Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > SW: The Old Republic > EU Guild - PC Gamer Mint Imperials

#11   Report Post  
    Old 01-10-2012, 06:22 PM

I'll be honest and say that I believe this is a stupid way to run ops. Not the guild mind, but Bioware. Why they make them weekly lockouts to individuals is beyond me. They should reset on a specific day so everyone knows where they stand. They already do it for some weekly stuff, like the pvp weeklies listed above. So why not all weekly stuff. Maybe they will in due time.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 01-10-2012, 11:45 PM

I'll be up for tanking once i get to 50
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 01-11-2012, 06:22 AM

I doubt I'll be able to commit to any schedule since I have a young son to take care of. But I if and when I have pockets of time to help out I'd be gladly wiling to lend a hand, (Gormagon Assassin Tank/dps).

A big thank you out to Zeke for handling and organising the thread. There is a lot of interest.

-Steam ID: munkeyboy951
    -Origin: Goobagon
    -Swtor Pcg Mint Imperials: Gormagon(Assassin tank/dps)
    -Swtor Pcg Altoids: Goobagon(Imp. agent)
    -Wow Pcg Guild: Gormagon(Mage)
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 01-11-2012, 12:03 PM

At the moment I'm still getting some gear together (so far mostly level 49+ modded stuff with a few pvp epics, although I do have a few 45-47 pieces as well) but I would love to do the ops, so if anyone is thinking of making a group sometime and needs a healer, feel free to give me a whisper.

Gutz, I don't know if your list is still being added to, or if it still counts but you can add me to heal alongside Matteh if you want

Steam
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 01-11-2012, 05:48 PM

Totally up for some Ops, It's why I bought the game in the first place

However, I'm off snowboarding for a week on Sunday so don't sign me up for anything just yet. When I get back it's go time though.

Melee DPS btw.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 01-12-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zalid View Post
    I'll be honest and say that I believe this is a stupid way to run ops. Not the guild mind, but Bioware. Why they make them weekly lockouts to individuals is beyond me. They should reset on a specific day so everyone knows where they stand. They already do it for some weekly stuff, like the pvp weeklies listed above. So why not all weekly stuff. Maybe they will in due time.
    after running hardmode EV yesterday, the HM lockout was the same as our normal mode one which started the previous day.

then i realised that it IS a weekly lockout and not individual, and i've been going about it all wrong.

so my bad on this part! lockouts end 12pm tuesday the same as when all weeklies reset.
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 01-12-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thierryfying View Post
    after running hardmode EV yesterday, the HM lockout was the same as our normal mode one which started the previous day.

then i realised that it IS a weekly lockout and not individual, and i've been going about it all wrong.

so my bad on this part! lockouts end 12pm tuesday the same as when all weeklies reset.
    Now that sounds much more realistic. At least then you can organise things much easier.
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 01-13-2012, 12:27 AM

Hi I'm up for tanking with my lvl 50 Sith warrior jugg, I don't know what gear I need or where's best to get it so any advice would be smashing.
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 01-13-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kesare View Post
    Hi I'm up for tanking with my lvl 50 Sith warrior jugg, I don't know what gear I need or where's best to get it so any advice would be smashing.
    easiest way to get gear is by doing pvp. its insanely easy, just do your weekly and daily pvp quests. u will get 'champion gear bags'. just open then and pray you're lucky to get a champion gear token (not comm mind).

HM flashpoints give same tier 2 pve versions of the gear, which are slightly better in stats than pvp gear (minus expertise pvp stat). but this path takes a much longer time, as only one piece drops from the last boss of said HM fp. also there is the chance that the gear dropped in the FP is for another class.

torak is handling group 4 atm if i'm not mistaken. give him a yell in game for more info
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 01-14-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thierryfying View Post
    easiest way to get gear is by doing pvp. its insanely easy, just do your weekly and daily pvp quests. u will get 'champion gear bags'. just open then and pray you're lucky to get a champion gear token (not comm mind).

HM flashpoints give same tier 2 pve versions of the gear, which are slightly better in stats than pvp gear (minus expertise pvp stat). but this path takes a much longer time, as only one piece drops from the last boss of said HM fp. also there is the chance that the gear dropped in the FP is for another class.

torak is handling group 4 atm if i'm not mistaken. give him a yell in game for more info
    Thanks for the advice, I'm not a big fan of pvp generally but I guess I need to give it a go.