Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU)

#1   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 08:44 PM

Default Rebel Alliance

[FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="1"]I have played WoW since vanilla. I have flitted from hard core raider, to PvP, BG, Arena – but am most comfortable as a social gamer.

a year ago, when I read that PC Gamer had a WoW guild going I paid to move server and change faction on three characters. I brought over two friends. All for the joy of joining PCG! I have always played alliance characters – call me mad – but somehow they just ‘fit’ better. When Cataclysm was announced, I knew that I would be levelling a wargen at the expense of my horde 80s. Ok, again call me mad – here I am in a truly massive horde guild – but I knew I wanted to go back to Alliance. When there was talk of a PCG Alliance guild, I jumped at the chance to help out and signed the charter – and so ‘Rebel Alliance’ was born. But since I started levelling my wargen mage Oboroten, Rebel Alliance has been an utter disappointment. I imagined it to be a working, Alliance alternative to PCG – and it just isn’t. At best it’s a minor chat room for novelty wargen alts.

What is RA intended for? Can it not be a fully functional guild? Each night I get 2-3 whispers asking for guild invites. The RA officers are never on – they spend 99.9% of their time on PCG. How does that work? How can RA ever be viable with a structure like that? I think there is a case for an Alliance alternative to PCG.

I am prepared to act as a temporary officer until other more worthy candidates step forward.
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by Fetler; 12-13-2010 at 08:48 PM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 08:56 PM

I couldn't agree more! I changed characters over from realm and faction for PCG, the least we can do it attempt to create a functioning Alliance guild. I'd be glad to help you, and support the guild in a leadership or even merely supportive role.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rivilious View Post
    the least we can do it attempt to create a functioning Alliance guild.
    Sorry Riv, but that's just not the case. The least we can do is run PCG as well as we can, and that's challenging enough at the start of a new expansion.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 08:56 PM

First and foremost head to Ross' post [URL="http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4369"]here[/URL]

Most of your questions are answered here. Rebel Alliance (at least my understanding of it's purpose) was never intended to replace the main Horde guild at any stretch.

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 09:16 PM

Rebel Alliance, as it says in my post, is NOT intended to be a PCG Alliance guild. It's enough work making PCG run, and all the officers (we have 12, which is a lot) have plenty to do already between PCG and our real-life obligations.

It's simply there to give PCG members a chance to try out worgen characters with a few friends from PCG. I've offered invites on a number of occasions since Cataclysm launched and to be honest I haven't been swamped with requests.

All that said, I'll talk to Teem about extending inviting rights.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 12-14-2010, 09:58 AM
    Tim Edwards

Hey guys,

I've promoted Oboroten, so he can start tinkering and getting more people into the Alliance side.

Now, fundamentally - our Alliance guild is meant as a place for any of our Horde guildmembers to enjoy levelling an alliance character with people they know. We don't have plans to raid with it, or try and arrange group activities. It's just too hard - and WoW takes so much time to achieve anything - to split our attention with two guilds.

But - here's the thing. It's your guild. If you want it to be more, make it more. Go nuts.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 12-14-2010, 05:15 PM

Fantastic news! Sorry if I misunderstood the initial purpose for RA.

I will do my best to make RA a success!
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 12-14-2010, 05:42 PM

Talking

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fetler View Post
    Fantastic news! Sorry if I misunderstood the initial purpose for RA.

I will do my best to make RA a success!
    If you can post things that RA are doing and planning, I'm sure it'll bring some alliance players out of the woodwork.
    Can't say I've a burning desire to level through goody two shoes land again, but still...

Dum spiro spero - While I breathe, I hope.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(Link)
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 12-14-2010, 10:02 PM

To be honest, I'd love to level my new worgen thorugh the starter zones, and definately take him to 58 at least to see new alliance content. However that's about 9th on my list of things to do in the expansion, so it might take me a while to get on with it
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 12-15-2010, 05:34 AM

I'd be willing to level an alliance. Wouldn't mind trying out a dwarf priest I think!