Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Magazine and site talk

#1   Report Post  
    Old 07-18-2010, 04:43 PM

Default Don't do that to me, PCG!

So I sit down to enjoy my latest issue (#204 Sept 2010) of PC Gamer yesterday afternoon, and, as I always do, start at the begininng of the magazine. But when I turn to page 5, I am instantly horrified to see Dan and Evan's usual photos under the "Whodunit" section missing!

For a split second and a half, I immediately thought that Dan and Evan were no longer parts of PCG. I of course reconciled myself with the fact that they still were with a quick glance up at said page's editorial lineup. But it was a sad few seconds' worth during that brief moment when I thought the PCG family was being downsized!

Anyway...in all seriousness, my point is that, as a long time subscriber of your wonderful periodical, I feel that this current roster of Logan, Evan, Dan, Josh, Erik and co. is the best team you've ever assembled. The improvements to PCG since Logan took over as EIC have been awesome!

I realize that, especially in this craptacular economic climate, business can be an uncertain monster to deal with, and it's of course possible we PCG readers might and will someday see one of you fine gents leave the magazine for whatever reason.

But, here's just one more very satisfied reader reminding your guys that you're doing a great job and that I appreciate all of your contributions.........except Anchovy the Edit Squirrel...what the hell does he do anyway? : )

#2   Report Post  
    Old 07-18-2010, 05:01 PM

I've been wondering about that squirrel too. Sure they can spell better than cats, but everyone knows squirrels have terrible news judgment.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 07-18-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seamonkeydoo View Post
    i've been wondering about that squirrel too. Sure they can spell better than cats, but everyone knows squirrels have terrible news judgment.
    lmao! Heeeeheh
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 07-19-2010, 01:04 AM

Ha, thank you for your concern, but Evan and I are just fine! We both took some vacation time recently, so a lot of the major stuff in the mag was written by other people, and we wanted to highlight their work.

Thanks for all the praise - we'll keep doing what we're doing!
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 07-19-2010, 01:39 AM

Hope the vacations were enjoyable
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 07-22-2010, 01:55 AM

Default Stella!

I am still not sure how one becomes a senior editor at PC gaming magazine having never played Starcraft...It's like becoming a movie critic without ever seeing Psycho, or On the Waterfront. The order or succession at PCG seems to be simply a progression of who happen to be next in line.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 07-23-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by joblue View Post
    I am still not sure how one becomes a senior editor at PC gaming magazine having never played Starcraft...It's like becoming a movie critic without ever seeing Psycho, or On the Waterfront. The order or succession at PCG seems to be simply a progression of who happen to be next in line.
    Never played Starcraft?!?! Oh the horror! I just can't believe that someone who has never played Starcraft is... uh... wait a sec. I've never played Starcraft.

Never mind.

<Intel i7 920DO @ 3.6> <EVGA X58 SLI LE> <EVGA GTX275 896 SC> <x3 2GB Corsair DDR3 1600> <x2 WD 7200rpm 500GB HDD> <CM 690 case> <Corsair TX850W> <Acer X233H 23" monitor> <Ideazon Merc Stealth KB> <Logitech G9 mouse>