Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Wurm Online

#1   Report Post  
    Old 07-22-2010, 03:45 PM

Question The best thing about Wurm is..?

A simple question, what is your favourite thing about Wurm Online?

If you had to pick a single slice of the game that makes playing worthwhile to you, what would it be? It could be the building, making a small section of the world your own. Or watching over time as a hill is slowly dug to make way for a new road. Exploring is probably a big favourite, wandering through the woods knowing the landscape could have been changed many, many times before becoming what it is today.

For me it's looking out across the landscape and seeing a handful of pixels moving off in the distance, knowing it's another person, and wondering what they are doing. Sometimes it's possible to make something more out, seeing a green figure on top of a white blob and knowing it's somebody riding on horseback. Or a brown blob on the water, sailing by. Just watching them move about, wondering what they are up to makes that game that much more fun for me. Are they on their way home, or going too somewhere? They could be travelling to a market several hours journey away, or they might be going to visit a friend on the other side of the island. You could be seeing them at their home, walking down the path to a nearby spot of trees to gather wood for some unknown purpose. Watching a village with several people moving about is even more fascinating, they're probably not up to anything important, just going about their daily business, stopping every once in a while to greet their fellow villagers.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 07-22-2010, 04:10 PM

Well the best thing about wurm....

ME!

But more seriously my best moment was sitting on the hill in GV pcg with my brother looking down at the blobs and their fires by Glitterdale lake guessing what their doing, so my best thing about wurm would be either the same as yours or random exporing, like how i ended up the other day in a forest full of goblins and spiders at night with no light while at the same time leading around a pig and a rooster still looking for somewhere to loot.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 07-26-2010, 01:15 PM

For me (at the moment) is making a home and trying to improve it, be it plant more plants, erect a stone wall, convert a wood house into a stone house.. and watch the world go by from my Island..

Exploring will come when im sufficiently skilled enough to ride a horse.. and then it'll be an exploring I go..
    was even toying with the idea of doing a mini blog on the forums of my scouting adventures with pictures..

PCG (Wurm) // PCG STO // PCG Minecraft

WURM - Come Visit PCG
    StarTrek Online - Boldly Go to Season 9
    Minecraft - LEGO for Grown-Ups
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 07-26-2010, 01:23 PM

One of my favourite aspects of Wurm are probably getting lost for hours in the forests; but best of all, the wonderful PCG communities have got to be my absolute favourite
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 07-27-2010, 01:23 PM

Ah well, you all know my answer, the cows.

More seriously... all the people I've met, apart from the griefers, are very nice and supportive. I still vividly remember my first day on Wurm. Long story short, I got lost in the old GV village, and spent 4 Wurm days clawing my way up the hill and living off bits of grass I stuffed in my mouth. Upon my return I was rewarded with a fish casserole, and I went, "Oh I'm staying." Built my shack the next day.

#6   Report Post  
    Old 07-27-2010, 05:43 PM

Building stuff. Mainly boats. :P
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 08-15-2010, 11:37 PM

Change. Thats my biggest love of Wurm, that and its ability to be as much of it as you make of it. Wurm has caused me to dream up dozens of project, start some, burn some and even finish some.

Leaving an area one week to return and find it a new. Exploring never gets old.

Eve Online:
    Gallente: PCGE : Xzal Firentii (inactive)
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 08-16-2010, 10:24 PM

The best thing about Wurm is trekking across the continent with a cow and forming a genuine emotional bond with it.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 08-18-2010, 09:38 AM

You still play legionary?
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 08-19-2010, 01:00 AM

No, Wurm lost its appeal for me when the community split apart. If you're not playing amongst friendly faces then Wurm doesn't have a great deal to offer long-term in my opinion.

Sounds like everyones' been having fun though, so the community obviously knit together again which is great.