Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > SW: The Old Republic > US Guild - Coconut Monkeys

#1   Report Post  
    Old 12-18-2011, 04:46 AM

Default IMPORTANT: Taris

Do not go to Taris at the moment, or if you do turn off all quest tracking, and do class chain and leave. At present there is a game-killing bug that causes a memory leak that will crash your computer, and will require a CS to move your character, or you using your emergency fleet pass very quickly to get off of the planet.

This seems to be linked specifically with Crater Command Base, bringing up the full map and quest tracking. So try to avoid those for the time being on Taris until they get this fixed.

Last edited by Fandaran; 12-18-2011 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Completeness
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 12-21-2011, 09:39 PM

This may not actually affect everyone, necessarily. I read about this in the TOR forums yesterday, but managed to make it through Taris without assistance of a GM, and I think I did every single quest in the zone. I did notice some serious lag/freezing in the mentioned areas, but they only lasted a second or two. It was mostly when I would pull up the map or initiate a conversation with an NPC in those areas.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 12-21-2011, 11:32 PM

Default Problem Solved

Thankfully, this issue has been addressed according to [URL="http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.0.0d/12202011"]THESE PATCH NOTES[/URL], so nobody should crash and burn for waiting cue torture on Taris anymore! -Map