Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Rift > General Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 07-22-2011, 02:20 PM

Cool 10 Man Raid Dungeon Gilded Prophecy

Just found out there is a 10 man raid instance. I'm thinking of running this on Sunday's night as a trial. Probably start at 8pm UK, 7 game for 2 hours and maybe longer if we are making progress As no one has the get home from work.

Ive not looked into this yet but will over the next few days or week to either try and run it this Sunday (23th ot next 31st).

If we can do this successful I would like to introduce DKP if I can get someone to organise this.

DKP is a system where you earn points for your efforts and go to buying gear that drops off the bosses or trash. This is a fair system that rewards effort.rather than luck. Its sort of a wage if you like, and stops lucky people winning everything and unlucky people from turning up week after week and loosing out.
    It also stops say a regular member just needs 1 item for a full set loosing out to someone who's just come on the raid for the first time.

Discuss.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 07-22-2011, 05:20 PM

I'm a big fan of DKP, so I would support this!
    Boomshakalaka - 25 Rogue

Yup... I like alts....
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 07-22-2011, 06:28 PM

[SIZE="4"]I don't know if you know Dark but i was raid leader of one of the best WoW guilds in Europe which involved my organising raids, strategies, roles for people so everyone knew exactly what they were doing on each boss at the raids and also DKP.

Here is a sample of a TotC 10 man Heroic i posted on my WoW guilds forums including lineup, strategy reminders and player roles:[/SIZE]

Tonights lineup and player roles:

TANKS
    Channon
    Tortilla

HEALERS
    Lamename
    Mesho
    Zyxtia

DPS
    Yikyak
    Shirayuki
    Enisia
    Ranjitzu
    Lumine

SUBS (all expected to be online too)
    Yekalis
    Bobba
    Blazed
    Igrock
    Izthy

[size=4]THE BEASTS[/size]
    Read the Strategies Here : [url]http://innercircle-sse.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1396[/url]
    Watch The Video Here: [youtube]oEcCItDmIz0[/youtube]

OK firstly each boss is on a 3 minute timer, so after 3 minutes the next boss will spawn if the previous is still alive.

PHASE 1
    ALL - Spread out, avoid fire and get those snowbolds off quick.

TANKS
    Both pallys take 3 or 4 impales then DS or HoP after the other has taunted

Channon
    Tortilla

TANK HEALERS
    Lamename & Zyxita

RAID HEALER
    Mesho

DPS RESPONSIBILITIES
    Ranged - remove snowbolds from Everyone
    Melee - remove snowbolds from tanks

PHASE 2
    Pretty much same as normal but hid harder and have more HP.
    TANKS
    Who tanks Acidmaw & who tanks dreadscale will be announced in the raid as it depends on who is debuffed.

DEADSCALE TANK HEALER
    Lamename

ACIDMAW TANK HEALER
    Zyxtia

RAID HEALER
    Mesho

DPS RESPONSIBILITIES
    Kill acidmaw first then dreadscale

EVERYONE RESPONSIBILITIES
    If you get the poison debuff go to the dreadscale tank and get it removed by getting the fire debuff

Lamename - Make sure Fire Res aura is on
    Yikyak - Make sure NR totem is down near acidmaw tank

PHASE 3
    Hits harder and NO speed buff when he charges. Also after 3 charges he enrages so DPS must burst cooldowns.

TANK
    Channon

TANK HEALERs
    Lamename & Zyxtia

RAID HEALER
    mesho

[size=4]LORD JARAXXUS[/size]
    Read the Strategies Here : [url]http://innercircle-sse.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1411[/url]
    WATCH THE VIDEO AS IT IS FOR HEROIC MODE: [youtube]-XYS0vpVvnY[/youtube]

RAID ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
    All DPS must DPS the mistress portals then dps her when they spawn. All ranged must DPS volcanoes and infernals.

