Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#1   Report Post  
    Old 01-20-2011, 05:07 PM

Default Crysis 2 Teaser Site - Password?

Hi there

Sorry to be spamming about crysis 2 lately, honest I am not a CryTek employee (though that sounds quite fun). Don't know if you guys have seen this site [url]http://www.crynetsystems.com/[/url] . Looks like a teaser site, a little like the one Valve ran for Portal. There is a login option, and some people have tried their MyCrysis login details, as well as their Crysis Wars logins. No dice.

So watching one of the teaser videos ([url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LawSLza6v-Q&feature=player_embedded[/url]), it seems that one username could be NOMAD_3V1KF, and from watching the same video the password is 14 characters long - but there's no tip as to what it is! I've tried crynet-systems, crynet|systems, crynet systems (space is a recognised character), and various permutations, doesnt seem to work.

Some folks have even taken to decompling the flash code to see if they can find it...

Anyone got any ideas what it might be? Doesnt seem to be much on googles regarding this. Maybe crytek will release more teaser stuff with some ideas.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 01-20-2011, 05:32 PM

If it was Valve, they'd put it in hidden code on the site, in the video, in the first game (ever need to login to a computer in the first game?), in one of the reviews, on a whiteboard in the office, etc. There's always some smart people out there that tend to be very good at working these sorts of things out.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 01-21-2011, 08:11 AM

I tried looking up the answer on google, followed a link, and found myself back here again...I think I'm stuck in an infinite loop...

#4   Report Post  
    Old 01-21-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cirius View Post
    I tried looking up the answer on google, followed a link, and found myself back here again...I think I'm stuck in an infinite loop...
    Hahaha... man I hate when that happens. When I was on nvnews.net all the time it seemed like every time I googled something I ended up right back where I started.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 01-21-2011, 08:44 AM

Thats because we are at the cutting edge of the internetz - only the MyCrysis site has any discussion on this so far. Just imagine, there may be a whole beta hiding behind that password for us to play.

Or probably more wallpapers. But meh, its a puzzle. Must solve! **froths at mouth**
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 01-21-2011, 11:02 AM

What about teasing apart the .swf that the site is running, might it be possible to get a password out of that.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 01-21-2011, 05:03 PM

I was just hitting in random crap in the username and passwords and it kept saying "username or password is wrong" but when i used crytek as the username, it changed to passwrod is wrong. Then after trying various passwords it started saying that the username had expired...
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 01-21-2011, 09:52 PM

[url=http://www.1up.com/news/crysis-2-demo-coming-exclusively]This news here helped me lose some interest in Crysis 2 PC.[/url]
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 01-21-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MysterD View Post
    [url=http://www.1up.com/news/crysis-2-demo-coming-exclusively]This news here helped me lose some interest in Crysis 2 PC.[/url]
    F*ck you Crytek. Now if you don't mind I will go play a game thats dev's aren't console worshipping mind turds. Minecraft.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2011, 04:16 PM

Yeah I have got a little bit of impending "multi-platform engine" doom as well ....