Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Rift > General Discussion

Closed Thread

#1   Report Post  
    Old 07-30-2011, 09:01 PM

Default Annoyed & Angry

OK i feel i need to make this post after the events of today which have left me annoyed, angry & very upset.
    This morning i joined Air & Arans guild on my lowbie lvl 14 alt as there are a lot of characters in that guild around that level so i joined so i could do lowbie dungoens with them and level that character if i had any spare time and nothing was happening with our guild (in the day forinstance). We were all talking fine and laughing and joking and everything were fine, then in the middle of the afternoon i logged on to my alt to discover it had been kicked from their guild, so i tried speaking to Aello, Aran & Air to see what was happening and i got completely blanked by every one of them, infact Air even had me on ignore.
    I eventually got hold of somebody else i know in their guild and he told me the reason i was kicked and nobody was speaking to me was because, and i quote "Something to do with **** or ***** (i have removed the names for now) telling Air about you moaning over loot in dungeons and being bossy", I also get the impression there has been a lot more said but who i was speaking too didn't really want to get involved and wouldn't divulge anything else that had been said and i respected his decision and didn't persue it anymore.
    Now if this is true then this has really pissed me off. Yes i can be bossy at times but that's only because when we do something like a DRR that i want us to do well and be the best we can as a guild. also i've NEVER once moaned about loot, why should i when i've been very fortunate with loot i have won and worked hard to get?
    But as i said it seems more then these 2 things have been said about me as i highly doubt those 2 reasons alone would warrant people that i thought were my friends ingame would completely ignore me and kick my lowbie alt out of their guild.
    So as i am getting no answers from Air or Aran and the only thing i know is that no longer speaking to me due to things somebody in PCG leadership has been saying about me to them that i would like this person to grow some and either pm me on here or ingame and explain why and what they have said exactly instead of bad mouthing me to others behind my back, because this has got to me so much that atm i am contemplating whether to quit this game completely over this.

Last edited by Balaam; 07-30-2011 at 09:09 PM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 07-30-2011, 09:50 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Thunderchild82

And there is the reason Im no longer GM of PCG to much bullshit behind my back, and you all think I broke your guild. TUT TUT.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 07-31-2011, 08:58 AM

Balaam don't quit!!! (Missle speaking) You are one of the best healers I've known, and even if you win all the loot whenever I am in a group with you, you aren't bossy and you don't whine either :O Idk why someone would say that you do those things, but I think I know you really well and you are really, really cool. Also talizorah from what I know there were more reasons to your expulsion from the guild :O But ye, Balaam DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON't DO IT!!!
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 07-31-2011, 09:24 AM

First off Balaam, you're a liar regarding the reason for joining our guild as your alt. We were unaware as to who you were when you were invited. All you whispered in reply to the recruitment message was "invite pls". After you were invited, you did explain who you were but then said your reason for joining the guild was that you would move your main char over to ours after two weeks if things were not improving in PCG raid-wise . I'm sorry but that just feels like you are using both of the guilds for your own ends.

Futhermore, as soon as you entered guild chat. You started off going on about doing raids etc. I'm sorry, but our guild has only existed for 5 days. First things first eh? Even Shiny have not yet completed GSB. I'm sure there are a number of other guilds out there who have not yet done so either. If you are itching to raid, then I would suggest contacting a hardcore guild who is best suited to your needs. Mentioning endgame and high-tier content so early in a guild's life is very off-putting to the lower level members out there, and even to level 50's who are not fully geared.

We reserve the right to have whoever we want in our guild. After discussion with the other officers/leaders, we felt it would be best to kick your alt from the guild. We have heard from numerous sources that you do like to push your ideas forward and can come across as aggressive over trivial matters. As we like to avoid in-game squabbling, that is the reason you were ignored.

As for Talizorah piping up. You had your chance, and you almost destroyed the guild. You kicked Branwen out after she had had enough with you constantly harrassing/stalking her over where she was/what she was doing etc. It seems it was more of a dictatorship under your "command".
    You were given an ultimatum to leave but weren't budging. That is why she and a lot of the other members left to form Shiny.

Aran, Aello, Aridale and myself all wish PCG well. We did have some great times there, and will miss a lot of people, but for various reasons, we left for pastures new. We bear no malice towards PCG, and I hope it will continue.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 07-31-2011, 09:44 AM
    Insane Moderator

Er.... Not sure what's going on, but this is PCG guild, not any alt guild or friends of alts or alts of alts.com

PCG EU Rift guild, remains firmly a neutral, casual, friendly, social guild and if there is any major issue, it's advised you take it to the officers, leaders or PM myself as I am always contactable via these forums.

P.S - I will let this post continue so people can reply, but if it becomes a flame fest, I will just close it down. Keep it civil.

Last edited by Olgit; 07-31-2011 at 09:47 AM.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 07-31-2011, 09:57 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Thunderchild82

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shamane55 View Post
    Balaam don't quit!!! (Missle speaking) You are one of the best healers I've known, and even if you win all the loot whenever I am in a group with you, you aren't bossy and you don't whine either :O Idk why someone would say that you do those things, but I think I know you really well and you are really, really cool. Also talizorah from what I know there were more reasons to your expulsion from the guild :O But ye, Balaam DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON't DO IT!!!

Please get facts right, I left guild on my own accord and moved to a raiding guild. Plus the guild was doing fine until I had issue with 1 or 2 members or which casue the crack in PCG. It happens get over it. But before the issue's PCG was one of the stronger casual social guild's on the server and we were very close to full time raiding. So I cant be that bad.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 07-31-2011, 10:09 AM
    Insane Moderator

I can confirm, Talizorah left of his own accord though I do admit, I helped him make his choice and looking back, I am sure he's greatful that he did, since he's one of the best kitted players around now.

