Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > General Articles

#31   Report Post  
    Old 07-14-2010, 11:54 PM

Widow Venom has been added to provide a healing debuff, so that being lost doesn't matter, and aspect of the fox allows you to auto shoot while moving. Aimed shot isn't even instant anymore, so there's no loss of mobility by not having it.
      #32   Report Post  
    Old 07-14-2010, 11:56 PM

really aimed shot s only useful for the heal debuff, multi shot shares a cool down with it and hits 3 targets each for the same damage on each target, so really does 3 times the damage, its just a pain if any CC is in use.
      #33   Report Post  
    Old 07-15-2010, 06:01 AM

Aimed Shot is changing significantly anyway, closer to what it used to be - used as an opener and then as an occasional proc.

I know these are in many cases nowhere near finished, but given that, I'm not sure of the point of revealing them in this form. When they announced this new format, they indicated that it was completed as a system, but obviously the trees and abilities won't be balanced until they've been beta tested. But they also said the point of this new system was a) to simplify talent trees (fine, they've done that) and b) provide players with more meaningful choices. That really doesn't seem to be in evidence in these trees. It's pretty clear from looking at them that "optimal" specs - ie, take these talents or you fail - will still exist. In fact in some cases, particular specs (affli warlocks I think was one example I tried) require the player take a point in literally every talent (or every talent that isn't obviously pvp-oriented in the case of ele shamans) in the tree to get to the deepest talent. That might change as the trees are balanced, fine, especially if they make it so you don't need five points in a tier to reach the next one. But the idea that players will be presented with meaningful choices for every talent point seems to have been forgotten so far. Of the specs I looked at, from classes I'm familiar with, only fire mages left me having to make a choice between two equally useful or attractive talents.

That might change - I really hope it does - but even so, it's a bit of a let down not to see this new design aesthetic applied from the start.
      #34   Report Post  
    Old 07-15-2010, 10:03 AM

Lightbulb

OK, if these don't change much this looks like the spec is what I'll be taking as Enhance main spec come cata:
    [url]http://www.wowtal.com/#k=-YAApsg.9mn.shaman[/url]

Dum spiro spero - While I breathe, I hope.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(Link)
      #35   Report Post  
    Old 07-15-2010, 11:10 AM

And this would be a cookie cuter Resto Shammy build, I'd reckon:
    [url]http://www.wowtal.com/#k=fv1k48f8.9mn.shaman[/url]

Dum spiro spero - While I breathe, I hope.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(Link)
      #36   Report Post  
    Old 07-15-2010, 12:31 PM

well, looking at affliction locks for raiding, so much for not having to take useless talents - looks like I have to take fear improvement talents to get to the later tiers - these are terrible for anything other than PVP

Also, I'm not sure what they are doing with resto druids - seems to be more focused on using HT and nourish more - anything that buffed HT was pretty useless before because nourish was more efficent. Also once again, have to waste 3 points in shapeshifting to get to tier 2 - and furor is completely useless for resto - gives no benefit at all.

The reduction of 5 point talents to 3 point talents seems to just mean you end up taking something you probably don't want to use.
      #37   Report Post  
    Old 07-15-2010, 04:16 PM

[SIZE="4"]mmo.jpg[/SIZE] sums it up

This forums upload abilitys fail...
      #38   Report Post  
    Old 07-15-2010, 05:26 PM

oz think your self lucky there is any, on most other forums you need to use photobucket or something similar.