Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 01-23-2012, 07:47 AM

Default Raid Report 22/01/12

Attendees:
    Tanks: Slimbutnails and Bígbasher
    Healers: Hiarra, Zubi and Archaz
    Melee: Sidjames and Asokuri
    Ranged: Zalid, Belimawr, Revvy and Aphaeas

For the first half we went to the second bit of LFR with Win. It was the usual roflstomp. The only reason we decided not to run all of LFR was Team Awesome had a good looking team for the gunship and there was a fairly poor attendence from Win(5?). Thanks to those from Team Win who did show up, as usual it was fun raiding with you.

For the second half we got on with some progression. The Gunship is a very frustrating fight for ranged DPS as the DPS you pull seems to be completely random each pull, even if you do exactly the same each time. We had a few teething problems to start with but soon we started hitting phase two consistantly. Just as we were all getting a little frustrated at not being able to kill it we managed to get it down in a very clean attempt with everyone alive.

Well done everyone. Was a nice raid and good to see we are back on track for progression.

Tuesday will be The Spine so make sure you read up on tactics. I know that some of you are away on Tuesday but we will try and get a team together, after Zalid's event ofc.

Nice work all!
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 01-23-2012, 09:50 AM

Flask rota has been updated to include new members.

The list can be found in the Team Awesome forums and it is a sticky post so will be somewhere at the top of the page.

Flasks are expected every Thursday.

Some people are slacking. Stop it!
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 01-23-2012, 11:22 AM

we need to get at least spine down before the 5% nerf on Wednesday, but in theory it should make the gunship ad's a bit easier, assuming the 5% damage and health debuf isn't just on the boss mobs.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 01-23-2012, 11:39 AM

Was I right in reading that the nerf is one of those silly optional ones like in ICC or is it a full nerf?

I thoguht I read they were implementing it ICC style so you can eaily remove the buff if you want to do it on the original difficulty. I may have dreamt this up though....

If so we will probably continue to do it as is. Would be nice to get everything down without a nerf/buff.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 01-23-2012, 11:41 AM

"During the scheduled server maintenance on the week of January 31, the Dragon Soul raid will become enveloped by the “Power of the Aspects” spell, reducing the health and damage dealt of all enemies in the raid by 5%. This spell will grow progressively stronger over time to reduce the difficulty and make the encounters more accessible. The spell will affect both normal and Heroic difficulties, but it will not affect the Looking for Raid difficulty.

The spell can also be disabled by talking to Lord Afrasastrasz at the beginning of Dragon Soul, if a raid wishes to attempt the encounters without the aid of the Dragon Aspects."

....Answered my own question, glad I ddin't dream it up!
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 01-23-2012, 11:43 AM

it's like the ICC one, but instead of buffing the players it debuffs the mobs by 5% damage and health, there is apparently someone inside the door who you can talk to to turn it off, but it's one of those things if it's there most people will want to use it.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 01-23-2012, 01:01 PM

Must admit it is one pig of a fight. So many adds, so many things to run to, so many things to avoid. You really need to keep on your toes. It was really exhausting trying to keep on top of everything. When we finally did down it I was plain tuckered out
    But it is one those fights where we do need to see where we are going wrong. The adjustments we were making each pull really were making a difference. Like making sure we tried to stop every one of the drakes fires hitting the ship even if it meant gimping our dps a little. But it all pulled nicely together in the end and we got him down. Didn't realise we were all alive at the end. That must have been a really nice clean kill. I think lusting when we did was the right call too. Getting the big dragon down as soon as possible is a real necessity. It does mean the last phase is a little harder due to his increasing damage, but it also means no more big purple puddles.

Regarding this optional buff. IIRC, in ICC, we could turn it on/off on each boss. So we could use it to blast through the first few bosses and then turn it on for the stuff we want to do progression on. Is this still the case with the DS buff ?
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 01-23-2012, 01:11 PM

you could have it on for the first few bosses then off for progression bosses, but I'm not sure if you can turn it back on without going out of the instance and resetting it, I know you couldn't turn the ICC one back on without doing this. but now the team seems more stable would really like to see them go down on full difficulty.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 01-23-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zalid View Post
    I think lusting when we did was the right call too. Getting the big dragon down as soon as possible is a real necessity. It does mean the last phase is a little harder due to his increasing damage, but it also means no more big purple puddles.

Phase 1 is harder to heal than P2 due to the swirls. Once you killed the dragon with lust it was cake to heal. Had loads of mana left so could of healed for a good stint longer if needed.

Lust at start of Phase 2 = easy down