Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Rift

Closed Thread

#1   Report Post  
    Old 08-15-2011, 08:47 PM

Unhappy Do You Want Me To Stand Down?

I'm at my wits end with the guild I think I was made Officer when there was a bust up with members and Shiny was formed although knew nothing about it at the time and started forming raids I think we had 17 people on the first for The desert Queen but failed although we got her near and then success [url]http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10105[/url]

Arry was the sole GL and than a bunch of us were made GL Ive tried to get raid up as often as we can but people recently not been turning up apart from Wed night yet people are leaving because were not raiding some the people not turning up.

Every leaving a punch in the guts Ive tried my hardest to get things going but I just don't know what people are wanting and I'm very despondent. It was not a job I asked for but no one else seemed to want to do it and when we were doing so well at what we were doing and then people started leaving, Im at a loss.

The guild built up to a very nice level were 37th on the realm which may not seem high but you want to see how many guild there are on it. We have some very nice guild perks as well.

I just feel I'm baning my head against a wall.

Last edited by Garrett; 08-15-2011 at 10:44 PM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 08-16-2011, 09:52 AM

If you stood down the guild would probably fold tbh which would be unfair on the members that are in the guild. I do understand how you would get dissolusioned when level 50's are leaving on a regular basis putting the guild backwards all the time and we do seem to be a guild for people to just level up and move onto other things.
    As you have probably noticed i haven't been on much myself, the reason being that i have lost my appitite for the game after all the trouble 2-3 weeks ago. I haven't said anything upto now but according to Aridale people i thought were friends were being told things about me by you Dark, which in turn has resulted in bad blood between myself and 2-3 people from corrosion and has left a bitter taste in my mouth with regards to you, PCG and the game in general. And what makes things worse is the fact that others that i do get on with have left PCG and joined them which has left me even more dissolusioned, because when we raid with Corrosion i feel very uncomfortable with the whole situation which is why i am usually very quiet keep my opinions and input to myself as people will probably get the wrong end of the stick due to the wrong impression they now have of me. I promised Missle i would stay with PCG for 2 weeks after the majority left to see how things went and hopefully improved but the guild has gone backwards and we have even less active level 50's then at any other time i have been in the guild.
    So at the moment i am unsure myself what i will be doing, whether it's to quit the game completely or move shards and start again because at the moment rift for me is not enjoyable as the only time we ever do anything worthwhile that i can do on my Cleric is with people that now dislike me, which is very uncomfortable for me at least.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 08-16-2011, 12:39 PM

Cool

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Balaam View Post
    As you have probably noticed i haven't been on much myself, the reason being that i have lost my appitite for the game after all the trouble 2-3 weeks ago. I haven't said anything upto now but according to Aridale people i thought were friends were being told things about me by you Dark, which in turn has resulted in bad blood between myself and 2-3 people from corrosion and has left a bitter taste in my mouth with regards to you, PCG and the game in general.
    Lets clear this up I said nothing to Aran or Air thats not been said by you on the forum, from my understanding the issue was about loot rolls which you posted about in reply to my post on it. After reading you post disagreeing with you I spoke to Aran and Air being friends and one being a mage as my char and one being a cleric as yourself no other players anywhere near that level if any were online at the time from PCG and I asked there opinion.

Ive raided with you a lot, invited you to raids and been asked by you also to join you in party which we have and at no time had disagreements or had issues with you as a player what so ever and been happy to have you in the group.

The forum is an open forum for all Rift and even those that don't play it and can be read by anyone.And if I discussed an issue posted by you on the forum and asking someones opinion on them its hardly telling tales out of school.

Last edited by Garrett; 08-16-2011 at 12:47 PM.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 08-16-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    Lets clear this up I said nothing to Aran or Air thats not been said by you on the forum, from my understanding the issue was about loot rolls which you posted about in reply to my post on it. After reading you post disagreeing with you I spoke to Aran and Air being friends and one being a mage as my char and one being a cleric as yourself no other players anywhere near that level if any were online at the time from PCG and I asked there opinion.

Ive raided with you a lot, invited you to raids and been asked by you also to join you in party which we have and at no time had disagreements or had issues with you as a player what so ever and been happy to have you in the group.

The forum is an open forum for all Rift and even those that don't play it and can be read by anyone.And if I discussed an issue posted by you on the forum and asking someones opinion on them its hardly telling tales out of school.
    Well when i spoke to Ari when all the trouble kicked off he told me it was because you had been speaking to them saying i complained about loot/drops and was pushy, aggressive and bossy. That is the reason i posted the "Annoyed & Angry" thread on these forums because it had been made out to me that peoples perceptions of me have been formed on the word of others..... ie you. I mean me posting on a forum saying clerics need int as well as wisdom is hardly me moaning about loot is it? Because i have never complained once about loot or drops from anything i have done in this game. Infact here is what i said.... "Clerics need Int + Wisdom. Wisdon increases their spell power for bigger heals and mana regen but they also need a decent mana pool for longer fights in raid content from Int. If a cleric is AOE healing believe me their mana soon drains when heals cost 230+ mana per cast. " i'm not even disagreeing with you, im just stating a point, thats it, and i had no problem with your suggestion at all.

