Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > General Articles

#1   Report Post  
    Old 08-03-2011, 12:03 AM

Post MMO Champ finds next xpac name

Here: [URL="http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2399-Mists-of-Pandaria"]clicky[/URL]

Dum spiro spero - While I breathe, I hope.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(Link)
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 08-03-2011, 12:11 AM
    Banned

Pandarens... what. This seems unlikely somehow. That said they are just about the only land in the lore that I know which hasn't been used yet.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 08-03-2011, 07:54 AM

To be fair, Blizz pulled a retcon out of their ass with uldum.
    "Oh, look Deathwings demise has lifted the veil and there's a new continent in the world"
    If Metzen pulls that, he goes to the top of my "Game Designer who need kickin inna fruit" list.
    And remember, I play 40k, so I'm used to inconsistencies!

Quote:
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(Link)

Last edited by Antonius; 08-03-2011 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Iphinne splling is dmb
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 08-04-2011, 06:23 AM

Pandaria isn't the only untouched place in the lore, we have the emerald dream that we've hardly seen still
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 08-05-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zimzal View Post
    Pandaria isn't the only untouched place in the lore, we have the emerald dream that we've hardly seen still
    Blizz Game Designers: "Hey, Gregg? What's with this patent document?"
    Ghostcrawler: "The "Mists of Pandaria" one?"
    BGD: "Yeah..."
    G: "Yeah, I'm just f*ckin' with the nerds. The servers need some more Crystal QQ. It'll fix the lag."

I think I'm going to find and repost that p*ss-take post...

Quote:
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 08-05-2011, 06:19 PM

ROFL Antonius
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 08-05-2011, 10:55 PM

Default Definitions! Redux

Originally posted waaaaaay back when we moved over to these forums.
    I reckon people need to see them again.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    Here is a list of some WoW definitions that some of you may find helpful.

Spoiler Warning: This Article is Silly.

Patch Day: The time that Blizzard use to maintain the servers, feed the Hamsters powering them and refill the power cells. These power cells are filled with the crystal clear tears cried by people on the WoW Forums. See QQ.

QQ: aka The Beast Itself; The Wailing of Nations; "That Bunch of Social Misanthropes in their Mother's Basements". The primary purpose of the wow-europe.com and worldofwarcraft.com forums. Blizzard uses these for 3 Primary Purposes.
    1. Informing the Players of Issues and Announcments; Usually done by Ghostcrawler.
    2. Generating clean, renewable energy. This is done by way of 1. The properties of the player base, when exposed to logic, the internet and other anonymous people, generates a pure, incandescent material, called QQ by the masses. This QQ has more power and nerd rage per cc than even experimental nuclear fusion.
    3. Containing the player base. By knowing where most of the whiners and malcontent are, Blizzard has effectively kept the rest of the internet safe from the undirected and potentially harmful venting of 11 Million Addicted Nerds (or as Activision calls them; The Money-Farm)

Ghostcrawler: Lead Systems Designer; Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street. Ex-Marine Biologist, and Chief Nerd Wrangler for Blizzard. A God among men; Greg Street gave up a peaceful life studying and poking at bloodthirsty Great White Sharks with only a thin wire mesh between him and them for a career where he now studies and pokes at bloodthirsty WoW Addicts (see: Player) with only a keyboard, display and hidden IP address between them.
    Greg Street spends his days cajoling, explaining and enraging players, in a delicate balance where even Machiavelli would think that he was a genius. Has a strange love of anemones.

Player: Gamer; Enthusiast; Addict; Nerd; Geek; Names and descriptions used to describe a particular breed of person. This normally relatively sane person has been known to become enraged at the slightest thing (See: QQ). Also known to engage in strange, social activities, despite the breed being typically anti-social. (See: Raid; PUG; Heroics)
    Has been known to be exceptionally susceptible to the mental disease known as Purple Fever.
    Only known source of QQ.

Raid: Collection of 10 or 25 Players, gathered together for numerous purposes. These include:[INDENT]1. Killing Bosses - this is preferred by Blizzard
    2. Engaging in Purple Fever; or "Farming for Epic Lootz" (Note: No definition Exists, too vague)
    3. To sign up for and commit to anywhere between 10 minutes and 3 hours of complete attention, awareness, tactical acumen and know-how (See: Fantasy). Usually however none of this is done.
    4. To scream at other Players. Depending on your role this can be:[INDENT]a. Raid Leader: At the rest of the Raid
    b. DPS: Players who play a class that involves little to no discernible mental activity. If their fingers were not moving and a steady stream of bile and vitriol issuing forth from their lips, it could be assumed these individuals were actually in a coma.
    c. Tanks: Usually busy taking and holding "aggro" from multiple targets; this includes Bosses, Trash Mobs, Healers and DPS. Generally taken for granted, they tend to be solid individuals. Usually from being repeatedly stepped on by Mobs several stories taller than them.
    d. Healers: Healing class in game. Individuals most likely to save a Raid from failure. Also most likely to have a nervous breakdown from enaging in what is supposed to be an entertaining pastime. Possibly affected by mental issues, beer or other substances.[/INDENT]5. To be "AFK"
    6. To Stand in The Fire.[/INDENT]Heroic: 5 Man version of Raid. Displays all the same attributes in smaller scale. Usually PUG'ged

PUG: Pick Up Group; Collection of disparate Players brought together randomly for the pursuit of Loot, Ulcers and Mental Hysteria. Development by Blizzard of the Random Dungeon Group Tool can be posited as an attempt to further collect and refine pure QQ in-game.

Blizzard: Game Developer; The World's Largest Drug Pusher; Research Organisation in the field of Nerd-Power and QQ-Generation.

More Later!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    More Definitions:

Guild: Loose-knit collection of individuals that gather together for mutual benefit. These benefits are usually to Raid; to PVP; to generate Drama.

PVP: Player Vs Player. Where the skill in WoW is purported to be by those who engage in PvP. Where the skill in WoW is purported to not be, according to those that do not engage in it.
    Generally, PvP can be considered to take more reaction time and skill as your primary opponent is a Human, rather than a computer controlled NPC as in Raids. Raid Leaders disagree with this, as apparently, nothing can beat Human for sheer stupidity. (See: Fire)

Drama: Natural Method of QQ generation. What happens when you collect a bunch of egotistical, bloody minded, loot hungry anonymous Players together under a banner of any sort. Creation of Drama has been likened to Nuclear Fission in a reactor where someone has replaced the lead control bars with enriched uranium.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by greenbeermonkey View Post
    Drama: See Also: Raid Panic

Raid Panic: Turns full fledged hardcore Raid Members into weak-kneed sobbing, blubbing pansies. Usually caused by the Raid Leader or another vital element (e.g. Main Tank/Healer) not logging on at the prescribed time. Other effects caused by Raid Panic are influx of soft drink/beer consumption, pretzel overload and sweating.

Quote: