Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Rift

#1   Report Post  
    Old 08-17-2011, 09:59 AM

Default State of the Guild3

Well here we go again
    It is with sadness that I heard today of 1officer talking outside meridian with a player who has left PCG about the guild and that it was going backwards, athat if certain peolpe leave the guild will go under.
    The guild will keep going period. It was sad that the officer was agreeing with everything that was being said
    Anyway on to better and brighter things.
    There is talk of setting up a raid leader officer post, now this is way way out of my remit, but I think and this is my own view that Dark would be the best person for this. Post your views on this or if you think you can do and want to post on seperate thread why you think you should be it.
    Remember the post come with stress
    Also there is talk of a member of the PCG staff comimg to take over as ultimate GL( lets face it all they do is sit on there bums playing games alday and getting paid to write a few words) this is due to current commitments ( such as getting a new hearing aid,teeth ect) that the old 1 has which has resulted in him not being around as much.
    Now we have a very healthy guild that has lots of active member, but we seem to have a problem with the LVL50's for some reason. So to state the simple truth,
    peeps get to 50 then complain about raids ect not happening, then leave.
    WELL if peeps didn't leave there would more lvl 50's and more raiding simples.
    also I would like to hear about peeps Rift stories ect so they can be passed on and maybe even printed in the PCGamer Mag!!!
    Lastly can we all try and put money into guld bank funds so that we can get next guild bank slot.........mind you that 1 after this will prob cost a million plat!!!
    Oh nearly forgot
    earlier this week we had what appeared to be a theft from the GB. It now seems very likly that the peep concernds account was hacked by those lovely hackers for stuff. the peep involved has asked to rejoin the guild and will be accepted back. Please if your account gets hacked post on forum asap so we know

Thanks for the great work and keep it up

Lollypopeye
    aka Eyeeye
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 08-17-2011, 10:27 AM

Cool

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eyeeye View Post
    Oh nearly forgot
    earlier this week we had what appeared to be a theft from the GB. It now seems very likly that the peep concernds account was hacked by those lovely hackers for stuff. the peep involved has asked to rejoin the guild and will be accepted back. Please if your account gets hacked post on forum asap so we know

Thanks for the great work and keep it up

Lollypopeye
    aka Eyeeye
    Agreed I said last night that it would prove very hard to prove they havent and they be given the benifit of the doubt by me also Miss agreed as well.

I actuly thought Id tracked the person down to a shard and found the char just sitting in one area, which is like WOW hackers that hack an account and for some reason sit in Dire maul

Still would not mind the 40 Corrupted back I reported the issue to a GM but it came back that the incedent should come from the GL. Well we are GL but could have meant the guild owner.

Need to speak to you and some of the other officers soon about somthing nice for the guild.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 08-17-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eyeeye View Post
    Well here we go again
    It is with sadness that I heard today of 1officer talking outside meridian with a player who has left PCG about the guild and that it was going backwards, athat if certain peolpe leave the guild will go under.
    The guild will keep going period. It was sad that the officer was agreeing with everything that was being said
    Heard of? Well ofc you did lolly seeing as though there were people from PCG & Corrosion around while we were talking and i knew they would go running back to you or others and tell all because afterall people love drama don't they. There was nothing to hide, if you seriously think things aren't going down the pan you are deluding yourself, PCG at the moment is lucky if it can muster up enough people to do a 5 man dungeon nevermind a raid, take off the rose tinted glassess some time.

p.s. It's not only that officer that agrees with everything that was said, ask the lvl 50's that have gone and a few that are still around and they will tell you exactly the same because we've all spoken about it privately.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 08-17-2011, 01:52 PM

Balaam , if you've left PCG, then why the posts regarding the guild. You've left now end of. Move on, stop being nasty and bitter towards people, esp the guild leaders. People say things about all guilds, but for you to be just plain nasty about things just proves a point about your attitude I have made on another thread. Quit the attitude, move on and go and do your raiding.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 08-17-2011, 02:05 PM

On a happier note, within the last week or 2, Dark and I have discussed getting a raid group comprising of 10 PCG/10 Corrosion members to have a try of Greenscales Blight within the near future. I would be very happy with this, would be good for level 50's in both guilds. plus loot and marks all will earn which will benefit all for getting better gear
    I have myself got up to the 4th boss in GSB, it is mainly tactics, dont need super stat high gear, although guildies from both guilds would need 200 focus/hit and whatever the raiding stats are for toughness for tanks.
    I know there are people in both guilds who would be up for it im sure would take a bit to arrange although re numbers attending, but that can be sorted in time.
    We atm in Corrosion are encouraging our guildies, and are actively helping them with expert dungeons to get them better gear, so that if they want to raid, they, gear wise will be ready. However let me know re this guys
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 08-17-2011, 02:14 PM

Waaa a lot has happened... Well I admit the officer was me lol... which is obvious since I am the only one that was online for the last two weeks >_> IT WAS ALL ARI!!! XP However, while I did agree with balaam I also said that I will stick with the guild as long as it has fun and active members. It's just very annoying that every time I go off for a bit and come back I find a lot of my former friends have left the guild :/ For instance I did just get back yesterday yet vark, balaam, gravon and a couple others have left due to one reason or another :/ It seems like we really need more lv50's that will stick with us and all three of them were those kind of players. Also being one of the oldest guilds on the server with so few 50s is again disheartening! This might be just my point of view and I don't blame you if you don't share it (and I told balaam about it) but I think a major problem for our guild are not the current members, but the former. They seem incapable of letting go, yet at the same time do not really benefit the guild in any ways. I of course cherish some of those connections that players have, however not all are beneficial for PCG. One proposition I had was to move shards, however I understand that this will be hard and we will lose even more members, as well as our lv13, that we all worked hard to achieve. This again is what I believe is the problem, also lolly I know you probably felt disheartened by my conversation with balaam so if you wish I will step down as an officer to a member level, or if really needed I can leave the guild :O though I hope it doesn't come to that

Last edited by shamane55; 08-17-2011 at 02:17 PM.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 08-17-2011, 02:43 PM

Just to clear things up a bit
    1 NO one from PCG or Corr told me anything, I hear because I was there
    2 Balaam I don't care what you think, you are no longer a member of PCG
    3 Miss Your doing a great job and will continue and I'll talk to you in officer chat.
    4 everyone get off of the negative stuff look at the good bits, ie the raid leader position, joint raid ect. Also the arrival of someone from PCG, who might even be in the guild already!!!!!!, that'll get all the conspir theroys out and paranoid members thinking
    also post your Rift stories so we can get them in the mag and some exposure in it. Fed up of reading about eve and wow in it and how good those games are it's time for us to shiney (pun intended)
    Lastly Miss your right peeps leave PCG but can't seem to let go and post crap as a leaving present to cause more drama.