Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > ArmA 2

#11   Report Post  
    Old 05-04-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Downloaded View Post
    I've played about 10 hours of this since picking it up and I absolutely love it. Thought it certainly has a bit of a learning curve. I've gone through the tutorials but the stuff they teach you is more easily said than done when it comes to multiplayer. Can you all recommend a good newby crash course? I've been playing on the TAW.net New York server a fair amount because the lag seems reasonable and the people are nice but I'm still struggling to figure out who is in my squad and how best to communicate with them. Any help/advice you have to offer would be much appreciated. If anyone would be willing to add me to Steam and give me a crash course themselves I'd be interested. Thanks!
    Were you on there late last night asking questions about who to shoot and stuff? lol...

I played on that server for hours last night/yesterday not realizing how fast time can pass. Great server they got there. Feel free to add me if you want to squad up. I'm new to the game myself, but am quickly picking it up.

Steam: Omnistatic
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 05-04-2011, 10:20 PM

I was asking for help with sniping with rifles that don't have a zeroing feature haha. I'll be sure to add you and I'd love to play whenever. The game becomes so much better with another person you know, though I've been really impressed with the community so far. I'm in the middle of exams right now but I have a fair amount of time to play.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 05-25-2011, 08:58 PM

If you lads are looking for someone to play with or a server to play on, the 42nd has a dedicated server that runs operation arrowhead (you can join if you are running combined ops).

Just filter for 42nd and you ae more that welcome to come into our Teamspeak channel.
    Teamspeak address: ts31.gameservers.com:9153

Everybody is welcome to join our server, no mods or anything are needed.

Last edited by 42nd_AAR; 05-25-2011 at 09:03 PM.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 07-03-2011, 02:30 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Downloaded View Post
    So AMRA II is on sale until Thursday and as someone who has always wanted to try ARMA, but has never really been willing to risk $40 on the purchase, given the generally split opinions about the game, $8 seems just about right to get it a whirl. I'll be picking ARMA II up without a doubt but Combined Ops is also on sale for $27. Would you all say that having ARMA without Operation Arrowhead is useless or would I be fine with just one. I understand that they are pretty much two separate games running on the same engine, but if I only get ARMA II will I be missing out on some sort of definitive experience?
    If you're going to play online, you'll need both games - both Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead because a lot of the servers use files from both games, and you might need an Arma 2 game launcher to load and locate both games.

So if you can, buy Combined Operations!

Not a lot of people play PvP (player vs player) but I find this the most fun - see the below PvP servers they're really worth playing on

check out [url]http://DAO.NU[/url] for European peak times - there is a good community playing here

check out Cerberus [url]http://www.c5gaming.com[/url] for US peak gaming times - there is an equally good community playing here

Last edited by SAND-MONKEY; 07-03-2011 at 02:42 AM.
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 09-02-2011, 10:27 AM

Smile

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 42nd_AAR View Post
    If you lads are looking for someone to play with or a server to play on, the 42nd has a dedicated server that runs operation arrowhead (you can join if you are running combined ops).

Just filter for 42nd and you ae more that welcome to come into our Teamspeak channel.
    Teamspeak address: ts31.gameservers.com:9153

Everybody is welcome to join our server, no mods or anything are needed.
    This server still active might join you guys on it for a few games been missing a bit ARMA. Need to pull myself away from Deus Ex will have a break from that just now i think.

Very new to forums anyone here jump on this server now and again?

Thanks
    William