At the end of the day it seems people have talked crap about me behind my back or i am being lied to by people that have no reason to lie and this is what has put me off playing this game because of all the backstabbing and bullshit. You only have to look at my activity since all this crap happened to see how much it got me down and pissed me off as i've gone from being on for 4-5 hours a day and doing lots of dungeons and rifts to being on for 30 minutes or so (mainly on an alt) maybe every 2-3 days.

I won't do anything until i have spoken to Missle at least because he is the only person that has gave me any support and listened to my side of things when all the shit kicked off and he also can't believe the stuff that i have supposedly done or been like because he knows it's a load of crap too and was pretty shocked when i told him them, afterall he's the only person i rip the piss out of and have a go at and he knows it's all done in fun and jest.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 08-16-2011, 05:20 PM

At no point have I ever said you complained about loot apart from you disagreening on what stats a cleric needs.
    Did I not pass you an item with main stats with Intelligence on the night before I posted about Loot Allocation. If I had said you been complaining about loot I would released at the time Int was ment for Mages and Wisdom for Clerics. It was only the last loot roll where a strength item dropped and a Rogue asked me if they could roll on it and I said no, did I the following day start looking into stat allocation loot did I realize Id made a mistake the night before the night before I did not even metion you were the winner of the item.

There a bit of a gap between saying your disagreeing with loot drops and complaining about loot drops.

Intelligence may be a good stat for Clerics but Wisdom is a better and vise verse and thought it fair Mages got first chance at Int loot and Clerics. y the way I spoke to a Cleric in one of the top guilds that was walking round in T3 gear not T3 ready gear and asked if an item with pure Int on and one with pure Wis dropped which would they go for and they said Wisdom as the mana regeneration absolutely pawned Int with all the mana regen they got from it.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 08-16-2011, 05:34 PM

Right I will state my view of the situation. Dark did speak to Air and I re loot rolls.
    Airmid, Dark and I know that clerics use intelligence and focus, however it is not your primary stat. As you know Balaam, it is wisdom. When it comes to loot rolls in raids, everything has to be done fairly. If you have healer as main spec, then wisdom is what you need to increase far above the others. i know clerics use intelligence too, and also focus when it comes to ranged dps, but you have to realise that there are mages firstly and foremost in the raid who need intelligence (being it our main stat) above you needing it.
    When looting,there is basically rules that primary stats first warrior - strength, rogues - dexterity, clerics - wisdom and mages intelligence, that way it makes it fair. if you put it this way, how would you feel if a mage rolled on something for a cleric? its has to be fair for everyone, and this way is the fairest.
    if no ones rolls on the item for say a mage, then it would be open to clerics secondly. otherwise there would be a lot of disputes in loot rolls, that there needn't be.
    Dark did say that your temperament change when he mentioned to you about the loot rolls. Dark is a guild leader, and you should respect what he says, he is trying to make things fair for the whole raid team state you opinion, but he has the final say re the loot rolls. and it came across as if you were arguing about that.
    i have no bad blood with you, but being honest balaam, you have come on this forum, critisising Dark and Lolly as guild leaders, which i hardly think is fair as they are great people, good friends and i have a lot of respect for them both
    Its not a case of backstabbing at all, but as GLs we do talk about our guildies from time to time, about progression, their gear, how their coming along etc. its is our jobs to make the guild a comfortable place for them.
    Regarding moving your alt over to Corrosion, we were puzzled, as we thought you liked it in PCG. you said that you would give it two weeks at PCG. you said that there was a lot of low levels on our guild so thats why you moved. even though there is plenty of lower levels to play with on PCG. One of the first things you said on guild chat also was talking about raiding, this is when Corrosion was 4 days old. there was no way at that point we were raiding and tbh i didnt want to scare the lower levels off in our guild with talk of raids, as not all people want to do them.
    i know the forums are a place to air your views, but I have read some of the posts you have made and they do come across as pushy and aggressive, esp towards the guild leaders and how they are dealing with things. also when someone has pointed out you are at fault, you do not seem to like it. whether you are implying it that way, that is the way it comes across to people who are reading unfortunately. im not judging you at all, its just the way you can come across at times.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 08-16-2011, 09:40 PM

Right so Dark says all he has said to people is i disagreed with what stats a Cleric needs, erm i never disagreed with you at all i just said clerics need int too. Can you please point out where i have disagreed with your suggestion regarding loot rolls regarding what classes get what in our raids etc? because i actually agree with them!!!! Also if this is all you have apparently said then why is Aran posting and i quote "Dark did say that your temperament changed when he mentioned to you about the loot rolls", seriously wtf? firstly you haven't spoken to me about loot rolls!! Where and how has my tempremant changed? Are you saying me saying on the forum that clerics need int too is my temperament chaning? So someone is full of BS here as you are boths saying different things as dark says all he has mentioned is me disagreeing with him, which i never lol!!!!

