Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > SW: The Old Republic > EU Guild - PC Gamer Mint Imperials

#11   Report Post  
    Old 12-23-2011, 03:40 PM

as an addendum to this guide could you explain the ship robots?

I use 2V-R8 as my main gathering/crafting crew, he came with the same skills as khem val but doesn't have the bonuses.

Is it possible for me to drag 2v-R8 to the imp fleet and make him forget artificing and instead learn all about splicing. He'd be far more use to me this way as a nice little earner and I could still use khem for actual crafting.

Also would my second or third companions be able to learn a separate set of crew skills? So for example could my next companion use Synthweaving while Khem holds down the fort with Artifice

I'm still pretty new to this MMO stuff so any advice is appreciated.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 12-23-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IncredibleBulk92 View Post
    as an addendum to this guide could you explain the ship robots?

I use 2V-R8 as my main gathering/crafting crew, he came with the same skills as khem val but doesn't have the bonuses.

Is it possible for me to drag 2v-R8 to the imp fleet and make him forget artificing and instead learn all about splicing. He'd be far more use to me this way as a nice little earner and I could still use khem for actual crafting.

Also would my second or third companions be able to learn a separate set of crew skills? So for example could my next companion use Synthweaving while Khem holds down the fort with Artifice

I'm still pretty new to this MMO stuff so any advice is appreciated.
    Unfortunately not. The skills your companions use are tied to you. So you can only have 3 skills and that's it. BioWare do not want people to be self-sufficient on one character.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 12-23-2011, 06:35 PM

well that sucks, i only chose artifice because khem had a bonus in it. better I found out now rather than when I got my next companion. I think I'd rather focus on Synthweaving. It's going to be an expensive changeover
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 12-24-2011, 03:33 PM

Not sure how much difference the bonuses make. My companions rarely fail, so maybe the bonuses give you better/more items ?
    Since you have no choice in your companions (or do you?), I just ignored the bonuses and chose the skills I wanted.
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 12-24-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zalid View Post
    Not sure how much difference the bonuses make. My companions rarely fail, so maybe the bonuses give you better/more items ?
    Since you have no choice in your companions (or do you?), I just ignored the bonuses and chose the skills I wanted.
    your companions are fixed to your class and normally tie into your story quests, but there are a few crossovers I believe such as that stupid robot everyone gets when they get a ship.

as for their success rate and what they bring back, it seems to rely much more on their opinion of you than anything else, the only thing the bonuses help with is say you companion has +10 to armourtech when you start out with the skill and use him it basically starts you at 10skill, so as long as you craft with him you have 10 higher skill. same with gathering, those companions can go higher than your base skill based on their bonus, think of it like the race bonuses to crafting in WoW but they are restricted by companion.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 12-24-2011, 03:46 PM

Right. Thanks Bel. That makes good sense

Tags

crafting guide, swtor