Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > DC Universe Online

#1   Report Post  
    Old 02-05-2011, 03:19 PM

Default Healer tips/guides please

Hi all.

Now endgame content is upon me and hard versions of things open up i find myself in need of tips and tactics for dealing with the alerts/raids.

My main concern is following all the other players as healing spells seem to be AoE based and either the people i group with are purposefully splitting up and running all over or the bosses are designed to keep the battle mobile.

Due to this I find my abilities to be on cooldown at the worst times and my power drying up due to having to use quick insta heals.

Also I wonder if, as a healer, it is safe to be using 1 handed as a weapon in raids and hard alerts. In Duos and solo i find 1 handed allows me to build hit counter quickly and boost my power regeneration rate so i can always stay on top of things but I wonder if i would need to switch to a ranged high fire rate weapon.

If anyone can link some guides or hints or put up some example stats of a good level 30 healer i would appreciate it
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 02-06-2011, 12:36 AM

presently stats for my healer are as follows:

Health: 1815
    Power: 1667
    Defence: 1113
    Might: 764
    Restoration: 889
    Vitalization: 88
    Precision: 96
    Toughness: 110
    Domination: 50
    Critical Heal Magnitude: 21%
    Critical Heal Chance: 9%
    Critical Heal Effect: 24% (not sure what that stat actually means)
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 02-06-2011, 03:27 AM

Erm for this a little more info would be handy IE what type of healer are you sorc or nature and your spec within those trees

what i can say about weapons is ranged weps are always the better choice if you look at the healer we have atm Zanven uses dual pistols The Divine uses hand blasters im currently using a bow all of these weps have a rapid fore ability that allows the hit counter to get high fast with minimal danger to your character for pure speed i personally think the hand blasters are the better choice with pulse beam.

If your really stuck hit people ingame for info

The Divine and Zanven are good for nature info im good for sorc both sides of the tree and im sure theres more but im tired and my brains not working lol

heres some starter info for you [URL="http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuopc/posts/list.m?topic_id=14169"]Sorc Destiny healing[/URL]

[URL="http://www.dcuosource.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=59&jfile=viewt opic.php&f=6&t=11749"]Nature healing[/URL]
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 02-06-2011, 10:20 AM

cant believe i forgot to say. I am sorcery based.

The guide has been very helpful thank you, i had chosen all the powers mentioned but loadout was different as it was a different guide i was following, kinda gotten attached to having a watcher providing supplemental healing but its place on the hotbar could be be better used elsewhere.

Well it seems from reading that I am doing the right thing just had a crisis of confidence following a bad run of alerts i guess with chaos from disorderly mob pulls and dragging the fight all over the place making healing an exceptionally tough job. If the other team members stay close and watch for being out of the circle of protection and soul well its easy enough otherwise its a bit of a nightmare.

Think before i respec i might sink some points into other ranged weapons to get a feel. got a healing rifle which is great for damage and fun to use with a flamethrower attached but its power regen sucks next to 1 handed. Started with hand blasters but it gets old quick.