Raid Report 8/9/11 - Wherein people were pro
Dreig (for Shannox)
Hubitrix (for Alysrazor)
Loot: Neck for Dreig and ring for Barker's OS. Osk seems to have established a pattern.
We decided to pick on Shannox in search of the axe for Dreig. The axe seems to be embarrassed about how much it exposed itself the first umpteen times we killed Shannox, and is now too shy to show itself. It was an easy one-shot, but Oskrylith did manage to die just before the end from an immolation trap. This, combined with a "mis-click" that caused us to wipe on trash, might lead you to believe that Osk is some sort of nub-scrub hybrid.
But then we moved on to have our first proper attempt at Alysrazor, and it was good. It took us one go to catch on to the fact that fire is bad, and that, following from this, you should not:
- Stand in fire
- Walk through fire
- Stand still while fire goes through you
- Stand in a place where things are going to breathe fire on you
- Allow things to cast fire at you
- Stand in howling typhoons of fire that sear the flesh from your very bones, aiieeeee!
- Set fire to the rain, set the fire to the third bar, set the world on fire, start the fire, or, unless you have no alternative, fire it up
Every attempt from the second onward was solid, including one full rotation of phases. We learned something from each attempt, and I don't think it'll be long before we down her. We ended 15 minutes early to wrest Tol Barad from the clammy, gnome-y grasp of the Alliance, and then did BH. Highlights of the night included:
- Getting through phase 4 on Alysrazor the first time with two healers.
- Getting to phase 3 with Osk tanking both hatchlings after Goffik dc'd on the pull
- My moth
- The worst interrupt in the world
- Two excellent recoveries on bad trash pulls, followed by an ignominious wipe to a relatively innocuous pack
- Shooting gnomes in the face
- Pretty much everything else
So, in all, solid progress, and some excellent work from the tanks and healers especially. Beth'tilac on Sunday, followed by more Alysrazor! Unless Akee comes back, in which case we can make him do Ryolith as penance for deserting us :P