Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#11   Report Post  
    Old 12-23-2011, 11:28 AM

Agreed.

I have done it on my warlock a few times and each time we have done it the cleave tank stays in a corner while ranged nuke it down. This enables the other tank to kite the other add round the raid with melee to soak and move at the same time.

Our best ranged dps focus on killing the dragons on his own but he is pretty high on dps so can solo them fast.

2heals is the best way as rhe only dmg should be from the soaks and not getting hit by charge!!
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 12-23-2011, 03:32 PM

It was a good night in DS. Really smooth apart from ping-pong being a little jibby. This was soon sorted though and he came down. All other bosses were nice and clean. Win finally got to see Ultraxion go down
    Then we headed into FL to get more of my staff done. We cleared the trash with some good humour going round, especially when the police went round Slims to look for Dwaine Dibbley (makes me want to dig out my Red Dwarf DVDs now). We were all set up ready for Shannox when, for one of the first times ever, I DCd. No idea what happened as it returned about 10 minutes later and we found that not only was I saved to Shannox. I could not get any essences off him. Shame about that. It was all set up to be a really nice FL run too. This legendary is really starting to grate now. It's going to take another 6 weeks after this one to get it. So we are looking at the end of January

Sorry Bel that we had such a good run that the plan to switch people at 9 meant that all the DS bosses which were planned to be downed that night had come down very quickly. Maybe we should have swapped on each boss or two or something. But I don't think any of us expected to get all 5 bosses down in such a quick time. Took us what, 1hr 15mins ? Nice to see that both teams can work well together.

Some nice info there about the gunship battle Bel and Nelks. Sounds like we should be able to come up with a plan of attack for it, if it is decided to go there on Tuesday.

One thing I am open to. If you would like me to try and PUG FL for the essences or try and schedule a FL run on a non-raid night, then I am willing too. I know that people are probably pretty tired of FL at this point.

Last edited by Zalid; 12-23-2011 at 03:34 PM.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 12-23-2011, 04:18 PM

I'm OK with doing firelands its just now its not really a raid you don't even need to try in most cases now, but to me it was obvious from week one those first 4 should of came down that fast and since we are getting better gear its only going to get faster, the main thing for me we need to do is start listening to others in raids its the mechanics that hammer us most of the time and quite often people know better ways to deal with it.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 12-23-2011, 05:10 PM

Can I suggest 2 things,

Firstly, /w one of the leaders during raid if you have a suggestion or idea. It can often be difficult to hear people talking with everything going on or if you tye in any of the chats it also quite often gets missed however, I always seem to spot whispers, must be the colour or something.

Secondly, write it on the forums as you have done this week.

I am sorry if we have missed comments during raids we aren't ignoring you they are simply getting lost in everything else that is going on.
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 12-23-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zimzal View Post
    Merry christmas from sweden/skyrim!
    Knew it was a documentary. Merry Christmas to all, and to all good loot!
    Ulthaze the Astral Walker - 85 Goblin Tailoring Priest - PCG Alt

Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ulth