Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > 25 Man Raid Team

#21   Report Post  
    Old 07-14-2010, 09:19 PM

AKA klog was away saving the world!
      #22   Report Post  
    Old 07-14-2010, 09:28 PM
    Tim Edwards

I'm properly rubbish at that fight - spent all my time tanking globe dude with Team Win.

Sowee guys.
      #23   Report Post  
    Old 07-31-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zerne View Post
    I had a look at some of the guilds on wowmeters and out of the ones I looked at I noticed with regard to warlocks

All affliction spec warlocks ran with a demo lock in the raid as well, and all affliction warlocks didn't touch any bombs.

So there is what's best in ideal circumstances and then there is what's best for our raid and tactics.
    Indeed. However most top end guilds are content to let their affliction locks and spriests sit on the boss at all times, such as on Lady D P1, or DBS for example. Generally these two specs are terrible at switching and are at their most effective when sitting on a single target. Obviously this requires the rest of the raid's dps to be able to pick up the slack and not all raids can do it. If you have say, 1 spriest and 1 affli lock, and your other ranged dps are all burst focused, then its doable. If however alot of your caster dps punch is coming from locks and spriests then they will probs need to help too.

Spriests are awful at bombs, affli locks are not great but capable.

I find Affliction brutally effective on Princes, however there is a certain amount of "meter cheesing" which can occur. If you dot up the other two princes, your dots all do more damage thanks to Death's Embrace (as the non active princes are counted as being under 35% hp).

This makes your epeen grow impressively, but it is pretty useless because you can't kill the ones on low HP anyway. Despite me trying my best that one time on 10 man heroic :P
      #24   Report Post  
    Old 07-31-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cataclysmic View Post
    you can't kill the ones on low HP anyway. Despite me trying my best that one time on 10 man heroic :P
    We remember it well
      #25   Report Post  
    Old 07-31-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cataclysmic View Post
    If you dot up the other two princes, your dots all do more damage thanks to Death's Embrace (as the non active princes are counted as being under 35% hp).
    Good Lord. Please don't tell me anyone is really using Global Cooldowns to cast spells on bosses that are immune to damage :s
      #26   Report Post  
    Old 07-31-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Darieth View Post
    Good Lord. Please don't tell me anyone is really using Global Cooldowns to cast spells on bosses that are immune to damage :s
    It's less a case of that and more a case of having a full rack of dots left over, ticking away on one mob, just as the invocation of blood switches to another prince
    You dot up the new prince, and start nuking him, while still having dots rolling on the last one. Obviously anyone who refreshes those dots on the last prince is terribad, but that is generally why dot classes do exceptionally why on this fight - they have dots left over on other mobs when switching