Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Class Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-01-2010, 08:51 AM

Default Warlock Raiding in 4.0.1

O Hai, some of you were asking about tips on playing Warlocks in patch 4.0.1.

Instead of writing a long post on each spec I will simply refer you to the link below which gives you all the information you need.

[URL="http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t106168-4_0_pre_cataclysm_raiding/"]http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t106168-4_0_pre_cataclysm_raiding/[/URL]

If you have any questions on specifics please post them here and I'm sure myself or one of our friendly guild warlocks can help!

Last edited by Zerne; 11-01-2010 at 12:28 PM. Reason: im a noob
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-01-2010, 10:33 AM

Some Paladin who used to be a Warlock and before that a Paladin told me that Warlocks are rubbish and mages are great but also mages are rubbish and Paladins are great and so he's a Paladin again.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-01-2010, 11:23 AM

I miss my Felpuppy . Stoopid Succubus.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 11-01-2010, 11:52 AM

from what i have found stacking as much Mastery and intellect into your gear is so overpowered in ICC10man. You can easily keep around 13-14k on most boss fights in ICC. That is with the Destro spec and making sure you keep Conflag on CD at all times with Corruption and Immolate ticking away

i could right a brief summary as i have played my warlock for years and know most specs, but im lazy and the link given there covers everything you need to know

atm spec Destro as it is by far the best dps atm for the class. Demo is a bit behind with 1.5-2k difference but is amazing in AoE fights due to the new Felguard AoE attacks.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 11-01-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nelks View Post
    from what i have found stacking as much Mastery and intellect into your gear is so overpowered in ICC10man. You can easily keep around 13-14k on most boss fights in ICC. That is with the Destro spec and making sure you keep Conflag on CD at all times with Corruption and Immolate ticking away

i could right a brief summary as i have played my warlock for years and know most specs, but im lazy and the link given there covers everything you need to know

atm spec Destro as it is by far the best dps atm for the class. Demo is a bit behind with 1.5-2k difference but is amazing in AoE fights due to the new Felguard AoE attacks.
    lazy oik!

I'm still specced for affliction as primary, but didnt realise that felhound shouldnt be used and that succubus should now. is this all situational?

I'll have a good read up on ej later on in any event.

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 11-01-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by greenbeermonkey View Post
    lazy oik!

I'm still specced for affliction as primary, but didnt realise that felhound shouldnt be used and that succubus should now. is this all situational?

I'll have a good read up on ej later on in any event.
    If you planning on still playing Affliction and want some more in depth info, this thread is briliant: [URL="http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t106493-dots_you_4_0_affliction_warlock_thread/"]Dots and you: The 4.0 Affliction Warlock thread[/URL]
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 11-01-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zerne View Post
    If you planning on still playing Affliction and want some more in depth info, this thread is briliant: [URL="http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t106493-dots_you_4_0_affliction_warlock_thread/"]Dots and you: The 4.0 Affliction Warlock thread[/URL]
    Incredibly helpful link. many thanks Zerne. its changed a little since last i really dedicated a few hours to my lock - all very much appreciated!

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 11-25-2010, 10:37 AM

Has anyone had chance to try out warlock DPS since the patch yesterday? I doubt that many important changes have been made, but if you have spotted them any hints/tips would be great!

Slightly worried about the decrease in DPS but we were a little OP after the last patch, I'm guessing we are now in line with where we were before we were buffed?
    I only ask because Team Awesome are still raiding ICC and with two ranged being warlocks we can't afford to lose too much DPS, especially with a Sindy achievement and the Lich King Heroic to be done! I didn't have chance to get on and test it last night so any feedback you have will be appreciated.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 11-01-2010, 01:27 PM

yeah you want to primarily use the Succy on affliction now, but it is situational. I tend to use the Imp as i drain life due to talents as it out dps shadowbolt and reminds me of the Pre Temptest Keep/SSC raiding pec before nerf.

the complexity of specs is as always easierst to hardest - Destro-Demo-Afflic

play what you feel can deliver best dps
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 12-09-2010, 11:39 PM

Liking the Demo spec atlot! The new spell Demon Soul with Felguard (15% spell haste +10% fire,shadow dmg) rocks. combine this with the re-vamped soulfire talent and you got a very nice execute phase!! huge dmg in it. i found it has over taken Destro. sitting at over 5k spell dmg now

what ur raiding with at the moment Zerne and your thought of the end game specs?