Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer

#1   Report Post  
    Old 08-01-2011, 11:40 AM

Default Why all the Heavy hate?

Logged on to TF2 over the weekend, couldn't get the "Join Random Server" thing to work... dunno why... I seem to always have problems with Steamworks server browsers.

So anyways, I join the PCG server, always have a bit of a laugh on there, if I'm not rage swearing and spitting at my monitor at the spies and snipers... but then, I play a heavy, what can I expect.

Anyways... I join in, and I get some impressive kills going (for me, anyway, I'm terrible at this game) and the chat started filling with "OMG HEAVIES!" "OMG SO HARD TO PLAY" "OMG LEARN TO PLAY"

Probably not directed at me in any way as I believe there were a few of us running around as Heavies.

But it got me thinking... why all the hate?? Is it a nab class to play?? OP??

If you think so, I'm suprised! As a Heavy, I near enough hate every other class! Snipers are dicks. Spies are dicks. And yet everyone was raging on the Heavies

This made me sad. Very sad. As the Heavy said in the Movie Cartoon. I. Just like. To shoot. My gun!

I heart the Heavy. Not because he is OP(? I don't think so). Nor because he is good. Nor because I'm good. But becaues the Heavy makes me smile.

Simple things and all.

Last edited by Tykh02; 08-01-2011 at 04:20 PM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 08-01-2011, 11:52 AM

Whoops! Completely missed the Team Fortress 2 sub-forum! Was suprised I couldn't see one, what with all the love you guys have for this game. Its like a Bro-mance!
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 08-04-2011, 11:51 PM

The Heavy is a good class for beginners to learn to use, so some people assume all those who play him are newbies.

Such people generally end up shredded trying to assault a minigun guarded corner.