Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Starcraft II

#1   Report Post  
    Old 02-16-2012, 11:09 PM

Default Done for now.

It really isnt worth my time when I am losing to retards. I don't know whether I am playing far worse than normal, or whether it really is fucking stupid when a 40 supply protoss army can beat me when I'm max with only 40 drones. 4 storms and gg.
    Or maybe its bullshit when a medivac full of marines can fuck an entire base, but a overlord full of the same cost of zerglings is a joke attempt at damage.
    I'm just not enjoying this shit anymore. It's a joke sometimes, and I'm raging far more than I should be at a game, so I'm done for the near future.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 02-17-2012, 10:12 AM

THere's something about this game that causes this reaction.

I did it, Swiss did it Dudd did, we've all done it. We've all spat the dummy at Starcraft 2 and chucked one of these hissy's.

But the thing is. If it were any other game, we could just say, in our own thoughts...''Man, I'm gettting sick of this'' and then simply not play anymore.

Not with Starcraft, it sorta becomes an obsession. To stop playing you have to make a public announcement and try to stick to it so you can save face.

Starcraft is a bit too fast for me, it's a bit too hard and it's a bit too gutting when you lose a game.

I was playing a zvz a while back. I had spines at my natural, and had queens blocking my ramp....but you still gotta inject right?, for 5 seconds out of 45....And it was in those 5 seconds where the final run thru of his all-in zerglings slipped thru and killed me.

I check the replay and it was just a completely random timing, he A-click into my base from his and it was just pure blind luck his zerglings come running up my ramp at precisely the wrong moment for me.

gg he typed in.... as if he was always gonna win and cocksure of it.

fuck you blizzard you make a cunt of a game.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 02-17-2012, 06:30 PM

You pretty much just summed up why people announce this shit
    I just want to take at least a month of 1v1's so I can start playing for fun again.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 02-17-2012, 08:55 PM

Just don't play DotA 2 during your break, I've wanted to behead people thanks to that game.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 02-17-2012, 11:40 PM

I wish I could play DOTA 2
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 02-18-2012, 12:32 PM

Oh yeah I know that feeling. Except down in my league it's more a case of "What the hell did I forget this time?" than "how the..."

Things to remember in SC2 - Evo chamber, drones or units, upgrades, lair, infestation pit, hive, greater spire, did I go into gas, did I pull out of gas, did I go back into gas, where the hell are my mutas, where the hell are my banelings, where the hell are my infestors, what are my hotkeys, Did I even bother to hotkey, where are my overlords, did I even bother with overlords etc.

Things to remember in COD - Point at dude, click M1, win game

SC2 is the single most frustrating game ever, but OH MY GOD it's so satisfying rolling over someone with a billion roaches
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 02-18-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BlueEagle View Post
    SC2 is the single most frustrating game ever, but OH MY GOD it's so satisfying rolling over someone with a billion roaches
    Yeah, Yeah it must be

Steam

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phil Savage View Post
    In the meantime, you'll just have to mentally rearrange each thread so that Vexus' comments are at the bottom.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 02-19-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Red Leader Zala View Post
    Yeah, Yeah it must be

Now in fairness, that first game we had also had a lot of hydras because of your voids :P

Also: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QUGNVpzB2t0#t=83 s"]Click for Idra[/URL]
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 02-19-2012, 11:13 PM

Pffft I've never ragequit, I just stopped playing for 3 weeks and realised that you can't take a break that long without falling way behind.

I will go back to SC2 at some point, but it's far too much of a timesink to try and properly get to a decent competitive level.

Starcraft is a game that's very easy to take really seriously, and a lot of the time I realised I wasn't having any fun playing it, so maybe stopping was a good decision.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 02-20-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BlueEagle View Post
    Now in fairness, that first game we had also had a lot of hydras because of your voids :P
    True, true and in the second those DTs were just lovely XD

Steam

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phil Savage View Post
    In the meantime, you'll just have to mentally rearrange each thread so that Vexus' comments are at the bottom.