Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer

#1   Report Post  
    Old 07-22-2010, 10:04 PM

Default Alien Swarm

As many people may already realise, Valve's new top-down shooter, Alien Swarm is now alive and kicking and the mod community is starting to get their teeth into the SDK.

Playing public is ok but most people generally rush off to get the most kills they can, so I've been trying to get a few friend matches up and running. Managed to catch Williz on earlier today and we had a crack at the campaign with a couple of my old L4D friends which was loads of fun (I'd like to see any alien get past Williz's turret ) Would also be a bit of fun to have a crack at some of the new levels people have come up with on the Steam forum.

Anyone want to go a few rounds against some alien scum with me? My Steam name is in my sig, feel free to add me and ask for a game anytime after 5pm (or anytime on the weekends).

Post your Steam name in this thread and we'll get a little community of players who can pool together to form games with each other.

See you on the battlefield. The dark, dingy battlefield
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 07-22-2010, 10:32 PM

I'd love to participate in some PCG community games, My username's AShinySword, feel free to invite me in if theres any matches going around, Mic chat is possible!

Also just a thought but maybe a valve game, much like those before it, warrants a group server? I've seen the option for one and personally I believe the massive mod potential and streams of new maps we are getting in just a few days after the release would make an awesome experience in such an fantastic game.

Anyhow, Lighting up those dingy corridors with a fistful of lightning - Shiny
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 07-23-2010, 08:55 AM

Sounds kl. I've only had time to play offline but hopefully after today will be able to game once more!!
    Add me if you wanna play
    [email]zen24759@zen.co.uk[/email]
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 07-23-2010, 12:35 PM

I'd be quite tempted to give this a try with people from here (rather than public randoms), although I have to admit I'm generally shite a quick reflex/twitch multi-player games and you'd probably end up screaming at me in frustration more often than not.

Also, I still need to finish downloading it....
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 07-24-2010, 07:20 PM

My steam name is TheToby call me anytime you see me online I'll probably join straight away.

Last edited by TheToby; 07-25-2010 at 02:06 PM.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 07-24-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheToby View Post
    My steam name is Tobias call me anytime you see me online I'll probably join straight away.
    I can't seem to add you to my friends list, it keeps saying there is a problem.

Anyway, It's nice to see so many people getting together to play this, it's loads more fun with voices and non-randoms. A lot more of my old L4D friends are also getting into this as well so I always seem to be able to make a group and have a good laugh. People will have to be wary around me now though, I just got the chainsaw and I'm have far too much fun than is safe
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 07-25-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mibeshu View Post
    I can't seem to add you to my friends list, it keeps saying there is a problem.

Anyway, It's nice to see so many people getting together to play this, it's loads more fun with voices and non-randoms. A lot more of my old L4D friends are also getting into this as well so I always seem to be able to make a group and have a good laugh. People will have to be wary around me now though, I just got the chainsaw and I'm have far too much fun than is safe
    I dont know:S I cant add anyone as a friend because I have not bought a game through steam
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 07-24-2010, 08:47 PM

My Steam name is DynamicEcho and I always play as a Tech. I'll be available once I've got a new mic, until then I'll play with randoms.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 07-24-2010, 08:53 PM

Always happy to jump on alien killing bandwagons.

My steam name's Cirius. I'm predictable like that. Always happy to be bugged.

I'm just always happy.

#10   Report Post  
    Old 07-25-2010, 12:33 PM

Good to see the group is growing stronger by the day.

Also a quick post to say thank you to PC Gamer for putting not one but two Alien Swarm group servers up, your generosity will be rewarded by many epic gaming moments and happy fans I'm sure. I most certainly am. :-D

Last edited by AShinySword; 07-25-2010 at 12:38 PM.