MT
    Channon

OT
    Tortilla (move mistress of pain next to boss so melee can dps her down too)

TANK HEALER
    Lamename (remember to dispell the Fel Fireball DoT off the tank etc)

TANK AND RAID HEALER
    Zyxtia (if anyone gets incinerate flash debuff heal them as #1 priority)

RAID HEALER
    Mesho (if anyone gets incinerate flash debuff heal them as #1 priority)

DPS RESPONSIBILITIES

All Melee - DPS Portals & Mistress of pain when she is brought over to you, when she is dead then back on the boss.

All ranged - DPS Portals, Mistress of pain and Volcanoes plus the infernals when they are up. When no adds are up DPS the boss

Fel Fireball Interrupter - Yikyak

Nether Power Purger/Spellstealer or Priest Dispell - Zyxtia (Dispel)

[size=4]THE FACTION CHAMPIONS[/size]
    Read the Strategies Here : [url]http://www.downfallguild.org/FactionChampions[/url] & [url]http://wow.zuggaming.com/2009/08/29/faction-champions-boss-strategy-guide/[/url]
    Watch The Video Here: [youtube]M9W9c1xymBk[/youtube]

RAID ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
    The mobs now have PvP trinkets making CC more difficult, also it is recommended that you interrupt both healers while killing some dps first.
    Depends on what NPC's we are up against, we will decide in the raid.

[size=4]THE TWIN VAL'KYR[/size]
    Read the Strategies Here : [url]http://wow.zuggaming.com/2009/08/30/the-twin-val%E2%80%99kyr-boss-strategy-guide/[/url]
    Watch The Video Here: [youtube]ZEniPXvAXNk[/youtube]

1. Tank the 2 Angels semi-close together between LIGHT and DARK Portals.
    2. ALL DPS Get Light Aura --> Dps Dark Angel
    3. When DARK AOE--> Switch to Dark Portal = DPS Switch to Light Angel
    4. Kill Light Angel Shield.
    5. when LIGHT AOE --> Switch to Light Portal = DPS Switch to Dark Angel
    6. DPS Dark Angel Shield.
    7. Rinse and Repeat.
    8. You can start with ALL DPS Light Aura or ALL DPS Dark Aura up to you.
    9. AOE = Free stacks of DMG Buff. So thats why you switch to different angels after AOE.
    10. Ignore Touch of Light/Dark

Edyis Darkbane Tank & Healer:
    Tank - Channon
    Healer - Lamename

Fjola Lightbane Tank & Healer:
    Tank - Tortilla
    Healer - Zyxtia

Tank & raid Healer:
    Mesho

ALL DPS - switch to the Opposite essence of the Twin casting Twins pact to DPS shield away asap!
    Terroristhyl - Interrupt Twins Pact when shield is down
    EVERYONE - Switch to the same essence as the twin casting Vortex

[size=4]ANUB'ARAK[/size]
    Read the Strategies Here : [url]http://www.crusaderscoliseum.com/warcraft-guides-tactics-strategy/crusaders-coliseum-boss-guides/28-guide-anubarak-strategy-crusaders-coliseum-anubarak[/url] & [url]http://wow.zuggaming.com/2009/08/31/anub%E2%80%99arak-boss-strategy-guide/[/url]
    WATCH THE VIDEO AS IT IS FOR HEROIC MODE: [youtube]PlMtNG8D2x0[/youtube]

MT - Channon
    BURROWER TANK - Tortilla (remember to interrupt all shadowstrikes)
    TANK HEALER - Lamename
    TANK & RAID HEALER - Zyxtia
    RAID HEALER - Mesho
    FROST SPHERE BREAKER - Lumine (only break 3 that are far apart per submerge as there are only 6 in total)

[SIZE="4"]
    As you can see pretty well organised and i am willing to do things like this in PCG if people wish and handle the DKP etc. This is how we used DKP, but leaders of PCG could organise DKP how they wish in terms of figures and bonuses etc:[/SIZE]

DKP will be earned and spent in all official raids.

