012, 12:06 AM

Hi all,

Just noticed Bioshock for 4 quid on steam sale. So if you haven't played it, give it a go and join the thread!!!

Otto
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 03-12-2012, 10:40 PM

Just finished Bioshock this evening. The story and characterization is really important for me when it comes to linear fps games and this defiantly delivers it. Piecing together what happened in this objectivist dystopia and unraveling the interwieved stories of the charcaters was was really interesting.

I didn't think the ending you get for saving all the little sisters was too bad story wise but the boss fight at the end did seem out of place.

The whole gun play and plasma thing was ok but not spectacular. What made this game for me was its story and setting and the ideas is explored.

Bring on Bioshock Infinite.

has anyone played Bioshock 2? If so I would lie to know what you thought of it.
    “There has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this simple fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots.” - Ian Banks

Last edited by Daniel; 03-12-2012 at 10:42 PM.