Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Eve Online > General Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 07-16-2010, 07:53 AM

Cool Introductions

I am a guild officer in the PCG WoW (EU) guild and have decided to branch out in to Eve Online. I orginally played Eve when it was released but just could not get into it. I started again a couple of years ago and again failed to "get it". This time I am determined to make it a success. Luckly I still have my character from 2 years ago so they are already trained up to Cruiser (full cert) and can learn Battleship and Battlecruiser anytime. I have started a second account who will be my Miner/Industrialist, I am not far getting them certified for Mining Barge.

I am looking to set some Corp goals for us to aim for. Any suggestions?

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 07-16-2010, 08:07 AM

firstly i'd suggest a good home.

We'll want something (initially) that is in high sec, but with easy access (2-3 jumps) to low sec. There are a few suitable systems in gallente space. A 'dead end' system would be even better.

We then need to concentrate on income. So we'll need to harvest planets and get miners up and protected (happy to run guard duties). This will allow 'us' to support the newer members and get them going with ships/fittings.

Then once we're established we can start to branch out- w-space is great for raids/mining runs- we can even think about setting up a POS in there. Then there's 0.0 space and piracy.

Worlds your... erm... giant interconnected universe-thingy.

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 07-16-2010, 09:42 AM

My main is in Ushra'Khan alliance but i have a spare 40 mil skillpoint alt who i'd be happy to put into the PCG corp. Just let me know whats its established and i will join up.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 07-16-2010, 11:45 AM

I agree with Spats, the primary goal should be to get some isk-generation going, and recruit as many new members as possible. We should be able to afford to keep our members supplied with small ships (frigs and dessies), and t1 fittings for them, so that members always have something to fly in pvp, or whatever. After that, maybe save up for a POS? Like Spats suggested, we could have a go at wormholing.

Corp mining ops, and lowsec roams, should be run regularly too. As well as anything else people can think of.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 07-17-2010, 08:14 PM

well we'll need at least 500 mil to set up a mediun POS in wspace. and the skills obv- which i have none of :-)

i can scout, scan and farm. just getting into pvp too.

but tems right- lets get the iskies up, then think about our next move. a crop wallet of around 2 billion should cover us for all eventualities.

perhaps once we're settled, we can all donate 10 mil of something- 'cos once we're in wspace, the cash will roll in.

i can post a guide on what to do, how to operate once we decide to do it.

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 07-17-2010, 08:59 PM

So far I only have my main in (Spartakhan), and I mostly have experience in PvE. My PvP background so far has been to explode a lot, then buy another ship. I'm working on that. I haven't been in a corp before and Eve is vastly different that other MMOs, so just let me know what you want me to do to help.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 07-17-2010, 10:09 PM

I'm pretty sure to run a POS, you only need the anchoring skill, which I have (to level 3), and I think you need the relevant roles as well to set it up for a corp. I've never actually done it myself, but I do have the skills/equipment (other than the POS itself).

We could run smaller-scale wormhole ops without a POS, until we get the isk up to buy one. I can fit around 4km3 in my Viator, so we could potentially go out and just fill that up. Not really sure how it works.

I'm also planning to organise a couple of ops during the week (all proceeds to the corp) - probably at least one mining op, and maybe a pvp roam or two. If anyone has standings for level 4 missions in the area, we might be able to do some as a group. If not, I'll get to work grinding standings once I bring my Domi down from Amarr space.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 07-18-2010, 09:41 AM

You would have to set up in gaylelnte space- unfortunatly i am -5.82 to them so KOS.

There is an ingame channel already set up by some older forumites PCG COMMUNITY feel free to join that there are usually a few of us online (EU TZ anyway).

If you need a lot of stuff moved, ie freighter loads hit me up my alt can move about anywhere in eve. My ingame name is the same as my forum name.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 07-18-2010, 10:55 AM

It's only temporary until we have the numbers and ISK to move out to low-sec. That's when the fun begins...
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 07-18-2010, 10:11 PM

I've set up my first char in the game wasn't really feeling the combat so going for miner/production as it seems more interesting.