He did so, giving the guild time to heal after a major eruption. His part in the proceedings is but one side of the events leading up to many member's leaving. Two sides to each story folks and those that left, could not trust me or PCG to deal with it, so left of their own accord. This basically killed our raiding team and many left to continue raiding with them to gain as much out of the game as possible.

I am also aware, that he continues to have a character within the guild, though I don't know name or class, but I would never willingly place him into a position of authority back in this guild and I hope he respects the reasons, why.

That being said.... let's knock TZ's role on the head and move on.

Thanks.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 07-31-2011, 10:13 AM

Unhappy

Balaam I find it unfair that you been criticizing the leadership of PCG and not raiding enough I been pushing the guild further that what I seen since I joined and want to take it further but people have to be patient and let people gear up.
    Not everyone has a lot of time to do raid and I know as you said seems some nights there's only a core of us doing dungeons. But as Olgit says this is a friendly and social guild and if people don't want to do dungeons that's their prerogative, they pay there sub and play as they want. I dearly want to progress further into the game and find you a valuable part of the team, I and do listen to comments. I did have the message of the day suggesting people try to do at least 1 dungeon a day to gear up, for a while after our chat but I can only suggest people do it not force them. Id leave a guild that forced me to do anything Id not want to do.

Ive been leveling Cat up to 50 then going to learn tanking with some friend that said they help me and be patient so I could help get dungeon a lot quicker even though my mage is my first and foremost char and probably always will be.

As far as I'm concerned your still welcome in PCG and had may a good run with you as I think you have had with PCG but from what you been saying over at Corrosive (who I resipricat in wishing their guild well) cant see you stopping long and be sad to lose one of our best healers.

Last edited by Garrett; 08-01-2011 at 09:26 AM.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 07-31-2011, 10:30 AM
    Insane Moderator

I would like to be part of a team who can waltz into a dungeon and clear it without me really needing to be there, but can explain in short simple explinations of what I needed to do when I am there.... but that being said, even Branwen knew my tolerance level towards raiding and dying enough that she could still work with me during progressive stuff at the start.... I just swallowed my frustration at times and moved forward.

Since they all left, I have been on... hold. My game has suffered but I also feel that someone has to draw the line. Very few people feel as I do, that this guild is more than one person, one tank, one group and it's worth the time and effort to stay with PCG. With enough people like I, we will get groups going. We will start to form raids.

Time to really step up and knuckle down.... help, rather than hinder us, by leaving. The choice as always is down to you, the player, but it's my hope, you will continue to enjoy your time with PCG.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 07-31-2011, 03:44 PM

Air, i did NOT say i was leaving PCG in 2 weeks. I said i told someone in PCG (who is part of the leadership) that i would stay in PCG for 2 weeks after you lot left to see how things go in terms of rebuilding and recruitment and if things were going well i wouldn't be going anywhere, and the person i told this too was missle who is an officer who will verify that. The only thing i had a little moan about was that nobody was on in PCG and i was bored and that is was like this most days in the daytime (which is why i answered your recruitment spam in Meridian on my alt). I never had any intention of leaving PCG on my main, if that was the case i would have joined your guild on that character from the off. The reason i joined on my alt was because you have a number of characters around that level and when nothing was happening on my main like at that time then i could log onto my alt and have a laugh with the people i considered friends in your guild. Also if you remember the talk about raiding was PCG & Your guild together as an alliance, i even asked if anyone from PCG had spoken to you about a raiding alliance, but i guess you just have a selective memory don't you and are twisting that to make out i was thinking about myself to justify your decision when infact i was thinking about all the people i considered friends in this game doing things together and wasn't thinking about myself at all. And as for me being aggresive, i guess i must have been threatening people with harm and shouting at them eh? Grow up i'm not like that at all, yes i might be opinionated and stick to my guns but i'm not aggresive as shouting at people and being aggresive gets you nowhere which is something you learn over 10 years of running guilds. What gets me the most is the fact that you kicked me after i had gone offline instead of doing it when i was around and telling me why and then you weren't even man enough to tell me why when i asked you ingame after i had logged on, instead putting me on ignore in order to avoid the issue and then come on here and post bullshit and twisting things i said.

Now Dark, I have NEVER had a go about the leadership of this guild or criticised it to anybody. What i have done is post constructive criticism on these forums once with suggestions that could improve the guild in terms of recruitment and trying to get people doing more dungeons etc which is something that wasn't happening. I know you are doing a great job almost single handedly and are trying to push us forward (like suggesting gilded prophecy) and all i have ever tried to do is help you and give suggestions, whether you take them on board or not is your perogative.

I have never had any intention of leaving, but things need sorting out if this guild is to progress as you want it, we even lost 2 more T2/3 geared level 50 people yesterday which is something that can't keep happening. I have taken the day away from Rift today and gone fishing to chill ,relax and to help clear my head. What bothers me more then anything and has upset me the most is that people i considered friends in game have got the wrong impression of me, lied and twisted things i have said and have clearly had nothing better to do then talk shit about me behind my back instead of having the guts to man up and say it to my face or even talk to me in a game and resolve issues, afterall at the end of the day it's a game that people play for fun not to have their personality and character ripped to pieces so they are on the verge of quitting the game completely.

Last edited by Balaam; 07-31-2011 at 04:57 PM.
    Closed Thread