Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Win

#1   Report Post  
    Old 09-08-2011, 10:27 PM

Default Raid Report 8/9/11 - Wherein people were pro

On raid:

Goffik
    Oskrylith
    Wyrmy
    Barkhoof
    Dudutroll
    Leegund
    Belara
    Isilindal
    Bimble
    Dreig (for Shannox)
    Hubitrix (for Alysrazor)

Loot: Neck for Dreig and ring for Barker's OS. Osk seems to have established a pattern.

We decided to pick on Shannox in search of the axe for Dreig. The axe seems to be embarrassed about how much it exposed itself the first umpteen times we killed Shannox, and is now too shy to show itself. It was an easy one-shot, but Oskrylith did manage to die just before the end from an immolation trap. This, combined with a "mis-click" that caused us to wipe on trash, might lead you to believe that Osk is some sort of nub-scrub hybrid.

But then we moved on to have our first proper attempt at Alysrazor, and it was good. It took us one go to catch on to the fact that fire is bad, and that, following from this, you should not:

- Stand in fire
    - Walk through fire
    - Stand still while fire goes through you
    - Stand in a place where things are going to breathe fire on you
    - Allow things to cast fire at you
    - Stand in howling typhoons of fire that sear the flesh from your very bones, aiieeeee!
    - Set fire to the rain, set the fire to the third bar, set the world on fire, start the fire, or, unless you have no alternative, fire it up

Every attempt from the second onward was solid, including one full rotation of phases. We learned something from each attempt, and I don't think it'll be long before we down her. We ended 15 minutes early to wrest Tol Barad from the clammy, gnome-y grasp of the Alliance, and then did BH. Highlights of the night included:

- Getting through phase 4 on Alysrazor the first time with two healers.
    - Getting to phase 3 with Osk tanking both hatchlings after Goffik dc'd on the pull
    - My moth
    - The worst interrupt in the world
    - Two excellent recoveries on bad trash pulls, followed by an ignominious wipe to a relatively innocuous pack
    - Shooting gnomes in the face
    - Pretty much everything else

So, in all, solid progress, and some excellent work from the tanks and healers especially. Beth'tilac on Sunday, followed by more Alysrazor! Unless Akee comes back, in which case we can make him do Ryolith as penance for deserting us :P
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 09-09-2011, 12:20 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to OK-47

1 tanking hatchlings like a boss! What was it? 3.38Mil damage taken right?

PS Tornado Phase is faceroll, you're all even more scrub-nub than I am

OK47 - BATTLELOG

(Inactive)Oskrilyth - Warrior
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 09-09-2011, 09:02 AM

Flying around was fairly easy here are some observations:

1) You are faster then the bird so to avoid missing rings you need to stop about every 3 rings.

2) The clouds are easy to avoid until the 3rd time around when you get 3 each ring. In the end I did not take any damage at all.

3) When she does the swoop down across the area the rings are predictable after the first one. Behind her she leaves two clouds and a ring next to each other like XXO after the first one the ring is in the same place each time.

4) Getting to 25 stacks is fairly easy by the whirlwind phase even missing a few. With full stacks you get 200% Haste and 75% Crit.

I think we need at least 2 people flying to get the amazing buff for the burn phase. Even if a Hunter will do slightly less damage getting the buff the benefit at the burn stage would be worth it.

BTW I suck at whirlwind dodging and need more practise.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 09-09-2011, 09:52 AM

Did you get to see the final burn phase, also which healers are you using to 2 heal Alys as you want Dudu on one tank and dunno which other you would choose.

Feathers also a big thing having 2 feathers for fire tornado dance helps a lot, but i'm sure you will get this fight pretty soon. On the final burn healer make sure they got mana back from hitting tweetie pie then when she goes postal Tranq straight after spirit link or mad priesty aoe stuff should equal a nice kill
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 09-09-2011, 11:46 AM

We saw all four phases. The time we got through the burn phase, we didn't lose anyone who wasn't already dead - Barker and Dudu managed to keep the 7 or 8 people left up alive. We started dying after that to Fieroblasts because we'd lost Wyrmy and one of the interrupters to the tornados, I think.

The second time we saw the burn phase, it killed us in seconds. This, I think, was because Goffik was either dead or dc'd, so we were missing a tank to interrupt the channelling adds. That meant she moved to phase 4 faster than expected, before the healers were ready. It took us by surprise, basically. Shouldn't happen again. I was quite impressed with how quickly everybody learned the fight - its just a matter of smoothing out the execution now.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 09-09-2011, 12:10 PM

Nice hopefully it will soon be another kill notched up for win
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 09-09-2011, 04:32 PM

First one or two times we did it my brain was melting but once you started seeing the patterns it wasn't so bad. Just looking at what happens around you and making sure not to stand in things that generally hurts and getting the rythm of it and it felt very doable

/barks