The bidder with the highest DKP will win the item that is bid on. The cost of the item depends on a persons current amount of DKP as follows:
    Minus to 50 DKP - 2 per non-tier item, 3 per tier item.
    51 to 75 DKP - 4 per non-tier item, 5 per tier item.
    76 to 100 DKP - 6 per non-tier item, 7 per tier item.
    101 to 125 DKP - 8 per non-tier item, 9 per tier item.
    126 to 150 DKP - 10 per non-tier item, 12 per tier item.
    151 to 200 DKP - 12 per non-tier item, 14 per tier item.
    200+ DKP - 15 per non-tier item, 20 per tier item.

Guild DKP can be amended at any time on the discretion of leadership if peoples DKP gets too high by either reducing everyones DKP by a certain percentage to close the gap between the highest and lowest DKP standing or Capping individual players.

DKP is awarded for raiding and good attendance and the amount you receive or lose depends on various circumstances as explained below.

* For a full raid you receive 3 DKP
    * For part raids you will receive 2 DKP for over half a raid and 1 DKP for less then half a raid.
    * For signing up and being available as a Sub online from invites to raid start you will receive 1 DKP if you do not get called into the raid.
    * If you sign up and are available for raids whether in the starting line-up or as a sub you will get bonus weekly DKP depending on how many raids you are available for that week, 1 raid = 2 DKP, 2 raids = 4 DKP, 3 Raids = 6 DKP, 4 Raids = 10 DKP, 5 Raids = 15 DKP.
    * If you do not sign up for 3 raids per week for no valid reason you will lose 10 DKP.
    * If you are signed for a raid and selected and do not show up and do not give us notice you will lose 5 DKP (3 DKP if a sub)
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 07-22-2011, 09:22 PM

Cool

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Balaam View Post
    [SIZE="4"]I don't know if you know Dark but i was raid leader of one of the best WoW guilds in Europe which involved my organising raids, strategies, roles for people so everyone knew exactly what they were doing on each boss at the raids and also DKP.

[/SIZE]
    think I read that somewhere before

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Balaam View Post
    My history as a healer in MMO's is pretty knowledgeable as i have played either a healer or tank for many years in different games and i was the Healer Class leader & Raid Leader of 1 of the top raiding guilds in Europe in WoW, so even though this is a different game the basic priciples remain the same.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 07-22-2011, 11:19 PM

Cool

Balaam that's sort of what I was thinking of on the lines of DKP with respect to points given for certain things although exact points not thought of. I also expect gear to be for the main spec eg if a shield dropped Id like it to go to a tank that actually raids tank rather than a off spec, although say we have 3 tanks sign up for a raid and ones asked to go DPS I think they should be allowed to take a shield if they have the most DKP. etc for other classes.

As to minus DKP for not signing up for all the raid, well some people have shifts etc so would not like them to be punished for not signing up for every raid. And points for signing up for more raids already stacks bonuses
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 07-23-2011, 10:35 AM

Cool

Can a mod please change the thread title to 10 Man Raid Dungeon Gilded Prophecy
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 07-23-2011, 10:42 AM

Cool

This is the one I hope to be looking at on Sundays for a start [url]http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Gilded_Prophecy[/url]
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 07-23-2011, 06:48 PM

Cool

Videos of the first boss

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgsD7o6SQ_0[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvCOKKMbAv4[/url]
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 07-23-2011, 10:07 PM

Cool

Can people post beneth if there intrested in this riad this raid. It is a T3 instance, Can you say your roll and if you are near the stats for your class requerments [URL="http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10746"]here.[/URL]
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 07-23-2011, 11:56 PM

Add me as Tank healer main spec, group healer & DPS OS.

My unbuffed stats are:
    Health 4257
    Mana 3395
    Spell Power 895
    Spell Crit 396
    Focus None

Required is:
    Health 4300+
    Mana 3500+
    Spell Power 950+
    Spell Crit 350+
    Focus None

So i'm not too far off, currently working on my T2 gear to hit all stats required. I'll see if i can swap any crit for power tomorrow sometime as i am well over in terms of spell crit.

Last edited by Balaam; 07-24-2011 at 12:01 AM.