Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Super

#1   Report Post  
    Old 02-08-2011, 07:49 PM

Default Friday 11/2/11

Right then,
    Plan for Friday should be BWD. I may extend the lockout from last weeks depending on the raid makeup (pointless bringing Magmaw back up if we dont have the composition to get them down)

That will leave Saturday for either raiding somewhere else or pressing on deeper into BWD, we'll see how it goes.

p.s. If an officer reads this, can they please add saturdays raid to the Calendar. Thankyou.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 02-08-2011, 08:09 PM

Goff just ask them in game if they aint busy they don't mind posting them.

as for the internal bosses from what I experienced the bloke with the cauldron is a nice straight forward fight once you get the hang of the red/blue/green rotations. the blind dragon is a bit twitchy but other wise a decent fight just needs a bit self debuff management and timing on the gongs, I haven't seen the third one so I'm not to sure on it. (other than what I have read)

but then there is also halfus in the TH raid and we can try to get a few bosses into that if we hit a wall. either way once magmaw and omnomnomitron are down it opens 3 new options to try and we still have the TH raid take a poke at.

but since the conclave loot isn't that great (in comparison to the other 2 raids) due to it all being random enchant it is more worth while pressing on with the other 2 raids until we think we are closer to taking out al'akair.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 02-08-2011, 08:16 PM

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
    I wouldn't mind giving BH a poke aswell cos I've not actually done it yet and it seems like easy loot
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 02-08-2011, 08:24 PM

BH is a easy fight and if we have the same level of DPS we normally do it should be a easy one shot. the problem is making sure people don't get saved to it.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 02-08-2011, 08:25 PM

Few of us had a go of Maloriak, Chimaerom and Atramedes in the 25man.
    If we have the interrupts Maloriak should be an easy enough kill, Chimaeron was a pain in the ass, very gimmicky fight. Atramedes was simple enough if we get the gong interrupt right I could see him dropping with minimal problems

Last edited by Cin; 02-08-2011 at 10:08 PM.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 02-08-2011, 08:35 PM

yeah Sisy I has there for Maloriak and Atramedes this is the reference we will probably be using if we go into these fights, I never saw the third boss in the back as I had to drop out on the first night to find out what was killing my fps.

but yeah the beam kite is still there in 10 man, it's still the same phase rotation I believe in 10 and 25, 80 seconds ground and 40 seconds flying. the main reason a lot of people fail at the beam chase is if you get caught it puts up your sound and if you hit 100 sounds he kills you and there is no way to avoid it. but for you it's just a case of hit the gong and run then wait for him to start chasing/get close before you hit sprint. (or what ever the run buff is)
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 02-10-2011, 07:50 AM

I wouldn't mind BH either never got round to trying that boss out as yet

I may have to respec from Aff/Demo to Destro/Demo as since the lock nerf in this patch my dps seems to have taken a fair hit cry. Still looking at my dps figures over the next couple of days to work out if I need to do this or not.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 02-10-2011, 08:55 AM

The loss of ISF hit affliction in particular very hard, it hit demo too, and dmeo also got it's AoE nerfed pretty hard. If I were you I'd spec destruction.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 02-10-2011, 10:34 AM

they made hunter a bit strange as well, MM easily out damages SV but the MM rotation is so clunky and dependant on minimal movement (stupid long aimed shot cast time) so I'mm still waiting to see where I stand on certain fights. as with little movement MM is easily the best spec and I would say passes what SV use to be, so I really don't get the change.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 02-11-2011, 09:58 AM

OK Afflication now sucks. I have done 2 heroics and been at the bottom of the DPS meter in both but a loooooong way I will be respecing tonight to Dest/Demo.

Luckily for me I am working from home today so hopefully will be able to get an instance or 2 done before tonights raid to

a) check my dps tp see what it is like with these new specs
    b) learn the new spell rotations

Sigh GJ Blizz

Regards

Oni/Onion