Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > SW: The Old Republic > EU Guild - PC Gamer Mint Imperials

#1   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2012, 04:08 PM

Default Jugg OP DPS spec.

[URL="http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_warrior/juggernaut/#::ef8ef5ef24e2de2fe12fe:"]Here is the spec.[/URL]

The whole thing about this spec is your smash, (which is an aoe) even when in a single target fight.

For this spec I normally open with Sabre Throw > Force Leap > Force Crush > Sundering Assault > Smash. From here I will move to Force choke > Obliterate > (filler ability like Ravage or Slash / Sundering Assault) > Smash.

The reason your Smash hits so hard (my highest is 6.8k) is due to 2 buffs that you must make sure are up before Smashing these are - Shockwave - Increases the damage of smash by 25% with each tick of Force crush or Force choke. Stacks up to 4 times. And Dominate - Force Charge and Obliterate have 100% chance to make the next smash used within 15 seconds a critical hit.

The 2 of these together makes a massive hit. Bare in mind that this is an aoe meaning that up to 5 people will take a massive hit.

Make sure you are using your Vicious Throw every time you can (once your target is at 20% hp or lower). and another filler you can use is Force Scream or Vicious Slash (depending on your own preference).

If you need any more info give me a shout =D.
    Movicol lvl 50 - Warrior - Juggernaut
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 01-26-2012, 12:42 PM

Hey Mov

Yep have seen the Rage spec touted around the forums quite a bit under the SJ section.

My question is, although def superior for PvP - is the spec on par (or better) for PvE? I'm thinking that the crits may be great for burst damage but for long boss fights where we need to keep our damage consistent over a period of time it may not be as good as the standard Vengeance spec.

What do you think mate?
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 01-26-2012, 03:26 PM

Hello guys !

Rage spec is good for PVP no doubt, as you need the burst dps in there.

This spec also works pretty well for PVE Normal OPS but if you want to push your PVE DPS to the max i recommend to spec Vengeance.

Now vengeance might not pull the burst that a Rage spec can do but it does offer very solid and constant DPS.

If you need more details here is a good post on theorycrafting:

[url]http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-Vengeance-DPS-Compendium[/url]

Also here is a blog of a good Guardian player with good explanations:

guard-this.com

TLDR:

PVP - Rage
    PVE - Vengeance

And if someone tells you that a dps Jugg is not viable in PVE remember: Sunder stacks with your tank's Armor reduction skill as well, so you are adding ~20% damage to your group.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 01-26-2012, 03:45 PM

Fantastic, thanks both. Exactly what I wanted to know. I'm toying with the idea of respeccing to Rage for PvP (currently Vengeance) however PvE content is my primary concern so do not want to be respeccing back to Vengeance every raid as I'll be skint in 2 weeks.

On the basis of Gutz's info and the DPS Compendium on sithwarrio.com (which is an awesome site and reminds me strongly of Elitist Jerks' WOW forum) I think I will stay Vengeance as hopefuly we won't be doing Normal Ops for too long (and sadly I'll continue to suck balls in PvP).

Last edited by Solus; 01-26-2012 at 03:57 PM.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 01-26-2012, 05:19 PM

Just remember that it isn't that Vengeance's DPS in PvP is inferior it is just that it is DoT, not direct, but does have a single-target focus Rage doesn't have as much of. Combined with the high mitigation and health pool of Juggernauts the slow-burn nature of the spec will give Vengeance Juggs solid 1v1 capability, but lose the strong AoE burst and mobility of Obliterate and the snare of Force Crush.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 01-30-2012, 11:22 AM

I have found that my pve damage is never on a downtime with ravage having a 30sec cd. you can use it to fill any gaps you have. And in 1 on 1 fights pvp i almost always come out on top.

Rage is definately my spec of choice for both pve and pvp. It helps alot in fights where burst is needed (soa and the puzzle boss in karragas).
    Movicol lvl 50 - Warrior - Juggernaut