Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Magazine and site talk

#11   Report Post  
    Old 07-19-2010, 09:21 AM

I can't even handle all the PC games that come out, I can't imagine owning every single console too. I'd go insane.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 07-19-2010, 10:10 AM

Yeah, it's probably why I complete so few of them...
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 07-19-2010, 01:56 PM

That's business, if someone is handing over enough moolah then the Marketing people at Future will accept it!

And as others have said, people don't just own one platform. I for one play games on my PC and PS3...though I the latter I haven't touched for 2 weeks now.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 07-19-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    That's business, if someone is handing over enough moolah then the Marketing people at Future will accept it!
    In the US mag there is an ad for "rave gear" every month with some woman in a bikini with glowsticks... quite odd, not only for a lack of taste but also because I can't imagine the number of PC gamer ravers is that high.

It doesn't bother me, just like the console ads don't bother me, but it just sets off the old "odd-o-meter."
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 07-22-2010, 11:06 PM

Thumbs up It's ok.

It is ok to play games on consoles and PCs. You aren't betraying anyone. Just as long as you enjoy yourself, that is what is most important. I favor my PC because it has most of the kind of games I like, but my PS3 and PS2 get some time too. Plus, I hope to add an Xbox 360 to my entertainment center for Rock Band. That's the great part about being an adult gamer with a job: I can have all the platforms!

Most magazines have an advertisement department that is separate from the writers and editors, so as to avoid conflicts of interest. I have read that editors do not control or decide on advertising content. Besides, the advertising dollars help keep this great magazine going, so that's good.