Rift 9 25.00%
    SWTOR 14 38.89%
    Both 1 2.78%
    None 12 33.33%
    Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

#1   Report Post  
    Old 02-20-2012, 08:43 PM

Default Rift or SWTOR

Im looking for a new MMO and the 2 games im currently looking at are Rift and Star wars the old republic
    both games look sick and really fun
    im just wondering what game i should start playing. Im looking for a game that has good PvP system, fun community, great gameplay and somewhat blanced. I also enjoyin raiding and quest lines
    im just really lookin for a new kickass game to start play so any feed back or suggestions would help!
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 02-20-2012, 09:34 PM

The Old Republic is in post open beta..beta, as far as I know there isn't a word for it but it's when you pay the company to beta test their game. I'm just going to say this, take a shit in your hand instead and you'll save yourself $60. Or wait for a half a year or so when their focus stops being adding more content and becomes bug fixing. You might think that was harsh, but you didn't have to endure EA's customer "service".

Rift on the other hand, I've never played or attempted to. I saw an advertisement for level 1-20 free to play, then you pay after that. So you could try Rift and see the community for yourself. I imagine someone will answer your questions there about it's PvP community and such.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 02-20-2012, 10:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to Megazell Send a message via MSN to Megazell Send a message via Skype™ to Megazell

RIFT is F2P so it gets my vote by default!
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 02-20-2012, 10:54 PM

At this moment in time Rift has more PVP Battlegrounds, and they are generally more fun than those in SWTOR imo. It also has a lot more end game content, with lots of raids and a nice soloing area. SWTOR has a lot of potential but it hasn't reached it yet.

IMO if you've never played it play Rift on the free trial thing and give it a try
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 02-21-2012, 01:46 AM

I voted SWTOR for the class story and companion actually being worth the admission price.

Although given that you're asking for great balanced pvp community... I'm going to say neither. lol.

I know a couple hadcore pvp guild from wow, they've played Rift and SWTOR and now they're back to League of Legends. :x
    Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. "This 2004 FPS-RPG has voice-acting, world, and replayability that stands up to or outright beats modern AAA classics like Bioshock, Mass Effect, and New Vegas."
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 02-21-2012, 02:35 AM

It's not what you asked but if you want some free quality mmo pvp try WAR, the first tier is free and there are always people killing each other there. How many are after that tier...
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 02-21-2012, 07:10 AM

From what I've read up, Tier 1 and Tier 4 is where all the action is.

Does anyone play WAR?
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 02-22-2012, 01:22 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kuros View Post
    The Old Republic is in post open beta..beta, as far as I know there isn't a word for it but it's when you pay the company to beta test their game. I'm just going to say this, take a shit in your hand instead and you'll save yourself $60. Or wait for a half a year or so when their focus stops being adding more content and becomes bug fixing. You might think that was harsh, but you didn't have to endure EA's customer "service".

Rift on the other hand, I've never played or attempted to. I saw an advertisement for level 1-20 free to play, then you pay after that. So you could try Rift and see the community for yourself. I imagine someone will answer your questions there about it's PvP community and such.
    It's unfortunate that your dumbass doesn't realize that SWTOR is one of the most polished MMO's to launch and that *GASP!!!* an MMO can never release in a full perfect state. Bugs will happen and if you are too dense to realize that you should stfu.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 02-22-2012, 08:50 AM

Both are shit
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 02-22-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vitalogy11 View Post
    It's unfortunate that your dumbass doesn't realize that SWTOR is one of the most polished MMO's to launch and that *GASP!!!* an MMO can never release in a full perfect state. Bugs will happen and if you are too dense to realize that you should stfu.
    Listen here you gangrenous bag of dicks , I know bugs will happen because they happened to me. I spent hours with customer service trying to get this game to work. I did everything they asked me to and when they couldn't figure it out they stopped talking to me. There are tons of people who can't get this game to download the patches. There were people on the forums attempting to fix the problem by helping people get manual downloads and they were banned for doing what Bioware couldn't. I spent $60 on a game I can't play and gave it to a company that doesn't care if I ever do. I loved the other two KOTOR games and it was crushing to me that it never worked. I am no less important to you, I'm a customer that payed money for nothing in return. I have a right to be angry.

I have been present for the launch or WoW, Guild Wars, Lineage 2, CoH/CoV, FF11 North American release, and EQ2 to name a few. They all launch with bugs and Star wars was one of the worst.

So go fuck yourself man, seriously. Or pay me $60 and I'll never talk about it again. All I ever got from customer service was "duhhh I dunno." and all I get from the fans is this shit because someone dared to say something critical of your favorite little MMO. Man I've been seeing your posts around PCgamer and I thought you were kind of abrasive but I didn't know you were complete fuckwit and I've given up on getting along with people like you.

Tags

games, mmo, pvp, rift, swtor