Dark that item you say you passed.... it had +17 wisdon and +Int, so how would you decide who gets it when both stats are the same and other clerics also rolled? Just because i won a random roll that makes me the bad guy and gives you the right to talk about me to others and then decide to fecth a new rule in so it can't happen again?

Aran as i have said before i spoke about raiding with regards to PCG & Corrosion raiding together, are you lowbies so sensitive that this would scare them? especially when 3 weeks later Air is spamming Meridian chat with recruitment ads saying you aim to raid end game content?

Yes the forums are a place to air your views, and i might sound pushy and pissed off, but wouldn't you be when you are fighting your corner because other people just talk shit about you?

All i am seeing is people contradict each other and talk crap to be honest in order to not lose face, you say 1 thing, dark says another, ari says another and air says another. Theres no wonder im dissolusioned with the whole thing and hardly log on anymore is there.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 08-16-2011, 10:34 PM

The fact is that you are constantly arguing with guild leaders about their decisions and undermining them at every turn. Then pushing constantly for raids when people are not geared for them. All I have ever heard from you is constant bickering and moaning about minor things. I can't comment on loot rolls as I wasn't there, and without seeing the full set of stats for the item it's hard to distinguish whether or not it was best suited for a particular class.

There was no mention of a raiding alliance between PCG and Corrosion apart from the usual weekly Akala raid. Anything else would have been purely meant for the distant future, as not very many members in either guild are geared for them at all. As soon as you brought your alt to the guild, the first thing you mentioned was doing raids. Why even mention them if your intention of joining was to have fun? That is for a guild leader to decide anyway, at the right time when people feel it is time for them to progress.

Yes I have been mentioning endgame content in recruitment messages as that is the only way to get people in the guild who are at level 50 and intend to do more than T1's/2's all the time because there is a limit on what level of gear you can get in them. Also it distinguishes us from other levelling guilds out there who lose members once they reach max level.

Plus, it is an option. If people want to just take things casually and not even bother with raiding then it is up to them. We will never be, nor do we want to be, a hardcore guild. I have been recruiting people of all levels not just level 50 as this is meant to be a social guild first and foremost, without all of the arguing, pettiness, and egotism...

I think yes it would probably be best if you either gave the game a rest, or switched to a different shard/guild, as you are clearly one who likes to upset the apple-cart just for the sake of it, else there wouldn't be a constant moan from you about something that happened weeks/months ago. If you are unhappy and want to do raiding, then go to a hardcore guild who can offer you that, not continually airing your grievances to guild leaders all the time.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 08-16-2011, 11:05 PM

Well if it was not a disagreement why the post you did, its a bit like every class coming on saying they need the stat an other class main stat priority is, I do know other classes need stats other classes have a priority on.

You say you I said you complain about loot drops why would I say that when you haven't. Ive told you the reason why I looked in to the stats and if you want Ill ask the person to come and post on the forums who asked to roll on an item that had more strength on than dex and who was a rogue in the guild at the time. Think Ive got a vendetta against you for some unknown reason? Why would I say you complaind about the loot when I gave it you, you would have only compkained if Id given it to somone else

And if the ring had equal amounts of int and wis on that only goes to prove peoples recollection of things change even over a 24 hour period.

And if Aran said I said you temperament change there certainly been a misunderstanding between us. You seem to think there's a conspiracy between us I read Arans post just after she posted it as I picked up on it as well, PCG Rift is my launch page if there was a conspiracy I would have asked her to alter what you just mentioned I'm sure in the 4 hours took you come to read it we could have cooked something up but as I say there been a misunderstanding. If I been devious I would have asked her to change it or gone back in my post and edited it.

As for trouble with loot I would have told you on the spot in game my thoughts. I told the rogue who asked for a strength main stat item, Ive told 2 other people thing you class as something dire in game and are still in the guild and are friends with me.

Even after the other thread Ive welcomed you to raids, runs etc and accept your invites yet at this late date you still want to open old wounds insted of geting on with the game.

Last edited by Garrett; 08-16-2011 at 11:17 PM.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 08-17-2011, 06:12 AM

See you, GL for the future. Can't be doing with all the bullshit, backstabbing and lies, i'm off.
    Closed Thread